Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
sann0638

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby sann0638 » 30 October 2015, 10:07

I for one do not want to add 5 minutes to every game just for the 1-100 game situation that I might want to deliberately fail a dodge.
It's not about failing a dodge. It's about falling down on a defender stumbles, which is probably a 1 in 10 game situation when played at a high level.
President of the NAF, the global Blood Bowl players' organisation (thenaf.net)

Potemkin_dk

Postby Potemkin_dk » 30 October 2015, 10:36

The best change is to the pre-match. The old prematch was clunky, slow and confusing. In the old rules it was really irritating to start with 80-90k in petty cash and not be able to buy anything other than a babe. Being able to top up from treasury is much fairer. The new system is not only more streamlined but it acts as a natural balancing system, allowing teams to top up with extra cash from treasury in unfavorable matchups. A very elegant and well thought out change. Well done.
If teams only was able to top up with 10-20K then it wouldn't be as broken.. might even be ok.. but that isn't the case. That people can gain an 150 TV advantage in a game makes the "Free Cash" system very very broken.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 30 October 2015, 11:40

I posted more detail about my view on inducments in the relevant thread.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6576&start=80

cataflam

Postby cataflam » 30 October 2015, 13:03

No Juggernaut, Pass or Kick optionality is really bad.
SS, Grab and Catch really should be optional.
Dodge optional on T8/16 would be good.
The rest being mandatory is fine although there are ofc times when you would like them to be optional it would be quite rare.
I concur.
As others have alreayd said, Juggernaut is really bad if it's not optional.
Pass is probably the next most useful as optional when you are fine with inaccurate and don't want to risk a fumble.
Not using side step and grab comes up often enough as well.

edit: add tackle to the list of useful optional skills (to push players, for surfing or one-turning usually)

Btw, playing on PC, with a Kick player, I've never had any problems with it or to select it. It just uses it, assuming he is setup in a valid position. Maybe the "select kicker" thing is purely cosmetic if you don't have a kicker ?
Last edited by cataflam on 30 October 2015, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

VonBlade
Twitter: @VonBlade

Postby VonBlade » 30 October 2015, 13:07

And that still doesn't explain why the BEST team in the game has escaped a nerf.
Yeah those damn clawpomb Chaos with few ball-handlers. Easily the best team.
Oh sorry did you mean the Woodies with their Wardancers and squishy linemen. Easily the best team.
Or was it the Pro Elves/Dark Elves with ludicrous ball-handling and squishy expensive players. Easily the best team.
How about them Orks, loads of strength, ball handling, great armour. Easily the best team.
Damn Dwarfs where everyone has block and you can cage your way to 1-0 victories at low TV. Easily the best team.
Nothing is more annoying than the Lizzies with loads of strong guys to splat yours and dodging gits to score quickly. Easily the best team.
I hate those freaking Skaven. Those Gutter Runners are unfairly fast, and Storm Vermin dominate. Easily the best team...

I think I've made my point.
Through daring and lucky armour rolls, victory!

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 30 October 2015, 13:40

No, not at all, because unlike your gut feeling, there are STATS that show Woodies are the best team, and also show them to be head & shoulders above Orcs (who were middle of the road pre-nerf).
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

cataflam

Postby cataflam » 30 October 2015, 13:47

Oh and no mention of piling on on fouls. So the obvious bug was not an intended rule change after all, surprise :roll: :lol:

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 30 October 2015, 13:58

Regarding Kick I don't know what's going but there's been plenty of "Kick is broken" posts and threads with some folks recently saying it works if you select the Kick guy and now their PDF says you need to select the Kicker.

Obviously the way it should work is if you have Kick and the Kicker is set up in an eligible spot to kick then the game should automatically have that player kick. If for some reason a team has two Kickers just have one of them randomly be the Kicker.
Kick should be optional so that you have a choice of two squares for the ball to land, that is the problem.
edit: add tackle to the list of useful optional skills (to push players, for surfing or one-turning usually)
The thing is that if Dodge was optional the player getting hit in that situation would just turn off Dodge so there is no need for Tackle to be optional imo.

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 30 October 2015, 15:12

No, not at all, because unlike your gut feeling, there are STATS that show Woodies are the best team, and also show them to be head & shoulders above Orcs (who were middle of the road pre-nerf).
Of course things are modified by team value, but Orcs simply do not have a fantastic winning percentage even at middling team value before they become as squishy as everyone else without the agility to keep away from the bash.

Borgio

Postby Borgio » 30 October 2015, 15:30

I don't really understand either why any positive skill would be made not-optional, other than "we didn't have the hindsight to prepare the code for such eventualities" or "We don't want to slow the pace of the game too much"

If it's the former, then shame on you Cyanide for starting to work without activating your brain. If it's the latter then start by trimming out the completely unnecessary players-running-around animation every time you set up your team, it get's old REAL quick and it's by far the biggest waste of time in any game.

Hopefully at some point you will make skills optional as you did on BB1 and people will be able to play the way they want.

Or maybe I am missing something and there is some ulterior motive to change the meta of the game... dunno.

Return to “General”