Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
LloydsGamble

Re: Lizardman Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby LloydsGamble » 22 April 2013, 09:44

Would this be the right place to discuss strategy *against* Lizards?

Just curious what people think is the best way to deal with them. I played a match vs them recently as Norse and well, it was a struggle :lol:

They matched or exceeded my speed, had the STR advantage and the armour advantage (for the most part). I guess Elves can handle them alright and Orcs/Chaos can hold their own, but it seems there's quite a few teams who find them a real tough match up. Norse, Humans, Dwarves for sure.

So just how do you contain Lizards on defense and get past them on offense?

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 22 April 2013, 12:53

LloydsGamble wrote:So just how do you contain Lizards on defense

Tackle, Tackle and more Tackle.... ;) Crowdsurf the Little buggers, and use some fodder to mark up the big ones..

LloydsGamble wrote: and get past them on offense?

SH on the ballhandler, and hit anything that moves against you... :lol:

No seriously, I actually don't know how to deal with them, because I've only met Lizzies, when playing the AI

whater

Postby whater » 23 April 2013, 06:26

When you are facing Lizards, realize that the Saurus can't easily disengage (without Break Tackle). So sometimes it's better to have some guys (2-3) not touching them, just providing tackle zones instead. As they might 2D block you instead. Then they have to use Blitz (which is why you 2 man screen, and their MA is only average).

I've found I sometimes lose 1-2 as lizards. If I receive the ball first, and score on turn 3 (scoring too fast). Then I let up a score on turn 8. Then my opponent gets the ball and grinds out a score. By then I lose a Saurus or 2, which really hurts them.

What out for Blitz kickoff result. This deadly against Lizards, a Saurus can open a hole, then you have 3 skinks surrounding the ball all the sudden. I've won many matches due to it.

InspectorRumpole

Postby InspectorRumpole » 23 May 2013, 10:12

Quick question.

For my league team i already got a great ball-carrier Skink with Block, +AG, Side-Step and Sprint, but now i rolled +AG on another Skink.
He already has Side-Step and Diving Tackle.
Would you pick +AG and have him as a backup ball-carrier/offensive threat?
TV is already around 2050 :?

A-r-c-h-o-n

Postby A-r-c-h-o-n » 23 May 2013, 11:06

Yes! Since he can only choose from agility-skills, +AG is a great level up. Also you main ball carrier MAY die sometime... ;)

whater

Postby whater » 28 May 2013, 18:29

I'd most likely take the AGIL. I'm assuming that all your Saurus already have block.

The 2nd +AGIL would actually open up a passing game for you. Or at least make the threat of one.

Also the +AGIL gives you a sorta poor man's sure hands. At least you have something to assist on your pick up attempts.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 28 May 2013, 18:32

InspectorRumpole wrote:Quick question.

For my league team i already got a great ball-carrier Skink with Block, +AG, Side-Step and Sprint, but now i rolled +AG on another Skink.
He already has Side-Step and Diving Tackle.
Would you pick +AG and have him as a backup ball-carrier/offensive threat?
TV is already around 2050 :?

I would pick + AG.

khelvan

Postby khelvan » 06 July 2013, 20:49

If you ever pass up +AGI on a Skink (who doesn't already have +AGI), Nuffle will ensure he dies a horrible death.

Crazylegs

Postby Crazylegs » 08 July 2013, 15:37

+Ag on a skink is awesome for both offense and defense. Definitely take it. That Ag4 skink can dodge anywhere on a 2+. I have two Ag4 skinks and basically send them both after the ball carrier when I kick off. I use my saurus to tie up everyone, and use the other two skinks to get back near the ball carrier as well, and if they have not left several guys in the back to support the ball carrier, I usually score. Against bashers especially, if they do not adjust their normal strategy and leave guys at the back to protect, they are in deep trouble. The Ag4 skinks can just run straight through their defensive line.

kabooki

Postby kabooki » 09 July 2013, 19:04

Just a random question for a team I play against the computer. I have an all skink team plus a kroxigor and was wondering if anyone considered might blow on a doubles for a skink. I had a block/mighty blow skink for quite a while and it was wonderfully useful. With Lizards, it is easy to get assists right when you need them and this little guy became my little blitzer. On a normal lizardmen team, I feel it is nice to build a mobile blitzer skink as many times I feel the Saurus are tied up. Any thoughts, ideas or comments on this type of skink. Getting block and Mighty blow is unusual, but even on the first doubles, after you have a ball handler, mighty blow should be an option to consider.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”