How much Agility is to much?

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
Monstrum

Re: How much Agility is to much?

Postby Monstrum » 01 March 2012, 09:36

against even a semi developed team (ball carrier has surehands, atleast one of the cage corners will have guard), making the leap and going 2 dice against and getting pow/stumble in order to knock over the ball is 7.4%- 16.4% chance with a reroll.
assuming you use the agi6 player to only dodge/leap once (2+), pick up (2+) and dodge out once (2+) thats 4.3% success, 11.7% with a reroll to do it on the same turn.

unless you have a agi 5 str 4 dancer and another one with agi5 and guard i dont think its a very effective strategy, or atleast not one you're going to use more than once every few games, against (new) players who don't have a surehands carrier
DISCLAIMER: General advice based on my experience is always correct.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 01 March 2012, 10:42

it doesn't always have to be a leaping strip-ball play, "Ball is on the ground but hard to get to, in opposing tackle zones" is a reasonably common situation in Blood Bowl. That can be from a wizard, failed pickup, failed dodge, unlucky turnover before your opponent can attempt the pickup. Being able to capitalize on that can really be a game-changer, and if possible it's very worth it to develop a player who can get into tight situations like that, recover the ball, and get out.

Now, an AG6 'Dancer might be overkill for that task ... but an AG5 Skink is great for it.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 01 March 2012, 11:19

What was the point of that post Monstrum?
I am telling you that I get good value out of my AG6.
Now you are saying that I am a terrible player who -2ds all the time which never succeeds and I am lying?
I really don't get what you intended with that post.

whater

Postby whater » 02 March 2012, 16:19

6 is too much. Prob TV bloat. Nothing wrong with 5 AGIL

But I played against a 6AGIL GR with leap. The guy tried any kind of crazy move against me with him. Leaps in, picks up the ball, passes it away... ya.

Anglakhel

Postby Anglakhel » 07 March 2012, 05:56

I have a Runner with Wrestle, Dodge, and +1 Agility. He just rolled another possibility for +1 Agility so I have to decide if I should make him Agility 6.

I could see him using it for Pick Ups and to Dodge through heavy coverage. Would help him get past Defenders to make Blitzes as a Safety too, but is it overkill and should I just skip it for another Skill?

dode74

Postby dode74 » 07 March 2012, 06:33

On a runner it would negate the TZ during a dump off from anyone blitzing him, and would make him a real deep scoring threat due to his ability to run through TZs. That said, I'd probably take leap as that would make him a useful blitzer as well.

Colonel Panic

Postby Colonel Panic » 07 March 2012, 08:42

Actually, both an AG5 and an AG6 runner fumble a dumpoff in a single TZ on a 1-2 and complete the pass on a 3-6. AG6 still helps when dodging through TZs and picking up the ball in TZs, and in theory interceptions if anyone's dumb enough to pass over an AG6 player. But I endorse Dode's suggestion of getting Leap, 2+ leaps kick ass. Sure Hands would also be great.

If you want him to dump off better, Pass or Nerves of Steel are good choices.

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 07 March 2012, 08:57

It's probably just perception, but I had an AG6 dancer in the OCC for a while - and I would suggest she failed the same number of dodges and pick ups as everyone else (if not more, as she dodged more and snake eyes are much too common).

However she was great in a support roll (i.e. others would win the ball, she would retrieve it) and I wish she had been around long enough for passblock, but her greatest asset was distraction.

Opponents hated her based on what they perceived she could do, and by focusing on her they left other more useful players alone.

So practically AG6 was not massively useful, but tactically I would always take it on a dancer/gutter/skink in a private league.

MM is different and, frankly, poo.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 07 March 2012, 10:17

Absolutely right, Colonel. My oversight, and stupid of me given the number of times I've explained it to others :lol:

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 07 March 2012, 11:05

Actually, both an AG5 and an AG6 runner fumble a dumpoff in a single TZ on a 1-2 and complete the pass on a 3-6. .
Actually, both an AG5 and an AG6 runner fumble a dumpoff in a single TZ on a 1 and complete the pass on a 2-6. But you are right in that the modifiers mean that AG6 players are not better at passing than AG5 ones.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”