Is Dauntless the perfect counter of Guard ?

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Blackjaton

Is Dauntless the perfect counter of Guard ?

Postby Blackjaton » 16 September 2015, 10:06

Hi,

I had several times the case where a dauntless player hit one heavily guarded player and punch him with one die block.

At first reading i thought that dauntless only equalize (if the roll succeed) the Strenght of the attacker and the defender, but it seems to equalize it including the surrounding guard.

For example : A st3 ball carrier with 2 guard players around him need a ST5 player to get 1 die against the ball carrier, or help from teammates for a ST3 attacker. In this case Dauntless would make a ST3 attacker ----> ST5 to get a one die block vs the ball carrier.

Am i right ?
Because if it's the case, dauntless would be the perfect anti-dwarves or heavy guard team that cause so much problems to not so bashy teams.

Can i have a confirmation from a veteran ? Because it changes everything :o

Obsidian

Re: Is Dauntless the perfect counter of Guard ?

Postby Obsidian » 16 September 2015, 10:40

Unfortunately, it's not the case.

Dauntless only make you reach the Strength of the aim, not the aim + its guard ;)

In your example, your player will not use dauntless as strength is the same. then it will 2 dices against (ST3 agains ST3+2)

Blackjaton

Postby Blackjaton » 16 September 2015, 12:48

Ahhhhh that's a shame !! :|

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 16 September 2015, 13:28

Guard's only natural counter is spreading out so that Guard becomes redundant. If you're having trouble against Dorf, don't let them get clumped together in a scrum. Force them to spread out and commit multiple players to each block.

Blackjaton

Postby Blackjaton » 16 September 2015, 13:50

Problems with dwarves is that sooner or later, when you don't have agi 4 or fend to get ride of them, they are like glue on your team, you can't block anyone, it's 2D against everywhere, they hit you, injure you, they rape your players as soon as they get up, they are my nightmare :lol:

Return to “General”