A slightly op skaven team

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
StarofDavid

A slightly op skaven team

Postby StarofDavid » 28 December 2014, 19:21

So I just finished my 7th legend on a Skaven team and last match I somehow scored 16 touchdowns... yes I scored 1 touchdown a turn. This team went from one of the worst teams I've played to one of the most ridiculous teams I've ever played. The team currently consists of one Rat ogre (legend), two blitzers (also legends), two glit runners (also legends), 1 thrower (also a legend), and 10 linebackers (one of which is a legend and several at Mega-star status).

Rat Ogre- +2 Strength, tentacles, claw, block, stand firm

This guy can break any cage with his inherent frenzy and with claw/mighty blow he is pretty much knocking or injuring a player a turn. He is also a black-hole for elf, goblin, halfling, and any other dodge and/or agility 4 players. By the end of the game this guy has probably killed/injured half or more of the enemy team

Blitzer 1- +1 Strength, Claw, Mighty blow, tackle, guard, + 1 AV

This guy stands on the front line with my Rat ogre and basically provides support, usually in the form of knocked down characters trying to dodge through the rat ogre

Blitzer 2- Claw, Might blow, tackle guard, +1 AV, Disturbing presence

Same as above plus a small zone to make passing/catching even harder.

Thrower- +2 Agility, Nerves of steel, Accurate, Safe throw, strong arm

Where ever this guy throws the ball it's going there

Glit runner (interceptor)- two-heads, extra arms, very long legs, sure feet, +1 agility, pass block

This guy basically rolled doubles every time he leveled which was awesome. basically he's my back up runner if my other one is down and he intercepts any ball thrown his way.

Glit runner (touchdown machine)- +1 movement allowance, sure feet, sprint, two-heads, catch, pro

This guy can usually dodge through the entire enemy team. Also the small fact that he can reach the end zone from the scrimmage line. Combined with my thrower this guy auto score a touch down if my thrower ever gets the ball.

Legendary Linebacker- +1 Agility, two-heads, big-hand, Foul appearance, dodge, block

Once my Rate ogre of blitzers tackle the ball carrier this guy usually picks it up and runs it to my thrower if not scoring himself

The rest of the team has some combinations of block, tackle Disturbing presence, +1 Str, +1 Agility, guard, dodge, strip ball and several other skills. These guys basically make a zone of no catching or passing, provide a strong front line, or provide back up blitzers for dodging into cages and taking down a ball carrier so my legendary players can do their thing. I also have one linebacker with kick who puts the ball where I want it... usually.

The team is pretty brutal on other passing game/dodge reliant teams and basically completely shuts them down. I have a lot harder time with bashing teams but between some of my linebackers, blitzers and rat ogres I can run pretty solid wall for my runners and throwers to do their things.
Also my glit runner interceptor has killed 48 people in his career ( i use him along with the other glit runner to tackle people near the end zone if I kick the ball there and for some this guy kills almost everyone he tackles... with his 2 strength).

I have 2 people on this team with multiple stat bonuses to the same stat and 6 other who rolled an additional strength or agility. Many of my level ups were also doubles. I'd call myself lucky if I didn't know about a friends Elf team whose entire roster rolled double sixes on their first level up giving him a full team of str4 agility 4 elves.

MattDakka

Re: A slightly op skaven team

Postby MattDakka » 29 December 2014, 13:39

Let me guess, you play vs AI?
:D

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 29 December 2014, 14:48

Considering Matt is correct (and I strongly believe he is), one doesn't need to be lucky to get any stat-up on any number of players - you can just use the Team Editor and give the players whichever level-ups you prefer.

That's what your "lucky" friend had likely done to his Elves - something makes me seriously doubt the possibility of 11 double 6s as the very first level-up for all the team, altough not entirely improbable, of course...

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 29 December 2014, 14:58

Not impossible... Just very, very improbable...

BTW. The answer is 42... ;)

StarofDavid

Postby StarofDavid » 29 December 2014, 16:25

I play against AI and in a league. My Skaven team is in a league. My friends elf team is in our League though. We play in the same room and I've seen him level up his characters. Half the stuff I do with them I would never attempt in a multi-player match without those stats.We play pretty often in my League so people tend to get pretty high level teams. The bane of my life right now is bashing dwarf team that has guard, several +1 strengths, and some other nice level up roles like +1 MV. I play a similar Skaven team in single player but no where near as crazy.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 29 December 2014, 18:53

In a competitive league you would never manage to build such monster team.

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 29 December 2014, 18:57

MattDakka wrote:In a competitive league you would never manage to build such monster team.

That's fightin' talk.
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 29 December 2014, 19:44

StarofDavid wrote: My Skaven team is in a league. My friends elf team is in our League though.

We play in the same room and I've seen him level up his characters. Half the stuff I do with them I would never attempt in a multi-player match without those stats. We play pretty often in my League so people tend to get pretty high level teams.

Nice try, for you don't even have a Skaven team at the moment.

You've played the whole 2 matches against the same coach online, so at least we can think that he's that friend you referred to (and not an imaginary friend of yours that you play your imaginary OP skaven team with in an imaginary league) - but alas, he doesn't have that fabulous Elven team as well, in fact none of you have a team higher than 1000 TV,

But good luck with those Skaven, I bet you'll easily win the Fantasy Bowl with them. :lol:

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 14 January 2015, 09:51

Guy makes up fantasy team - it isn't even good....

whater

Postby whater » 23 May 2015, 18:45

MattDakka wrote:In a competitive league you would never manage to build such monster team.

Here is a Non-AI team. It's pretty good. The team is fast & strong. And my two +STR/Break Tackle/Frenzy guys end up surfing guys.

http://i.imgur.com/JeF4g.jpg

Return to “Roster & Strategies”