Dealing with Chaos the violent way.

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Dominico

Dealing with Chaos the violent way.

Postby Dominico » 25 October 2015, 10:34

I know its a contentious title but i have to say in the NAF league i have been looking at some chaos teams i have played and almost all their games are conceeds.

One player i just played and was losing to, he was caging the ball on the touchdown line to run the first half down. I decided to foul his few players near the centre line of the pitch (for me if you are caging the ball to run down the clock then expect dirty play) He wasnt happy, as i shockingly managed to kill him (he had used his apoth earlier on an injury) and scored then conceded in the half time set up.

I wont name this player but i looked through his games played and almost all the games are conceded one way or the other. In the last 9 games he played 1 has been played to completion.

Either he has conceded after getting a couple of players off the pitch ie he gets 2 ko 1 injury, or the opponent has conceded.

To me this just makes the NAF league pointless playing Chaos teams, they will have been overly bloated by conceeds, and (a fair few of them?) dont even face any tough games conceeding at the first sign of a challenge.

Now i know nothing can be done of this as its the nature of the league to be casual and have no point really other than fast games...

So my question would be is it that Chaos attracts people who want it easy or is it a facet of the game where some people don't like challenges? I actually feel cheated for those games I played through to the death as Chaos, only to check their history and see that they do nothing of the sort :/ lol

I know a lot of people mention punishments etc but i thought of a really good system.

Basically a player who conceds a lot of his games is marked as a conceder with a logo, when the match maker puts you against this player, you have an option to just decline the match with them. That way you dont get faced off against someone who is only going to play if they win. This isnt insulting to the conceder as i know sometimes people have to do it and it would only kick in if its done a fair amount of times. Like 3 in your last 10 games or something (cyanide will have the stats to work this out).

Unfortunately disconnects would have to be put in with the concede as otherwise people will just start pulling the plug lol.

ps shameless plug we just need a few more teams for the round robin FIBA league if we are on course to play on thursday, please send me a message if you want any more info!!
I made a steam group FIBAbowl. Search and join!!!

FIBA First Season underway Check steam group FIBA blood bowl for more info
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6314

mickey3dBB

Re: Dealing with Chaos the violent way.

Postby mickey3dBB » 25 October 2015, 10:36

This has already been suggested a few times. Not convinced it would achieve anything to be honest.

Chn575

Postby Chn575 » 25 October 2015, 10:47

If the conceed a lot change their team flag and coach pick to a chicken.

spubbbba

Postby spubbbba » 25 October 2015, 13:50

As it stands all those killer chaos teams are pretty much impossible to stop. They don't risk running out of cash as so many opponents concede to them, and if they ever are in a position where it looks like they might take some damage then they can just concede with no repercussions.

Pretty much the only way they lose players is down to apoth fails and eventually ageing.
The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.
Facebook group showing all my Bloodbowl teams.

Dominico

Postby Dominico » 25 October 2015, 14:24

This has already been suggested a few times. Not convinced it would achieve anything to be honest.

I disagree, from my point of view i would be able to avoid this player who i played earlier who concedes or is conceded to and has a super powered team.

I dont want to face up against players who only play when they are winning as it means 7 roudns into the match they just quit if im doing well, or i get a beating. Which either way is not fun.

I wouldnt mind if it was easy to get our own leagues off the ground but there are not many tools to be able to do this!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6314

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 25 October 2015, 14:28

I disagree, from my point of view i would be able to avoid this player who i played earlier who concedes or is conceded to and has a super powered team.

I dont want to face up against players who only play when they are winning as it means 7 roudns into the match they just quit if im doing well, or i get a beating. Which either way is not fun.

I wouldnt mind if it was easy to get our own leagues off the ground but there are not many tools to be able to do this!
The 51 SPPs rule should be enforced.

skulkrakr

Postby skulkrakr » 25 October 2015, 14:42

The 51 SPPs rule should be enforced.
Yes yes yes yes. Except what happens when you lose all yours because you got massacred?

skulkrakr

Postby skulkrakr » 25 October 2015, 14:44

What about claw and mighty blow don't stack?

Dominico

Postby Dominico » 25 October 2015, 14:49

I really dont think claw and mighty blow are a problem, as a team that goes for these forgoes other skills (you can only have so many skills)

The problem in that main league is the forfiets, i think you cant bring in the 51spp rule, are there are times the game crashes, which doesnt happen for me but i know a friend who gets a lot of crashes.

At least with the system i suggested it doesnt really punish them for disco or forfieture.

Instead it gives me the option to not play them with no repercussions for either. So i can find a player who doesnt quit at the drop of the hat when losing. As most say its not a problem in a proper league but it makes playing in the NAF league a bit like... ohh another chaos team, im either going to get slaughtered or they will quit...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6314

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 25 October 2015, 14:49

Yes yes yes yes. Except what happens when you lose all yours because you got massacred?
How?
Played a lot of matches at high TV vs Clawpomb and my teams were rarely massacred.
Most of injuries are KOs and not permanent injuries.
If you are losing and can't do anything you can simply let your players lying on the pitch or failing on purpose dodges and GFI so they will not be clawpombed.
Anyway, if disconnections and easy quits are not punished, people are going to disconnect, say thanks to Cyanide for that.

Return to “General”