Learning about Trimming

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Mizzles

Learning about Trimming

Postby Mizzles » 23 March 2016, 08:42

I have a lizardman team that I play against the AI with in a relatively long tournament setup. Absolutely dominating computer controlled teams has resulted in my lizardmen becoming incredibly bloated, but powerful and I am not really sure what I should cut.

I am sitting just above 1900 TV at the moment while most of my opponents are in the 1200-1400 range.

The AI being what it is, I still haven't lost a game, but the inducements phase can be pretty brutal, so I was wondering what I could do to try and trim down my TV, to try and gain a better understanding of what I should do in a league with real people.

Without further preamble, here is my team:
4 Rerolls
11 Fan factor (none purchased)
1 Saurus with Block/Mighty Blow/Piling On
1 Saurus with Block/Dodge
1 Saurus with Block/Break Tackle
2 Sauri with Block
1 Rookie Saurus

1 Kroxigor with Block

1 Skink with Block/Sidestep/Agi +1
1 Skink with Block/Agi +1
1 Skink with Catch/Agi +1
1 Skink with Sure Feet/Str +1
1 Skink with Sneaky Git
1 Rookie Skink

Now as you can see, my skinks are pretty bloaty with 3 +1 Agi skinks, but Agi 4 stunties are so ridiculously good I am not sure I can justify cutting them despite the bloat. I also realise that it would likely be better if break tackle was on my blodgeasaur and that some guard would be nice, but here is where I am.

Who should I cut? The first two things that come to mind are my +1 Str skink (nice in theory, but with all the blockasauri, not really necessary) and the sneaky git skink (I wanted to try the skill, as everyone has ever told me, it is unimpressive).

Cutting and replacing with rookies would only save me 90 TV. Do I need to be harsher and cut them completely and run with a sleek 11 players, relying on my powerhouse sauri to keep my little skinks safe? Should I be cutting a reroll now that I have so much block? Some middle ground with 12 players and 3 rerolls? Am I missing something else important like the bloat on my killersaur?

My last two games I only ended up with two rerolls anyway due to halfling master chefs and I seemed to survive, although it potentially cost me a saurus touchdown where I needed two GFIs on the last turn. 1900 TV vs 1300 TV feels ridiculous. My last opponents, a human team, lost about 400 TV in their match against me, although their killer did manage to take down one of my sauri, hence the rookie.

So, thoughts? Advice?

Mizzles

Re: Learning about Trimming

Postby Mizzles » 23 March 2016, 10:19

Oh, I actually meant to post this in the Blood Bowl II forums, as that is what I am playing. I guess it doesn't really matter. There is no strategy section there, so does this post belong here after all?

Fischypants

Postby Fischypants » 23 March 2016, 20:34

I'm running into the same problem with my human team only difference is every member of my team has a role to play. I think you're right to cut the the sneaky git skink, and I think maybe you should get rid of one of the agility 4 skinks as well. Agility adds a lot to your TV and if you have three you don't need that many 2 to just to run around and fetch the ball while being super slippery should sufice. The others are backups or diversions.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 23 March 2016, 21:09

Shame the Catch skink got a +AG (I assume you posted them in the order they rolled) but I'd cut that one as well as the Sneaky Git.
Pick up one rookie and run with 12 players - with 6 Saurus and the Krox you can only field 4 Skinks anyway.
If neither rookie Skink rolls a double for their first skill drop them and replace with a new rookie.
Pick up a Apo.

If you really want to cut TV then you can (eventually) cut the two Block Saurus and replace and keep recycling them - ST4 is helpful on it's own but eventually you will feel the lack of Block.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 24 March 2016, 00:15

Shame the Catch skink got a +AG (I assume you posted them in the order they rolled) but I'd cut that one as well as the Sneaky Git.
Pick up one rookie and run with 12 players - with 6 Saurus and the Krox you can only field 4 Skinks anyway.
If neither rookie Skink rolls a double for their first skill drop them and replace with a new rookie.
Pick up a Apo.

If you really want to cut TV then you can (eventually) cut the two Block Saurus and replace and keep recycling them - ST4 is helpful on it's own but eventually you will feel the lack of Block.
Catch, while not great, isn't too terrible, especially if you turn him into an OTTD guy with sidestep, sure feet, sprint. I'd keep.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

Return to “Roster & Strategies”