How much Agility is to much?

Your rosters, your strategies, advice, etc.
shrimpcowboy

How much Agility is to much?

Postby shrimpcowboy » 27 February 2012, 22:24

Two part question.

Generally speaking i like to play Agility teams and i will take the +1 agility to make them 5 agility is it at all worth it to take the +1 agility again if you roll it? It would help you dodging into tackle zones and picking the ball up with in a crowd but I don’t think it is that much to justify the cost which also includes the skill you do not get to pick up. Does anyone know the break down of this?

I have a skink with +1 Agility yes awesome. He levels and rolls +1 Agility again not a double so I take Agility with out thinking about it. The very next game he takes a niggling injury… as of now he has +2 agility and SS. With being stunty and niggling though has a high chance of being taken off the pitch after one hit. Is it worth it to try and keep him around? It should be noted this is in FOL not a private league.

Bucc

Re: How much Agility is to much?

Postby Bucc » 27 February 2012, 22:28

against computer; everything goes

in TV MM; AG above 5 is very, very rarely worth it. I would pass on the AG 6 99 in 100 times.

in a private league. Might be worth, but in most cases not. You will have a super dodger, but things have gone wrong if you really need it. Really depends on the league, the rest of your teambuild, etc.

in FOL (being a competitive TV MM). AG 5, no more imo.

Oh. Btw.
The Skink is a tough one. A + AG skink on lizards is a god send, but with them having stunty AG 5 is rather useless. He needs to pick up the ball, and dodge, nothing else. Of course he is now great at picking up the ball in TZs, but with a niggle on top. Not sure it is worth it mate. But then again. Lizards needs one excellent ballcarrying skink, and it is your job to make sure he does not get hit at all. I am really split on that one, tbh.

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 27 February 2012, 23:09

Generally speaking, I would keep Ag 4 and, in this particular case, considering he has got a niggling injury, I would fire him.
Stunty stacks with niggling injury, and makes him too fragile, a simple failed dodge could remove him from the pitch.

Managarn

Postby Managarn » 28 February 2012, 02:11

5 agility mean he pick up in 1 TZ on 2+

He dodge at 2+ everywhere, including prehensile tails and out of a diving tackle on 3+.

And he can throw the ball as if he had 4 agility. Which mean, catch on other skink has become worthwhile.

For lizzy it is extremely easy to protect 1 skink. Hell you can use your other skinks to protect him.

Id take it imo if only to pick up balls in TZs.

fiendishrabbit

Postby fiendishrabbit » 28 February 2012, 02:45

AG5 skinks are awful. We hates them.
Ok. We hates AG4 skinks as well (a lot), but AG5 even more. AG4 are impossible to stop from dodging through anything, but AG5 and MV8 means that if the ball is lose anywhere that thing will get it (and he doesn't even need leap to do it!)

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 28 February 2012, 03:26

:lol: You guys would absolutely despise the living Hell out of Brinkburn Clawson who is an AG 6 Gutter Runner for my Orinokoe Rambling Rats team.

fiendishrabbit

Postby fiendishrabbit » 28 February 2012, 03:59

:lol: You guys would absolutely despise the living Hell out of Brinkburn Clawson who is an AG 6 Gutter Runner for my Orinokoe Rambling Rats team.
Gutter runners ain't stunty and will never be stunty.
If he's the blodging side-stepping one-turn touchdowning type of gutterrunner. Sure, it would be one of my primary goals to kill him or at least break some very essential parts of his bone structure. But he's not as annoying as a high-AG stunty.

Bucc

Postby Bucc » 28 February 2012, 10:32

:lol: Love how all your post are depicting individual players and teams of yours Vanse. It is like some kind of abstract art.

selfy_74

Postby selfy_74 » 28 February 2012, 15:42

Tell us some more mate.

Let me know a few player types, then I'll make a thread so you can showcase a few more of your legends. :D

HC-Vanselow

Postby HC-Vanselow » 28 February 2012, 16:15

:lol: Yes, it artistically beautiful how the Orinokoe Rambling Rats Gutter Runners infuriate my Auld World Opponents, yet I write passionately about all my squads from the Khemrian crew to the 'Flings I have even though they're 3-4-20. I just love the game basically.

Return to “Roster & Strategies”