To concede, or not to concede?

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Nodi

Re: To concede, or not to concede?

Postby Nodi » 26 July 2013, 08:16

My Fav all time concede against me. I had a Orc team that was around 1700TV, and not very bashy at all. I kicked to a Elf team. They 2 turn score against me, not injuries are anything sustained against them. And immediately after the kickoff, after I form a cage, they concede.

I guess the Elf coach didn't want any injuries, and was happy collecting 4 SPP.
We can see here the problem of the 51spp rule not implemented.
The guy can farm like this a certain amount of time and then have some high skilled players (the ones who scored the TD).
Shame on him...

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 26 July 2013, 10:36

We can see here the problem of the 51spp rule not implemented.
The guy can farm like this a certain amount of time and then have some high skilled players (the ones who scored the TD).
Shame on him...
This. :evil:

It also hurts using this version as a stats database.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

GobboBlabs

Postby GobboBlabs » 25 August 2013, 05:57

I concede. I do it. I don't like it. But I do it. I feel there is a time and place for it.

#1). I create several of the same teams in various leagues. For leagues like Auld or Nagg I do it to preserve, or to just top off a team building night... ie get those final 1 spp throws on 1-2 players then clock the game and hit the hay, giving my opponent a inexplicable quick 10 spp when they didn't even touch the ball. I do not use it in the private leagues, like FOL or No Bash--solely for the sake of playing the pure game. I do not consider Auld or Nagg... pure BB, rather a quick MM league for playing at leisure.

#2). In a game that has been insanely brutal in the first 8 turns, no apoc left and a complete and pure understanding that I am out matched and out classed for the rest of the game (ie.. im out 5 players by turn 6.. opponent can score and it waiting for turn 8, and I know I wont even be able to defend a ball carrier in the last half of the game, let alone keep my players from the 9 man fouling). Please note that I will allow the team to score on turn 8, try a throw on my two possessions, congratulate the other player.. and end it.

#3). The Apoc must always be used, and it must be clear that I will not have enough players left (ie badly hurt) to mount a reasonable shot at even PROTECTING them from just massive stomping. Usually this means an opponent still fouling up 2 TD's and me having a 6-7 player disadvantage.

#4) Ive finished several games (maybe 10) with all players badly hurt or worse injuries... even with the other team still fouling.. only because the Apoc.. thankfully.. never had to be used.

Not because I want to or enjoy it.. but because I can... there are just games that are absolutely over by turn 5-6 against some of the murder teams. It's self preservation I suppose. I agree the 51 SPP rule would change things a bit... but might also create more min maxing around the sweet spots of teams that don't play as well at the highest tvs. Im happy the 51 SPP rule IS NOT implemented in the large public leagues--I feel you would face a glut of the same race teams at certain TV points.

Grabnutz

Postby Grabnutz » 26 August 2013, 11:35

I rarely concede, if i'm taking heavy losses I just run with it, since I play lots of joke teams anyway, Ogres, Goblins, Underworld, there's always chance for something mental to happen.
I did however just concede with my 1600tv Orcs against a 1700 Dwarf team. It was beyond not fun, I like dwarfs, but not at this level where every blocker has guard, mighty blow and stand firm or piling on, it's just nuts to make any sort of progress against them, so 1-0 down at half time I concede out of frustration and, more significantly, boredom (made sure to foul first of course, no self respecting rage-quitter would do otherwise!)
Any other game where i'm looking bound to loose I play on, try to have a chat with the guy/gal, and enjoy it, but dwarfs... urgh, can't get any fun from them.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 26 August 2013, 16:59

:) I'll never concede even if my Goblin or Halflings are getting thrashed by a Dwarf squad. Even losing a game doesn't bother me, I'll be satisfied enough with getting the 5 SPP to help develop a player.

whater

Postby whater » 27 August 2013, 17:06

:) I'll never concede even if my Goblin or Halflings are getting thrashed by a Dwarf squad. Even losing a game doesn't bother me, I'll be satisfied enough with getting the 5 SPP to help develop a player.
You can't develop the dead

Grabnutz

Postby Grabnutz » 27 August 2013, 21:11

A guy just conceded a game, while setting up to kick off at the start, because he wanted to re-name his Yhetee. I salute that man.

GobboBlabs

Postby GobboBlabs » 28 August 2013, 08:46

A guy just conceded a game, while setting up to kick off at the start, because he wanted to re-name his Yhetee. I salute that man.
+1

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 28 August 2013, 10:58

Concession is for the weak.
Just skip the turns if you want to end the match quickly.

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 28 August 2013, 13:51

Concession is for the weak.
Just skip the turns if you want to end the match quickly.
and leave your men on the ground. or scatter them to the wind.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”