Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
ghmongo

Re: Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby ghmongo » 02 November 2011, 04:25

There are too many things Lizards need on Skinks to consider Leader. Kick and Sure Hands, for example. Sure hands, especially, since Skinks can't improve their ball handling ability without Doubles.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 03 November 2011, 10:39

Guys, got this lizzie team in a private league, 6 games under their belts. Have to share this as I've never had such skill up rolling luck! All they roll is doubles and stats! First skink gets +mv, then the kroxigor gets block, next a skinks gets block. To top it off last night the block skink rolls double 6, so now I got a faster Av7 stunty human blitzer. Yay.

I know you're gonna say its massive bloat, but I just couldn't resist it. Wish I'd taken sure hands though as they're awful at ball handling. Still, I can just take that on the next double! :P

looshkin

Postby looshkin » 03 November 2011, 12:51

i hope you get promoted and i dont. i will be taking that team to pieces at the first opportunity!

mikeyboyj1980

Postby mikeyboyj1980 » 05 November 2011, 23:17

Hi guys - have read the thread which has been useful. Just (finally) lvled up saurus number 1 and got a bloody double. Was going to just get block for all of them to start with but is there any value in peoples opinion of getting leader, diving tackle or jump up(then pile on later)?

I'm leaning towards just taking block

ty

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 05 November 2011, 23:32

Block is too critical for you to ignore it for the first level-up.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 06 November 2011, 00:30

Hi guys - have read the thread which has been useful. Just (finally) lvled up saurus number 1 and got a bloody double. Was going to just get block for all of them to start with but is there any value in peoples opinion of getting leader, diving tackle or jump up(then pile on later)?

I'm leaning towards just taking block

ty
Pick Dodge, I have 2 dodge Sauri and I never regretted this skill on them.
Leader is not a good choice as first skill.
Jump Up pretty sucks with AG 1.
Diving Tackle is nice but Dodge is better, in my opinion (increases survivability, especially at low TV).
You could pick Block afterwards, then Break Tackle, which works well with Dodge.

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 06 November 2011, 06:18

You could pick Block afterwards, then Break Tackle, which works well with Dodge.
Getting to 6 SPP without Block is much, much easier than getting to 16 SPP without Block. Block makes them more effective at doing their job.

I'll also disagree with Break Tackle as a second skill. Sauri need to be able to do things aside from just moving around. Break Tackle is a mobility skill that doesn't add to their function, and making a 2D block is always safer than making a dodge.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 06 November 2011, 09:20

I politely disagree that break tackle doesn't add to the function of a saurus. Admitedly one saurus with bt is not particularly great, but get it on most if not all and it fundamentally changes the nature of the team. The opponent can no longer tie them up with fodder, and offensive and defensive screens can be set up with ease. the skinks become easier to protect. Stalling becomes much easier. How many teams can get through a mobile strength 4 screen with ease?

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 06 November 2011, 13:35

Getting to 6 SPP without Block is much, much easier than getting to 16 SPP without Block. Block makes them more effective at doing their job.

I'll also disagree with Break Tackle as a second skill. Sauri need to be able to do things aside from just moving around. Break Tackle is a mobility skill that doesn't add to their function, and making a 2D block is always safer than making a dodge.
I didn't say to pick Break Tackle as second skill, but as third one, this is the progression: Dodge>Block>Break Tackle (because it has synergy with Dodge).
It's always safer to block with 2 dice, I agree, but sometimes just the menace of being blitzed by a ST 4 Saurus can make your opponent change his mind, sometimes you don't want to block a fodder lineman, when you are better off blitzing a more important player, or the ball carrier himself.
Anyway, I agree with you about picking Block asap, but, since Dodge needs a double, I would pick it, then I would pick Block.
A ST 4 Blodger is annoying.
Last edited by MattDakka on 12 November 2011, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 06 November 2011, 16:02

Again, SPP are so difficult for Sauri to get and Block is so important that the only thing I'd ever consider giving a Saurus over Block for a first skill is Wrestle (if the team doesn't already have one) and +ST. Dodge gives you a minimal short-term gain whereas Block makes him much more effective both on offense and on defense.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”