Yep, it's unofficial. Wood Elves + Lizardmen are overpowered

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Darkson

Re: Yep, it's official. Wood Elves and Lizardmen are overpow

Postby Darkson » 02 October 2015, 06:11

Neither are OP, but Woodies are the best team in the game.

But obviously not as good as Orcs. :roll:
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Azulus

Postby Azulus » 02 October 2015, 06:46

Invest in some tackle and Wood elves are no longer the huge problem they were. Yeah they are fast and agile and great at scoring, but they break incredibly easy with tackle. It is just a lot of people don't want to invest in some tackle and then complain they can't pin them down.
I invested in a treeman and it really pays off against bash Teams.. Its like the treeman got a sign ..hit me ..hit me..They always try to kill the tree..and ignore my WD and catchers. Next round treeman stands up (hopefully) and markes 2 or more opponents.

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 02 October 2015, 12:53

Invest in some tackle and Wood elves are no longer the huge problem they were. Yeah they are fast and agile and great at scoring, but they break incredibly easy with tackle. It is just a lot of people don't want to invest in some tackle and then complain they can't pin them down.
I invested in a treeman and it really pays off against bash Teams.. Its like the treeman got a sign ..hit me ..hit me..They always try to kill the tree..and ignore my WD and catchers. Next round treeman stands up (hopefully) and markes 2 or more opponents.
Yeah, the treeman is pretty good when players don't just run away from it.

Ixnatifual

Postby Ixnatifual » 02 October 2015, 13:54

Neither are OP, but Woodies are the best team in the game.

But obviously not as good as Orcs. :roll:
50k Goblins? They do have Agility access, after all.
"Scoring touchdowns... Good strategy? Or cheap exploit?"

Calistarius

Postby Calistarius » 02 October 2015, 16:16

Teams like Wood Elves (and other elven teams, or other teams which also have a lot of dodge) is the reason why Tackle is the second most importent skill to me.

I don't fear bashy teams (even if they could beat my teams to a pulp)... because they are pretty easy to deal with, and usually pretty easy to knock down as well... and that is even without having added any skills that are used to deal with bashy teams. But dealing with a team like Wood Elves (or as I said, any other team with dodge), without block and tackle? Yeah that can be highly frustrating. So... Tackle is more importent to me then most other skills... only Block is more importent to me then Tackle.

My normal skill progression for humans is:

Blitzer: Tackle, Mighty Blow, Guard and/or Dauntless.

Linemen: Block, Tackle, Dauntless.

Catchers: Block, Dauntless (so they can be used as the mini-blitzers I build them towards being), Tackle.

Throwers: passing related skills... so does not follow my normal "block and tackle first" tactics.

Ogres: ogres are ogres... so there I can not follow my normal "block and tackle" tactics.

And I do the same with all other teams I like to play... (which is anything that is roughly as quick, agile, and strong, as Norse and up... as a comparison: Amazons, Orks, Chaos, lizardmen, dwarves, etc, all fall outside of atleast one of those three things for me).

So yeah... I am all about the Tackle. XD

Agiond

Postby Agiond » 02 October 2015, 16:45

You can't get tackle on dwarven linemen. They already have it! :mrgreen:

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 02 October 2015, 18:10

My usual play style against trees is to mark them with a lineman only and then let them keep pounding on that piece until they take root...then just run circles around them.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 02 October 2015, 18:12

Both teams are good but not overpowered, I think that Wood Elves are better than Lizardmen, though.
While Lizardmen struggle at high TV vs clawpomb, Wood Elves can deal with it well.
My usual play style against trees is to mark them with a lineman only and then let them keep pounding on that piece until they take root...then just run circles around them.
If possible it's better not to mark the Treeman and just stay away from him, but if this is not possible then marking him is right.

spubbbba

Postby spubbbba » 03 October 2015, 15:30

Treemen are magnets for less experienced bashy coaches, they will often devote a lot of time to taking them down despite it being very tough to hurt them.

More experienced coaches will just run away from them or give them a rookie lino to play with for the rest of the game. They tend not to be worth the TV.
The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.
Facebook group showing all my Bloodbowl teams.

ghmongo

Re: Yep, it's unofficial. Wood Elves + Lizardmen are overpow

Postby ghmongo » 04 October 2015, 14:48

Wood Elves, maybe. Lizards, no.

Wood Elves have fast linemen with G and A access and AG4, and Wardancers who start out really awesome and don't ever stop being awesome. They can get a ST6 Big Guy who doesn't have to worry about blocks failing due to BH/RS/WA. They are strong at low TV because of Wardancers and strong at high TV because their Linemen have a very high skill ceiling. Their offense works however they want it to work - run, pass, whatever. Their only real drawbacks are that they're very pricey for a team that's all AV7 (except for the tree) and Catchers are ST2.

Lizards lack ball handling ability. They don't have true linemen and any attrition they suffer will be immediately felt (lose a Skink and you lose an important piece of your offense, lose a Saurus and your team starts to fall apart at the seams). Skinks lack G access, so self-preservation skills are hard to come by and general toolbox skills (Kick, Wrestle, Strip Ball) will have to go on Sauri. The ST4 is deceptive; Lizards can't "bash" against other bashy teams lest they end up having to throw Skinks in the fray (who will get creamed).

Return to “General”