Goblin Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
GaryW

Re: Goblin Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby GaryW » 01 July 2013, 17:25

A strength 8 Fanatic I think would be funny to have the pitch :D , but dodge or sure feet would be the optimal choices.

I haven't picked yet, want to hold out for few more views, but as this team is in FOL I think dodge may be more beneficial for his survival. I have had a few players try to take him out even with block, most try to run away :lol:

This has worked a few times, with dodge he can only be taken out on a defender down or someone with tackle.

Sure feet would be good to get extra hits in relatively safely. I think this skill would be the next double if and when he gets to make another roll

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 01 July 2013, 19:25

Sure Feet, but it doesn't really matter because he's going to wrap a chain around his neck for your next game. Condolences in advance!

GaryW

Postby GaryW » 01 July 2013, 19:53

Probably :D

Might as well go for the strength for the fun :)

Nodi

Postby Nodi » 01 July 2013, 21:24

I'd go the +1 ST, 3 dice against a ST4 with only 1 assist can be effective ^^
The +1ST is better if you play the fanatic in attack. In defence i'd go sure feet probably, or sprint.

GaryW

Postby GaryW » 03 July 2013, 23:56

Double sixes again but this time it on +ag Goblin (only skill)

I want to build him as my scoring threat, but now not sure what to take, +st or Block. Another idea Sure hands but is that worth it on +ag gob.

Any ideas?

The Fanatic took dodge, helped him escape a few blocks :)

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 04 July 2013, 05:16

BLOCK!!!

Itchen Masack

Postby Itchen Masack » 04 July 2013, 07:37

I would definitely give this AG 4 goblin +STR hoping to get another double next skill roll for block, which wont be long as he'll be doing all your scoring. With a friend along he he can also give you a pretty easy shot at a 2d block on the ball, especially if your Fanatic (with wasted dodge skill :p) makes a hole in the opposing team.

And then enjoy your super goblin as much as possible until he dies, or more likely, gets a Smashed Collar Bone.

Itchen Masack

Postby Itchen Masack » 04 July 2013, 07:42

ps i say wasted dodge skill cause if you opponent knows the game and wants to take the Fanatic down, they will take him down. Probably with wrestle.

Nodi

Postby Nodi » 04 July 2013, 09:08

Like Itchen Masack i'd go +st.
ST2 is too easy to block 3 dice, even with block it's an easy target.
Sure hands no, every wrackle player in front of you will easily fall the ball.

+ it's a blessed player, you should accomplish the will of THE God ! :twisted:

GaryW

Postby GaryW » 04 July 2013, 17:48

Cheers for the replies :)

I will go for +ST on this one, but you know Nuffle has planned to kill him in the next game :lol:

I disagree that dodge is a wasted skill, it has saved him a few times already, I took it to make him a pig to get off the pitch. It is playing the percentages, but I have now reduce that down to a straight defender down, or player using the tackle/wrestle skill. Players already target the fanatic without any skills and is pretty easy to take out if you leave him exposed. Although you do need to protect him some what, to prevent him being ganged up upon, it sometimes happens, as you may need to tie up players/moves in a wrong direction. Another tactic I have seen, is players marking him with a wrestle player hoping for both downs or being dumb enough to pick that die :D

40 SSP's and counting, here's hoping he makes it to the next level 8-)

Return to “Roster & Strategies”