SP - AI Teams Skill Upgrade Likelihood

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
VonBlade
Twitter: @VonBlade

SP - AI Teams Skill Upgrade Likelihood

Postby VonBlade » 01 October 2015, 23:51

Not complaining or bitching, if for no other reason than I'm aware of how lucky or unlucky dice can be, but

Has anyone else who is playing SP leagues found the AI has a disproportionate amount of stat upgrades/doubles in their skill rolls? It seems that 30-40% of their "behind the scenes" rolls involve pretty unlikely scenarios. Skinks and Big Guys with block, etcetc.

It might be observational bias, so just wondered how anyone else was finding it. Yes I know I should "play online against real people". Anyway, two examples, the second worse than the first. This is from a single cup competition where the AI has upped the TV to match mine for competitions sake. These aren't "hunted for days" examples, merely "I reckon the AI is slightly biased, let's grab a couple of screenies" examples.

Elf Lineman -

Bretonnian Blitzer - 3 10s and a double in six upgrades.
Through daring and lucky armour rolls, victory!

ken

Re: SP - AI Teams Skill Upgrade Likelihood

Postby ken » 01 October 2015, 23:58

the irksome part about that blitzer is the max of +2 on any stat upgrade that is in the rule book.... similar to a player i saw with frenzy and grab

dode74

Postby dode74 » 01 October 2015, 23:59

Well the main issue with the 3rd one is he has 3 stat upgrades all the same, which is not in accordance with the rules. Looks like a bug to me.

bah - Canadian ninja :P

logain

Postby logain » 18 January 2017, 09:56

A Chaos player in my league rolled a third 12 on level up. He tells me it looks like BB2 is allowing him to select a third + ST, and asks me if it's allowed.

Two questions here :
- Is it confirmed there is a bug on stat increase allowing to by pass the max rule ?
- If yes, should i make a house rule forbidding this ? Looks like it's complicated to check all teams in a league regularly, and also to ban a guy who selected such an increase when an opponent tells me about it.

Prkl

Postby Prkl » 18 January 2017, 11:09

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=7294

It's a bug that only effects AI teams when they are created to TV-wise match human player's team in single player mode.

logain

Postby logain » 18 January 2017, 12:13

I'm admin in a multiplayer league.
That means that the coach that tells me BB2 suggests he can take a third +ST can try, and BB2 will refuse ?

Focus_GuillaumeQA
Administrateur

Postby Focus_GuillaumeQA » 18 January 2017, 13:39

Yes, he will have an error message that prevent him to take the stat upgrade

Return to “General”