Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
whater

Re: Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby whater » 10 July 2013, 00:00

For a Blitzing sknink I'd go Strip Ball over MB. Get the ball loose.
Obviously Wrestle/Strip Ball is the better pair to have for that role though. Then take JumpUp, followed by Side Step.

On a Block Skink, I'd go Guard as the second doubles.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 16 July 2013, 10:09

Mb on a skink is stupid. Block & Surehands are the best doubles for them by miles.

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 17 July 2013, 18:09

Mb on a skink is stupid. Block & Surehands are the best doubles for them by miles.
Well, I beg to differ. I had a block, mighty blow skink that inflicted several casualties. I feel that skinks need a mobile blitzer. A break tackle Saurus works well but can't get to most vulnerable targets often in the back row. Skinks give great support to a low ST mobile striker. It is simply a different path; it is not stupid.

Crazylegs

Postby Crazylegs » 17 July 2013, 19:32

Maybe it is not stupid, but if you are sending skinks into the backfield to blitz, you are going after the ball, right? So is MB the best double skill there, if you already have block? Would tackle/stripball/dauntless be better for that purpose? Or surehands to get the ball once it is knocked loose? I think that is what JimmyFantastic was trying to get at.

whater

Postby whater » 17 July 2013, 23:02

Why not take Tackle rather then MB? More chances to actually get the person down, to then get the ball. And of course with a blitzing Skink Jump Up is a good skill.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 18 July 2013, 18:25

What's your lizardman starting build? The two most popular seem to be:

6 Saurus, 5 Skinks, 3 RR
6 Saurus, 1 Krox, 4 Skinks, 2 RR

There was some discussion of these right at the beginning of this thread but no real consensus. If you like the first one, how do you bash and protect the skinks? If you like the second one, how do you deal with lack of rerolls on a team with no blocking or ball-handling skills?

And please, don't just reply with something like, "that build is stupid". WHY is it stupid? And why is the other one better?

whater

Postby whater » 18 July 2013, 22:38

I want the Kroxx on my team as soon as possible. As he is very very slow to skill up. So the more games with him the better. Also it add's to the STR advantage that Lizardmen have over other teams. Lowers the chances that a MVP go to a skink (when you want them to go to the Saurus or Kroxx).
Also at the start I want a low TV, so I only like having 2 RR, till I have a decent amount of Block on my Saurus.

Lack of ball handling skills. Yes this is a problem, but don't waste a re-roll on picking up the ball immediately. So say your receiving the ball to start the game. Golden rule Move your guys before any dice rolls. I start with 1-2 of my skinks, I move them into position around the ball to protect it a bit (doesn't mean they are 1 square away from the ball, it could mean they are 5 squares away from it, but they are providing a screen of tackle zones infront of it, to slow down my opponent, and maybe if I pickup the ball successfully, they are the initial cage). There is no need to have a skink on the left side of the pitch, if the ball was kicked to the right side, move him over. Then I maybe move 1-2 Saurus. Then I do my Blocks/Blitz. Then I try to pickup the ball (or maybe Kroxx block). If I fail on the pickup on turn 1, I don't use a reroll. Lizardmen are fast they can 2-3 turn score with ease. If you don't pick it up on the first 2 turns it's fine, you still have enough time to score. And your opponent isn't left with much time to score.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 19 July 2013, 17:40

You can get diced out of games but it's very rare and you need all the strong boys.

whater

Postby whater » 08 August 2013, 16:08

So i'm about 1320TV. Have 4 Saurus with Block already. My 5th one has 5 SPP.
I just leveled up my 6th Saurus, and got doubles:
Dodge or Block or Wrestle?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 08 August 2013, 16:28

Block. Dodge will be useless until he has BT, and you'll probably want to go through Block first, meaning another 25SPP. Without Block he's unlikely to be actually blocking given the number of far safer options you have, and he's very unlikely to score, meaning that you will stunt his growth enormously.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”