Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Javelin

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby Javelin » 03 November 2015, 23:26

So the rulebook was updated to state that in ladder competitions the lowest TV chooses inducements first. That's great! Was this just an update to the document, or did the server or client change? Did I miss an announcement?

This is the kind of thing that makes me check these boards daily.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 05 November 2015, 15:06

So the rulebook was updated to state that in ladder competitions the lowest TV chooses inducements first. That's great! Was this just an update to the document, or did the server or client change? Did I miss an announcement?

It was actually a mistake in the rulebook. It was already implemented in the game, we just updated the rulebook to fit the reality (that's why the version number has not changed, it's linked to the version of the game).
Focus Team

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 05 November 2015, 16:57

Netheos wrote:

It was actually a mistake in the rulebook. It was already implemented in the game, we just updated the rulebook to fit the reality (that's why the version number has not changed, it's linked to the version of the game).

Thanks for the information!

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 06 November 2015, 13:37

Netheos wrote:

Are there any other changes we should be made aware of?

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 06 November 2015, 13:54

Are there any other changes we should be made aware of?

We also added some details on the stadium effects (to explain that you can play around them) based on an example of cKnoor, that's it ;)
Focus Team

cataflam

Postby cataflam » 08 November 2015, 16:57

Netheos wrote:

And it's false. In NAF free ladder, I've still had today/yesterday both the highest team pick inducements first and the lowest team pick inducements first.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 09 November 2015, 10:54

cataflam wrote:
Netheos wrote:

And it's false. In NAF free ladder, I've still had today/yesterday both the highest team pick inducements first and the lowest team pick inducements first.

Could you give some details on this? To help us investigate if needed.
Focus Team

cataflam

Postby cataflam » 09 November 2015, 13:32

I'll try next time it happens.

shambles23

Postby shambles23 » 19 November 2015, 04:59

- Karma - wrote:So few companies nowadays are even interested in making a top tier product. It's about money - someone in these forums mentioned about giving the Devs a break because they obviously didn't care about the product...they were just there to grab a paycheque like most people in the world. I mean I say if you are skilled/lucky enough to work on a project like this (and I mean, lets be honest BB is a pretty niche fanbase it was never going to have broad appeal) then obviously someone somewhere in the company must really like it so I find it hard to believe it's only about cashing a cheque.

Even if a few people on the team DID care about the IP of BB, they were likely overruled by the head(s) of the studio - or as Enarion tells it, by two incompetent (his words not mine although I'm starting to see what he's on about) lead designers who must have their own strange ideas on what BB should be and are forcing it on everyone else so they can enjoy their game experience and to hell with everyone else. There just CAN'T be data (or least, widely accepted data) that shows that the majority of these design decisions were something that the community wanted.

NOTICE TO CYANIDE - BB is an IP that's fans leave and breathe, even if it is a smaller target market. If you would have made the game that they wanted, the money would have come in. If you would have listened to some of the core members of this community who played BB1 and TT for years, they could have given you great advice. A community representation group should have been formed - it has worked brilliantly for other game communities. If you had worked with us to see what we wanted, your sales would not only have been up but we would be falling all over ourselves to give you more money for DLC because we would have trusted you. If the game wasn't any good, the community would have more or less been to blame - absolving yourself, and thereby giving you leeway to make the changes you wanted to see in good faith. You ruined your own bottom line, because no matter what it looks like now it could have looked a lot better. Even if the game as is can be enjoyed, you've lost your community.

They did listen to the community. They implemented a new team based on advice from people in the community. They implemented some changes as well. We may not agree with those changes but they did make some.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 19 November 2015, 13:26

shambles23 wrote:They did listen to the community. They implemented a new team based on advice from people in the community. They implemented some changes as well. We may not agree with those changes but they did make some.

A lot has changed since the post I made that you quoted, so it's a little hard for me to reply here.

BUT the general consensus previous to past two weeks was that Cyanide may have been "listening" to the community but by their actions we would have never known. There was no communication. The Bretonnians frankly was an incredibly weird design decision at launch. If they wanted to hold some kind of open competition and add the Bretonnians as a free DLC team to reward the community (or whoever the winner had been) THAT would have been amazing. Instead we got them over several other core teams that people would have preferred, based on the poll posted in the Ideas forum.

They implemented some fixes based on feedback during the Beta, but missed some huge issues that weren't resolved until after launch or still aren't.

I agree they appear to be trying to work and communicate better with the community at this time, and that is great. I just feel what you're saying about them listening to the community is a pretty thin argument compared to what my original post was getting at at the time it was posted.

Regardless, if you want to carry on this debate feel free to PM me - no reason to clutter the thread about the rulebook any more than I already have with posts like this.

Return to “General”