Lizardmen

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
padds01

Lizardmen

Postby padds01 » 27 September 2015, 23:26

Now i know games workshop has only ever had a very passing interest in balance in any of its games but perhaps we need to address the lizard in the game (every single damn game) is there just the smallest possibility they might be out of control? ill admit ive only played 10 Multiplayer league games (the rest are against comp) but 90% of my games have been against lizards , had one chaos team, just be nice to see some other teams getting played

Skaramush

Re: Lizardmen

Postby Skaramush » 27 September 2015, 23:44

There are more Lizardmen and Wood elves now since they werent available in beta , and lizardmen really struggle vs claw and tackle post 1300 points.

SYKOJAK

Postby SYKOJAK » 27 September 2015, 23:51

As each and every new team is released for play, you will see a flood of new teams of the race just realeased. It is only natural.
The ultimate sin of Nuffle is for a head coach to conceed a match. Nuffle will curse your block dice with skulls and number dice with ones if he does not get his full 16 turns of dues.

padds01

Postby padds01 » 27 September 2015, 23:58

so theres a lot of wood elf teams out there to? ;)

The Disciple of Ky

Postby The Disciple of Ky » 27 September 2015, 23:59

Lizardmen are very overpresent right now, I agree. While that's probably because some people have just been handed the DLC codes though, they're definitely in top tier somewhere strength-wise - along with several other teams.

They're very annoying to face but not really overpowered, there are other teams of the same strength. I do admit though that I hate encountering them with my Skaven - that's probably one of the worst matchups the rats have, if not the worst. Can't outbash them for obvious reasons, targetting Skinks doesn't really work because you have the same AV on almost everything anyway, can't really outrun them either - superior agility GR have and Storm Vermin's block are the only good things in this match up.

Wood Elves aren't really released yet AFAIK so it's not comparable.

Skaramush

Postby Skaramush » 28 September 2015, 00:02

Also everyone who bought the game on day one got lizardmen. Id rather play vs lizardmen rather than dwarfs or chaos any day.

The Disciple of Ky

Postby The Disciple of Ky » 28 September 2015, 00:07

Also everyone who bought the game on day one got lizardmen. Id rather play vs lizardmen rather than dwarfs or chaos any day.
As a Skaven player have to politely disagree - I'd much rather encounter Dwarves and Chaos.

In fact I don't know why people hate facing Chaos so much, they're not that hard to beat at low TV's and in my case at the rate my Skaven are dying I will never get even to 1200s anyway

Skaramush

Postby Skaramush » 28 September 2015, 00:16

As a Skaven player have to politely disagree - I'd much rather encounter Dwarves and Chaos.

In fact I don't know why people hate facing Chaos so much, they're not that hard to beat at low TV's and in my case at the rate my Skaven are dying I will never get even to 1200s anyway
Well of course you dont mind chaos since claw does nothing against AV 7 team. Also skaven players are cheap to replace if they die compared to a lot of other teams where facing chaos team might mean losing half their team dead which might not mean much to skaven.

padds01

Postby padds01 » 28 September 2015, 00:30

Wood Elves aren't really released yet AFAIK so it's not comparable.
hmn they became available at the same time for me , it caused me to panic thought id pre ordered the wrong version ;) im on PC maybe the consoles didnt get both at the same time?

so i guess that also answers another question i had and its not cross platform matchmaking

Sephorin

Postby Sephorin » 28 September 2015, 00:43

Now i know games workshop has only ever had a very passing interest in balance in any of its games but perhaps we need to address the lizard in the game (every single damn game) is there just the smallest possibility they might be out of control?
Lots of folks are playing Lizardmen because they are a new race. However, I definitely don't think they are overpowered. I beat two Lizardman teams yesterday with my Wood Elves.

I have heard it argued, though, that Wood Elves are overpowered. Maybe not overpowered, but very strong.

Return to “General”