Ogre Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
timdog

Re: Ogre Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby timdog » 12 April 2012, 16:27

Anraka wrote:Ok, here is rather unusual problem:

My Ogre was lucky and now I have:
- AG4, MV6 player

The question is - what next?

On the normal roll I was thinking about Juggernout as his role is to break through the defence and run to the end zone, while the rest of the team can mark the dangerous players.

Another option: Strong Arm opens quite interesting play with Snot Catchers
Last option: Break Tackle is pretty much covered by the already high AG

The real problem is what to do if I roll double:
1. Sure Hands - saves reroll and protects from the Strip Ball
2. Block
3. Dodge

I think dodge could be the best choice as it offers some protection and at ther same time can help with dodging out from players who mark you.

well... your thoughts?

ag4 + strong arm = stontling throwing machine! Do it

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 12 April 2012, 17:05

:lol: Immediately sign that AG 4 MA 6 Ogre over to the Shamutanti Hills Horde. Skills wise, every Ogre worth his weight in gold needs "Block", however any sort of chucking skills wouldn't hurt either.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 12 April 2012, 20:15

timdog wrote:ag4 + strong arm = stontling throwing machine! Do it

Agility has no effect on Throw Teammate.

hermanJnr.

Postby hermanJnr. » 13 April 2012, 08:31

I was just thinking about the earlier STR 7 Ogre question, and I have to say I would have taken the +STR actually. Purely because (if I've thought of this right), that'd let you Break Tackle into a 3 man cage front and hit the carrier on a 2+.

IMO that ability is far more threatening and dangerous than simply being slightly more reliable when hitting - especially since with 6 Ogres on a team, you pretty often roll doubles to get Block on 1 or 2 of the others.
Formerly on the boards as "NinjaGammaMan".

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 13 April 2012, 16:49

:P + 1...I'm hoping one of my Ogres gets to reach such greatness statistically.

d_fly

Postby d_fly » 14 April 2012, 16:13

hermanJnr. wrote:I was just thinking about the earlier STR 7 Ogre question, and I have to say I would have taken the +STR actually. Purely because (if I've thought of this right), that'd let you Break Tackle into a 3 man cage front and hit the carrier on a 2+.

IMO that ability is far more threatening and dangerous than simply being slightly more reliable when hitting - especially since with 6 Ogres on a team, you pretty often roll doubles to get Block on 1 or 2 of the others.

Unless I'm mistaken, it wouldn't. The AG table stops at 6 AG, giving no benefit for AG rolls using AG scores higher than 6. So, in other words, I would still be looking at my same 3+ roll, which isn't bad, considering. I had originally hoped he would get doubles and give him tackle, but with that -MA, he's not as likely to be able to hop into the cage like that. Ah well, just have to hope that my other + ST ogre gets doubles for that tackle instead :D

Void

Postby Void » 28 May 2012, 10:21

My problems with ball handling disappeared after playing Khemri for some time. Every player there has at most AG2. With that experience I had no fear for using Ogres for ball handling duties.
Snotlings, not counting throwing them far from any danger, were not able to keep that ball during the opponent's turn.

rvg

Postby rvg » 18 October 2012, 14:14

So... according to FUMBBL statistics Ogre teams perform worse than Halflings. I'm kinda surprised actually. Expected them to outdo both Halflings and Gobbos.

whater

Postby whater » 19 October 2012, 15:41

rvg wrote:So... according to FUMBBL statistics Ogre teams perform worse than Halflings. I'm kinda surprised actually. Expected them to outdo both Halflings and Gobbos.

Well lots of your players have 1STR, so even Halflings & Gobs can Bully them around. And your big players can go Stupid way too often.

I consider my self a good Coach (most of my teams have a winning record). But I have a losing record with my Ogre's. 6-13-4 (if I recall).
*I consider two of my loses as not legit, Nuffle was against me at the end of the game (one I should have won, other should have been a tie).

I put Break Tackle on my Ogre's, as I found this allowed them to have more movement. And a little bit of Guard (more of a defensive skill, not much of a offensive skill, even though it helps with the odd Snotling block).

rvg

Postby rvg » 19 October 2012, 15:50

They might do better if a the reserve box can hold more snots. Once the opposition builds up tackle, those snots are history. Pre-tackle though, snots might just be the most annoying lvl 1 players ever.

On the subject of Ogres, is it worthwhile to make one a ballcarrier?

Return to “Roster & Strategies”