Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Netheos
Administrateur

Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby Netheos » 29 October 2015, 13:58

Hey Coaches,

On the Official Blood Bowl 2 Forum and during our AMA on Reddit last month, some of you requested a document summing up the differences between the BloodBowl 2 rules and the LRB6 (official rules of the tabletop game).

We are now releasing the "Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook" and you can find it on the Forum board or directly HERE.
Keep in mind that this document is a summary of the current rules in the game and that it might evolve depending on your feedback and the data we collect on our servers.

We are constantly working on ironing out your Blood Bowl 2 experience. The current priority is to deliver the console update, in order to bring all fixes and improvements made on PC through 4 patches and servers updates to PS4 and Xbox One, but more updates with improvements are coming.

On Steam, the Early Players Offer will end the second week of November, after which Lizardmen and Wood Elves will be available for purchase as DLC.

Have fun on the pitch,
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive
Focus Team

- Karma -

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby - Karma - » 29 October 2015, 14:41

Thanks for this Nethos, agree or disagree on some decisions at least we know where you guys stand.

My two cents:

Juggernaut - I personally think this is a mistake, makes this much more of a niche skill as opposed to an effective counter
Diving Tackle - so when it says "only used if changes result of dodge roll" is that like saying we will only ever be asked if we want to use it IF it actually makes the difference in the opponent failing or not? I was under the impression we aren't able to see the result of the dodge roll currently, so does this mean if the dodging player rolls a 1 we won't be asked because it's already a fail and if he rolls a 6 we won't be asked because that will be an automatic success?

Regarding optional rules you wish to discuss:

Wizard - no strong opinion either way, just curious if others think that could help the underdog teams who may need to create some luck after a turnover
Mercs - I think this was some kind of optional rule somewhere, where you could add skills at the rate of twice their normal TV cost in inducements (can't remember if stats could be bought but pretty sure not)
Special Play Cards - I haven't played with these much, so don't really have an opinion either way, but if it adds more customization to the game for those who want it then I say go for it

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 14:58

Yes, thanks for finally posting this.
Juggernaut - I personally think this is a mistake, makes this much more of a niche skill as opposed to an effective counter
I think this skill is working as it was in LRB with the exception that it should be mandatory. According to the new rulebook here it is mandatory. Good to know that tho.

Diving Tackle - so when it says "only used if changes result of dodge roll" is that like saying we will only ever be asked if we want to use it IF it actually makes the difference in the opponent failing or not? I was under the impression we aren't able to see the result of the dodge roll currently, so does this mean if the dodging player rolls a 1 we won't be asked because it's already a fail and if he rolls a 6 we won't be asked because that will be an automatic success?
This is the way I read it. Makes it a lot easier to know if I should use it or not, since it won't ask if it wouldn't affect anything. I like that.

Special Play Cards - I haven't played with these much, so don't really have an opinion either way, but if it adds more customization to the game for those who want it then I say go for it
I'd love to see the Special Card decks come into play. That would be an awesome addition to the game. But they should be optional in league play of course.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 29 October 2015, 15:04

Break Tackle is clearly not mandatory, or it would be used on a roll of natural 1, the dodge would still fail, and the reroll would be at a different DC. That is not the case. If a saurus with break tackle tries to dodge out with break tackle the first roll is a 2+ and the second dodge is a 2+. If break tackle were mandatory it would be 2+ and then 5+. The .pdf doesn't note that grab is also mandatory and that piling on can be used after a foul, too.

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't see that information about the roster changes. Let me ask a different question. What data do you have that shows Orcs are top tier? All data I've seen shows that they are an average performing team at all team values. I was hoping for a more detailed explanations than that.

Why isn't which diving catch player to use just a choice for the coach, instead of eventually falling down to "random selection?" Why are inducements done in order of home team and then away team and not team value, when home/guest is randomly determined?
Last edited by SquirrelDude on 29 October 2015, 15:21, edited 5 times in total.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 29 October 2015, 15:14

I am left speechless by these changes which have quite obviously been made out of expediency rather than any gameplay need, particularly the mandatory skills which make a HUGE difference.

"Orcs are in the top tier" - so are 15 other teams! Going to nerf them all too?

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 29 October 2015, 15:19

You absolutely need to implement the declare petty cash phase. Without that inducements are a joke and games cannot be balanced by TV.

No Juggs, Pass or Kick optionality is really bad.
SS, Grab and Catch really should be optional.
Dodge optional on T8/16 would be good.
The rest being mandatory is fine although there are ofc times when you would like them to be optional it would be quite rare.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 29 October 2015, 15:27

Break Tackle is clearly not mandatory, or it would be used on a roll of natural 1, the dodge would still fail, and the reroll would be at a different DC. That is not the case. If a saurus with break tackle tries to dodge out with break tackle the first roll is a 2+ and the second dodge is a 2+. If break tackle were mandatory it would be 2+ and then 5+. The .pdf doesn't note that grab is also mandatory and that piling on can be used after a foul, too.

Edit: I'm sorry, I didn't see that information about the roster changes. Let me ask a different question. What data do you have that shows Orcs are top tier? All data I've seen shows that they are an average performing team at all team values. I was hoping for a more detailed explanations than that.

Why isn't which diving catch player to use just a choice for the coach, instead of eventually falling down to "random selection?" Why are inducements done in order of home team and then away team and not team value, when home/guest is randomly determined?
BT is only mandatory on a fail. Sure you should be able to use Dodge or a TRR on a fail and save BT for later but it's pretty much fine now.
Orc nerf is so random and completely unexplained. Terrible.
Order of inducements doesn't matter so much without a declare petty cash phase - which is horrific.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 29 October 2015, 15:45

Yes, I forgot to mention about the inducements phase - I mean if you want to go home team, away team then fine I guess (don't agree but can deal with it) but without a petty cash declaration phase the system is broken either way.

Cyanide this has been discussed at length in several threads and we shouldn't need to drag these arguments here - this should be a problem you're well aware of, or if you don't think it is a problem an explanation is sorely needed.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 29 October 2015, 15:50

You're exactly right ;)
Break Tackle is clearly not mandatory, or it would be used on a roll of natural 1, the dodge would still fail, and the reroll would be at a different DC. That is not the case. If a saurus with break tackle tries to dodge out with break tackle the first roll is a 2+ and the second dodge is a 2+ If break tackle were mandatory it would be 2+ and then 5+.
It's mandatory because you're not given the choice to use it or not, but it's not automatically used.

Break Tackle is only used if it changed the result of the dodge. For example, If you roll a natural 1, it will not be used and you will fail and if you roll a 6, it will not be used and you will succed. We'll correct the rulebook to make it easier to understand, thanks!
Focus Team

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 29 October 2015, 15:56

You're exactly right ;)
Break Tackle is clearly not mandatory, or it would be used on a roll of natural 1, the dodge would still fail, and the reroll would be at a different DC. That is not the case. If a saurus with break tackle tries to dodge out with break tackle the first roll is a 2+ and the second dodge is a 2+ If break tackle were mandatory it would be 2+ and then 5+.
It's mandatory because you're not given the choice to use it or not, but it's not automatically used.

Break Tackle is only used if it changed the result of the the dodge. For example, If you roll a natural 1, it will not be used and you will fail and if you roll a 6, it will not be used and you will succed. We'll correct the rulebook to make it easier to understand, thanks!
Thank you for the clarification.

Return to “General”