General advice for new players

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Lost_in_Tactics

Re: General advice for new players

Postby Lost_in_Tactics » 27 September 2015, 07:41

Help a Noob (me) with understanding some of the mechanics. Like...

Team Value (TV)

How does this affect a team with lower TV vs. Higher TV. Is it drastic? How will it help my team be competitive.

I understand it somewhat. What I managed to gather from the bloodsbowl blog (link below)

http://bloodsbowl.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... t.html?m=1

What I am interpretating is that the lower TV team gets X amount of cash for every X amount of higher TV the opposing team has.

Here are my confusions:

1) Is this a mechanic thats in place to help balance out teams with better more developed players vs. underdeveloped teams that don't have that many players with skills?

2) Initially, I thought TV was some sort of rank system so teams with same amount of TV would be paired up online in ranked matches. (I haven't played online yet) Basically, help filter online ranked matches and place similarly experienced players vs each other. Does this apply as well?

3) The blog I linked was a little to deep for me to understand it all. I'm still learning. I have no idea how fans, coaches inducements help. I understand apocotherapy (spelling) and reroll. Those are easy. But I fail to understand how me playing against a team with X amount TV higher than me and the extra cash it will net me, would help me outside of the rerolls & Apocotherapy inducements. How do the other inducements help. Can someone break this down in lamest terms.

If you use abbreviations, please put the meaning beside it - I'm still learning the lingo as well.

Thanks.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 27 September 2015, 08:16

1. Yes, but it doesn't completely even things out, nor is it intended to as an incentive to grow your team.
2. TV is used to matchmake, but it is not always possible to get a perfect match. We don't yet know how Cyanide's matching system works in detail though.
3. Fan Factor, coaches and cheerleaders help with the kickoff rolls. Inducements are best explained by reading the relevant section of the rulebook, which is linked in the opening post and at the top of the front page of the forum.

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 27 September 2015, 09:52

This might help explain the inducements in the rulebook: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/ ... cations/#1

Slightly different to BB2 at the moment though.
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

Lost_in_Tactics

Postby Lost_in_Tactics » 27 September 2015, 21:30

@sann0638 @dode74 - Thanks guys.

Dode your link with the BB rules doesn't open up on my iPhone safari browser for some reason. (I made a post in the first page of this thread alerting you to it not working)

Sann0638 your link works, I will definitely read up on there. Thanks.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 27 September 2015, 22:06

Odd - works for me in Chrome. Took a few seconds though, which is unusual.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 28 September 2015, 21:43

For new players, and new users of the forum, remember:

Cyanide (and Focus) are French, and are therefore on CET (or CEST?) and therefore expecting an answer or bumping a thread in the middle of their night is pointless - you won't get an answer any quicker, and your post will just get pushed down the page again.
If you must bump posts, do it during the French day, when there's a chance you might get a response from them.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

sann0638

Postby sann0638 » 28 September 2015, 22:18

The rules link is (I think) a 76 MB file. See here for all sorts of rules goodness: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

si1foo

Postby si1foo » 29 September 2015, 10:09

some good advice i have found dont play bretonians they are aweful

OmegaDestroyer

Postby OmegaDestroyer » 26 October 2015, 18:14

For new players, and new users of the forum, remember:

Cyanide (and Focus) are French, and are therefore on CET (or CEST?) and therefore expecting an answer or bumping a thread in the middle of their night is pointless - you won't get an answer any quicker, and your post will just get pushed down the page again.
If you must bump posts, do it during the French day, when there's a chance you might get a response from them.
Also, do not expect to get an answer. ;)

Oxxian

Postby Oxxian » 27 December 2015, 02:30

When there's nothing else left there is Nuffle she has lead me through darkness and into light.

Think your dwarves can't score and you should just throw blocks screw that push play a receiver into the end-zone and throw a long bomb to him someday it will work. Remember guys if your lucky enough to roll quad skulls your lucky enough to make a saurus pass play into a saurus hand off into 2 gfis for a td,

Return to “General”