Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
PaloLV

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby PaloLV » 31 October 2015, 04:07

I think we are getting trolled. They are deliberately sabotaging the game just to screw with us. I refuse to believe they could actually be this incompetent.

JimmyFantastic

Postby JimmyFantastic » 31 October 2015, 14:26

I refuse to believe they could actually be this incompetent.
This is CYANIDE!!!

But seriously they are just guys in suits not BB players. And hell even BB players can really disagree about a lot of things. Reading reviews of BB2 by non-fans can give you a perspective on how Cyanide came to these decisions, like someone suggested that Chaos are unfinished due to lack of positionals and Blocking should be automated!

I really hope they listen to the community and fix the more glaring issues. Mainly Petty Cash, I can kinda live with the borked skills.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 31 October 2015, 15:55

This is CYANIDE!!!

But seriously they are just guys in suits not BB players. And hell even BB players can really disagree about a lot of things. Reading reviews of BB2 by non-fans can give you a perspective on how Cyanide came to these decisions, like someone suggested that Chaos are unfinished due to lack of positionals and Blocking should be automated!
This is going to be the problem with the franchise going forward. Once you start making decisions to cater to new players, you're going to water down the experience, and make it more "noob friendly." I don't want to play that game. I want to play Blood Bowl. I don't want some game where humans are the baseline. I don't want a game where the tactics are stripped out of it.

Unfortunately, it's fairly obvious the writing is on the wall. Blood Bowl 2 is not for us.

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 31 October 2015, 16:03

I don't know who these decisions are supposed to cater to but based on their sales numbers the answer seems to be almost no one.

Nîme l'Ancien

Postby Nîme l'Ancien » 31 October 2015, 16:34

Yes sadly nowadays producers think that making bad games/movie/things is ok to make money. It often happens but what is sure is when you are doing a good game/movie/things you can make a lot more of money (the witcher ? Kerbal Space Prog ? ... etc) ... SO WHY ??? WHY ???

Please stop callilng this a Rulebook. The Rulebook of Blood Bowl is an 90 pages doc.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 31 October 2015, 18:18

So few companies nowadays are even interested in making a top tier product. It's about money - someone in these forums mentioned about giving the Devs a break because they obviously didn't care about the product...they were just there to grab a paycheque like most people in the world. I mean I say if you are skilled/lucky enough to work on a project like this (and I mean, lets be honest BB is a pretty niche fanbase it was never going to have broad appeal) then obviously someone somewhere in the company must really like it so I find it hard to believe it's only about cashing a cheque.

Even if a few people on the team DID care about the IP of BB, they were likely overruled by the head(s) of the studio - or as Enarion tells it, by two incompetent (his words not mine although I'm starting to see what he's on about) lead designers who must have their own strange ideas on what BB should be and are forcing it on everyone else so they can enjoy their game experience and to hell with everyone else. There just CAN'T be data (or least, widely accepted data) that shows that the majority of these design decisions were something that the community wanted.

NOTICE TO CYANIDE - BB is an IP that's fans leave and breathe, even if it is a smaller target market. If you would have made the game that they wanted, the money would have come in. If you would have listened to some of the core members of this community who played BB1 and TT for years, they could have given you great advice. A community representation group should have been formed - it has worked brilliantly for other game communities. If you had worked with us to see what we wanted, your sales would not only have been up but we would be falling all over ourselves to give you more money for DLC because we would have trusted you. If the game wasn't any good, the community would have more or less been to blame - absolving yourself, and thereby giving you leeway to make the changes you wanted to see in good faith. You ruined your own bottom line, because no matter what it looks like now it could have looked a lot better. Even if the game as is can be enjoyed, you've lost your community.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 31 October 2015, 19:25

Even if the game as is can be enjoyed, you've lost your community.
The sad news is that they haven't. Just look at the scrubs over on reddit, lapping this garbage up. Anyone who suggests they should have put some more effort into BB2 and actually gave a crap about gameplay over graphics gets downvoted to obscurity.

The good news for us is that those idiots will move on to the next game pretty quickly, and then Cyanide will be left with no one playing their game, stupid or not.

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 31 October 2015, 23:10

I don't think that they've burned huge portions of the current community, but they've probably confirmed to people who were sitting on the fences that they should stay away.

logain

Postby logain » 01 November 2015, 22:53

Pass
"A player with the Pass skill re-rolls the dice if he throws an inaccurate Pass or fumbles."
- The skill is mandatory

You should ask the coach at least if the pass fails without being a fumble. Sometimes you prefer to fail (with the ball far away) than risk a fumble.

So, enough has been said on the changes. It looks like you didn't want to code more. If there are reasons, like "we want to make the game go faster", please tell us.

I was at Paris Games Wee, at the BB2 booth. It's a game that is difficult to explain to newbies. So i wouldn't mind you trying to make it more fluid and easy. But the game's success (long term wise) is his fan base, who like its complexity and details. It's that fan base who will buy dlcs, not the casuals.

About "Non implemented rules " Nobody talked about it.

These are some rules that are not currently in the game but that we would like to discuss about, and maybe include in the future.
Wizard - Wizard can't be used after a Turnover.
Mercenaries - You can only recruit Level 1 Mercenaries.
Special Play Cards - Blood Bowl doesn't feature the Special Play cards at the moment.

Could you explain the reasoning behind the Wizard proposal ? The mercenaries proposal ? What are the problems that make you think they should be changed / that this is the solution of the problem ? Would you care to share ?

I think everybody here would love to have special cards implemented. If you don't change them because they are complicated to code, that is. If you change them, make all cards optional, so that a league owner can ban the ones that his community thinks unbalance the game.

Obsidian

Postby Obsidian » 03 November 2015, 19:08

Hi,

Is there any information about ranking in leagues ?

thanks.

Return to “General”