Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
MattDakka

Re: Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby MattDakka » 08 February 2013, 04:05

In order to have a TV efficient Lizardmen team you have to skill up your Sauri, and just 1-2 Skinks as ball carrier/one turner, the rest of the Skinks is disposable fodder (thus they must be cheap).
Bull. You need 'em all skilled, so if one drops, another can pick up the slack. :) They're still disposable fodder, but keep 'em running as long as you can.
If they are special (they have either +1 MA, +1 AG, or they have rolled a double) yes you keep them, if they didn't roll +1 MA, +1 AG or a double at their 2nd skill fire them and trim your TV. This way you roll more times, you have less TV bloat and you have more chances of rolling a good skill, moreover, if they become too expensive they are not disposable anymore (100 TV on a fragile Stunty player? No thanks). Yes, you can protect a couple of good Skinks (namely the ball carrier and/or the one turner), but protecting all Skinks is hard.
A two skills Skink requires 16 SPPs. With 32 SPPs (16 SPPs each Skink) you have 4 skill rolls (2 per each Skink), while if you stack the same amount (32 SPPs) on a single, not special Skink you have just 3 rolls and less chances of rolling something good.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 08 February 2013, 09:52

Makes sense, but I have a hard job firing them because they look so cute. :?

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 08 February 2013, 15:38

Makes sense, but I have a hard job firing them because they look so cute. :?
Yet another reason why you should NEVER give your Skinks cute-sounding names. Nobody ever shed a tear because "Skink C" suffered a broken collarbone or "Skink F" went three levels without a remarkable skill-up.

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 08 February 2013, 17:27

Yet another reason why you should NEVER give your Skinks cute-sounding names. Nobody ever shed a tear because "Skink C" suffered a broken collarbone or "Skink F" went three levels without a remarkable skill-up.
On my Elite Small Titans team, they're all named "Kroxigor Meal #1", "#2," etc.

I wish we could rename zombies, I like keeping to my theme of "Fallen Hero #7847827574875385678934573485389475398" but I've gotten two to my ranks from other teams. I -really- wish there were zombified figures for other races...
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 08 February 2013, 19:12

There's no way I'm retiring "Little Fluffy Cloud"! He might only have sidestep and diving tackle, but he's a top bloke off the pitch.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 08 February 2013, 20:02

And the last few posts are why I prefer league play over MM any day of the week.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 09 February 2013, 18:22

:D high 5 me. :D

Aegis J Hyena

Postby Aegis J Hyena » 09 February 2013, 20:11

There's no way I'm retiring "Little Fluffy Cloud"! He might only have sidestep and diving tackle, but he's a top bloke off the pitch.
Live by the pitch, die ON the pitch, eh?
Twitter: @Omegatani

Image Image Image Image

Civilization Game! http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=90 --- come join us :P

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 09 February 2013, 23:56

Generally speaking I like to let players that have been stalwart performs die in the line of duty. I've had a 1 str skink that knocked around for quite awhile. He didn't even die. He was made of stern stuff. In the end I got rid of him to get under a tv cap and there just wasn't any other option. He was my top scorer for quite some time and had +mv, catch, and sidestep.

timdog

Postby timdog » 10 February 2013, 00:29

I've mentioned this in another thread, and really, it's probably all the same people reading it so this may be unnecessary, but whatever - I had my best Norse lineman fouler take a -str injury (he was DP and Sneaky git as far as skills at the time) and I decided i'd keep him since he left the pitch on a caught foul more often than not, and thus the -str wasn't the end of his "normal" use. Well he rolled a +AG on his next level, so now in addition to fouling, he can be an emergency ball hander or just use that extra AG to dodge into the backfield and stomp on some dude that was normally out of reach. In LEAGUE play I don't mind carrying some dead weight, because inducements very very rarely work out to equal the amount of TV they are replacing, to much fail involved with them.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”