Blood bowl beginners tips and orc guide help

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Blood bowl demonz

Blood bowl beginners tips and orc guide help

Postby Blood bowl demonz » 09 August 2014, 04:32

I'm new to blood bowl, I got the game a few days ago when it was released on the ipad. I did some instant research and immediately I fell in love with semi bashy teams such as the chaos dwarves and orcs. Since I play on ipad there is only chaos, wood elves, dwarves, skaven, humans and orcs. The dwarves are way too slow for me but I think the orcs are perfect, they are my favorite, maybe even more than the chaos dwarves. So does anyone have any tips for me? Not the beginner cage, assist, tips etc but something more advanced? Also what builds are current orc teams using (blitzers get mighty blow then guard) etc.

Blood bowl demonz

Re: Blood bowl beginners tips and orc guide help

Postby Blood bowl demonz » 09 August 2014, 04:35

http://clawpomb.blogspot.com/2013/05/bl ... guide.html is this viable or should I stick with the forum links.

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 09 August 2014, 11:45

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 09 August 2014, 14:26

Blood bowl demonz wrote:I did some instant research and immediately I fell in love with semi bashy teams such as the chaos dwarves and orcs.

Actually, both Chaos Dwarfs and Orcs are pure bashy teams, not semi-bashy teams.

Gralumka

Postby Gralumka » 24 April 2015, 07:25

I don't agree. I like orc because you can build them as a semi-bashing team if you want to.

Goblin can be quite good receveir. With stunty and dodge, they dodge as well as elves. And once they gain access to catch, they are as good receveir than any other, better than many.
Thrower are somewhat slow, but again, once they gain accurate, they are as good as any other.
And if you want to play the ball, thrower and receiver progress quickly. Only the 2-3 first match can be a little difficult.
Nerves of steel is a good skill, because your orc are often in contact with the defense.

My strategy : The thrower progress slowly inside a cage. In the same time, 1-2 goblin and 1-2 blitzer try to be far ahead near the touchdown line. 4 black orc and 2 blitzer are more than enough with most races to make the cage progress. When the goblin are in good position, I use the blitzer to clear the way for the pass (if possible nobody near the goblin) and the thrower make the pass. The goblin make the final run, dodging if necessary. But with minus and dodge, it's not a problem.

It's not the only way to play orc, but I find it funny.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 24 April 2015, 07:30

Well you can build skaven as a bashing team, but that does not make them a bashy race. Mostly AV9 with 9 players with S access makes Orcs a bash race regardless of how you decide to build your team. That you choose to play and build them otherwise does not make the race less bashy, it simply means you are not playing to the race's strengths. Nothing wrong with that, but the race itself is still bashy regardless of what you choose to do with an individual team.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”