Goblin Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
HC-Vanselow

Re: Goblin Tactics, Strategies and Builds

Postby HC-Vanselow » 26 April 2013, 18:45

:) "Springs" Verminstink is still wearing the career rushing-bouncing yards crown with 1338 yards coupled with 18 touchdowns for the Killwhackee Schmucks...TBC

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 29 April 2013, 16:07

:lol: The sheer awesomeness of "Springs" Verminstink can't be contained !!! His career of 41 games has produced 1396 yards of bouncing and 19 touchdowns. My question is this: My Goblin is currently at 85 SPP and his next level to hit is 176 SPP, what will his rank be as he is now a Superstar...is it "Legend" ??? I appreciate any answers on this question of mine.

GaryW

Postby GaryW » 29 April 2013, 17:00

:lol: The sheer awesomeness of "Springs" Verminstink can't be contained !!! His career of 41 games has produced 1396 yards of bouncing and 19 touchdowns. My question is this: My Goblin is currently at 85 SPP and his next level to hit is 176 SPP, what will his rank be as he is now a Superstar...is it "Legend" ??? I appreciate any answers on this question of mine.
Cool pogoer :) I believe it is legendary after superstar. What skills you give him and what league is he in?

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 29 April 2013, 18:51

:D "Springs" has gotten Block, Sidestep, AG +1, MV +1, Sure Feet and he bounces around in the Auld World MM League.

Nodi

Postby Nodi » 29 April 2013, 18:56

Go on Springs ! :D

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 30 April 2013, 20:33

:mrgreen: I'm praying that the next step for "Springs" Verminstink is getting to the rank of "Legendary". The Killwhackee Schmucks normally reserve the team apothecary solely for him. If a Troll dies, so be it (Just for the record, Karnij Ironclaw has 81 games under his belt and Zandali Shatterspear is sitting on 40 something games at the moment. However that Goblin that has that crazy spring is King in terms of popularity and status.

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 03 May 2013, 11:45

:mrgreen: "Springs" Verminstink finally eclipsed the century mark for yards rushed-bounced in a game with 102 against a Khorne Daemons squad coupled with 2 Touchdowns. That was followed with an 86 yard effort with a TD against a tough Dark Elf team..."Springs" is now sitting on 94 SPP and easily the closest of my players to reaching "Legendary" status.

Gitsy

Postby Gitsy » 06 May 2013, 17:49

Just to throw something fresh into this thread. What LOS do you gobbo coaches prefer to use and in which matchups? I find that, while the most common LOS of use is the two trolls and Goblins, I am beginning to find, inversely, 1 troll and two gobbos or three Gobbo LOS tends to work significantly better, that way I have two trolls ready to "intercept" or at least ready themselves for the opposition advance rather than be pushed.

I find the only times where a duo troll LOS is required is during the early team values, particularly vs Zons and agility teams like the Elves. What are your thoughts?

Nodi

Postby Nodi » 06 May 2013, 19:36

It clearly depends on your roster and what skill your trolls allready have. With break-tackle on the trolls you can move back if necessary, for example.
For the moment, i use the "classic" 2 trolls on LOS except when i got Ripper (Ripper on the 2nd line). But FYI, i got 3 weapons in my roster.... and sometimes more with inducements ^^
Also against bash teams or "tackle" teams, and with some inducements, it's 2 trolls and Fungus the loon (ball & chain). With MV 4, he can stick to the ball handler, sometimes :P

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 06 May 2013, 19:53

On offense it's always two trolls, and a Ball and Chain if he hasn't been kicked out yet.

On defense I've almost always done the same, two trolls with a sidestepping gobbo between them. Never really considered doing it differently, except for rare occasions when a troll set up one square back, with a goblin in reach, hoping for a miraculous throw-teammate based Blitz result. Which never worked anyway.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”