Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Tigga

Re: Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby Tigga » 10 November 2011, 13:57

For me doubles on a saurus are pretty much pointless. There are so many general and strength skills that you want:

Block/Tackle/Break Tackle/Guard/Grab/Stand Firm/Mighty Blow

Using dodge for actually dodging is fairly rare as break tackle tends to be 2+ anyway, which means that you're mostly going to be using it to prevent yourself going down in blocks. I personally think that over the longer game all three of guard, stand firm and mighty blow are better at doing this as you'll be receiving fewer blocks which could potentially take you down.

MisterSurreal

Postby MisterSurreal » 11 November 2011, 06:36

Doubles can be pretty fun. I had a +Str, Block, MB, PO saurus that rolled a doubles. So I gave him Jump up. Synergizes well with PO. If I can get him to 7, he's getting Break Tackle finally. PO doesn't slow him down at all the next turn. Good stuff.

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 11 November 2011, 19:01

For me doubles on a saurus are pretty much pointless. There are so many general and strength skills that you want:

Using dodge for actually dodging is fairly rare as break tackle tends to be 2+ anyway, which means that you're mostly going to be using it to prevent yourself going down in blocks. I personally think that over the longer game all three of guard, stand firm and mighty blow are better at doing this as you'll be receiving fewer blocks which could potentially take you down.
How do Stand Firm and MB help you stay upright? If you're being blitzed, MB does nothing unless the attacker fails the roll, and Stand Firm doesn't prevent knockdowns. Dodge is the only skill in the game aside from Block that keeps you from being knocked down on certain dice roll outcomes. The chances of being knocked down on a 2D roll when the defender has Blodge (and the attacker lacks Tackle) is 11 in 36 - less than 30%.

I'd say Dodge is the second most valuable skill a Saurus can take next to Block. It really is that good.

Other good skills to give a Saurus on a double are Diving Tackle and Side Step. (Strangely enough, those are the two skills most Lizard coaches end up giving Skinks before they retire.)

NHM

Postby NHM » 11 November 2011, 22:28

How do Stand Firm and MB help you stay upright? If you're being blitzed, MB does nothing unless the attacker fails the roll, and Stand Firm doesn't prevent knockdowns. Dodge is the only skill in the game aside from Block that keeps you from being knocked down on certain dice roll outcomes. The chances of being knocked down on a 2D roll when the defender has Blodge (and the attacker lacks Tackle) is 11 in 36 - less than 30%.

I'd say Dodge is the second most valuable skill a Saurus can take next to Block. It really is that good.

Other good skills to give a Saurus on a double are Diving Tackle and Side Step. (Strangely enough, those are the two skills most Lizard coaches end up giving Skinks before they retire.)

i assume tigga means over the game, if you block his sf, mb, guard lizard and get 2 push backs, you have just lost the ascendency as you are stuck in a tz and will be put on your back next turn. dodge protects you from blocks, standfirm increases your blocking potential.

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 12 November 2011, 04:17

i assume tigga means over the game, if you block his sf, mb, guard lizard and get 2 push backs, you have just lost the ascendency as you are stuck in a tz and will be put on your back next turn. dodge protects you from blocks, standfirm increases your blocking potential.
If you block that Saurus and get a "d-stumble", that Saurus runs the risk of his armor breaking and then getting killed. A Saurus on his feet is a Saurus who is better at doing his job.

LazyDog

Postby LazyDog » 13 November 2011, 01:39

Depends on the situation. In MM, take Block I guess. In a private league it's getting tricky. If you lose the season anyway, take Dodge and prepare for the next season. If you have a chance to win the cup, take Block over Dodge. Also, it is your first Saurus to level up. If there are 3 or more other Sauri with 4+ SPPs, then I would take Dodge. Otherwise, of course, Block. Only one or two of your Sauri will get a double, so it's hard to ignore them.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 19 November 2011, 13:22

I'm Playing a SP Competition, and got a Skink levelled to Lvl 3 (he's got Catch)

I'm thinking Sneaky Git, and then Dirty Player...
Do they work well together??

Rex

LloydsGamble

Postby LloydsGamble » 19 November 2011, 15:32

I'm Playing a SP Competition, and got a Skink levelled to Lvl 3 (he's got Catch)

I'm thinking Sneaky Git, and then Dirty Player...
Do they work well together??

Rex
They work well together yeah, but I personally would build my sneaky git/dirty player on a fresh skink. Since you also need doubles for DP, your best bet would be to wait till a fresh skink rolled that and then you could go dirty player > sneaky git.

Of course there will probably be other skills you'll want on doubles instead, namely Sure Hands and Kick.

Obi Wann

Postby Obi Wann » 05 January 2012, 03:57

Hey all

I'm having problems playing against Undead teams. Most other teams I manage really well, remaining competitive throughout. I find the Undead however really difficult. I am only playing with a new team though, all my Saurii are just into level 2 with one level 3 killer saurus.

The problem I find against Undead is I can not prevent the Ghouls from entering my back field on thier first turn. If I leave 2 saurii at the rear i can not even get clost to breaking their cage due to the mummys. Should i just ignore the two ghuols that run around in my back field and just focus on the ball, stalling them until I arrange for an opportunity to gain the ball? I have lost a couple of times due to attacking the cage, managing to put a lot of pressure on the Undead manager. However another Ghoul just slips through my lines with the ball, hands it off to the other one i left ignoring in my back field and scoring a TD.

My only victory over the Undead was due to being lucky on the injury rolls for the Undead ghouls. I managed to have 3 out of 4 ghouls on the sidelines for the majority of the second half, allowing me to score a TD, then steal possession and sneak in for a 2-1 win.

Obi Wann

Postby Obi Wann » 05 January 2012, 04:00

Just for you info as well, I only play in a private league. its not online, just a through LAN. We each manage 2 teams, however the lizards are my favourite as we dcided to pick one team and randomly draw the other, giving me the boring allrounder Humans.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”