Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
wdanjou

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby wdanjou » 30 October 2015, 15:32

This thread would be so much better if all the people claiming their viewpoints are backed up by stats would actually provide these mysterious "well known" stats. It's especially bad because a lot of these same people are complaining that cyanide doesn't bother to back up their claims with stats. I can't take anything these people say seriously with that level of hypocrisy, which is a shame because they may have otherwise had some really good points that cyanide should take seriously. And I definitely don't want to see anything silly like "It's readily available/common knowledge! Look it up if you want to!" That's not how supporting your argument works.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 30 October 2015, 15:42

Dode has posted the stats to this forum (and others) many times. Nothing "mysterious" abut them, though some people obviously find the use of the search function "mysterious".
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.

Darkson wrote:Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 30 October 2015, 16:35

So, they didn't want to slow down the pace of the game, and yet the kickoff setup routine is a bunch of players running around, and every block has a cut scene animation.

Riiiiight.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 30 October 2015, 16:49

NAF tabletop tournament data from 2012-13, over 32k matches all at low TV in tournaments:

OCC (perpetual scheduled league) data for seasons 4-28, over 24k matches at all TVs:

FOL (BB1 player-run open MM league) data, over 100k matches at all TVs:

FUMBBL B before scheduler change, over 175k matches at all TVs:

FUMBBL B after scheduler change, over 55k matches at all TVs:

The centre of the line is the actual performance in that environment. The line represents the 95CI range.

Orcs are, as you can see, mid to low in ALL of those environments.

Enarion

Postby Enarion » 30 October 2015, 16:55

Orcacide wrote:So, they didn't want to slow down the pace of the game, and yet the kickoff setup routine is a bunch of players running around, and every block has a cut scene animation.

Riiiiight.

It wouldn't slow down the game much with optional skills being optional. You would simply activate/deactivate skills during the Block Dice sequence/pop-up message like the dodge/wrestle pop-up in BB2 at the moment. Optional skills were introduced in the BB:LE version, it worked fine.

This was discussed at length during the beta. The designers had completely disregarded this from the initial game design, similiar to how Pass Block was missing during the entire closed beta. Why? Because the designers working on BB2 are the same jokers that worked on BB1. Same guys that were responsible for the poor state BB1 was at at the beginning.

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 30 October 2015, 17:44

Look at Halflings in the FOL. Was that you Enarion lol!

wdanjou

Postby wdanjou » 30 October 2015, 17:46

Thanks so much Dode, you're incredible. I don't have a tabletop background and I'm new to the game in general, I tried googling but couldn't find the answer, can anyone tell me if the NAF tournaments are all the same rule sets like resurrection and skill packages, or none of that, or a mix of everyone doing different rule sets?

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 30 October 2015, 17:49

dode74 wrote:NAF tournament data from 2012-13, over 12k matches all at low TV in tournaments:

[Lots of images showing where Orcs ranked]

The centre of the line is the actual performance in that environment. The line represents the 95CI range.

Orcs are, as you can see, mid to low in ALL of those environments.
It's this kind of stuff that made me very curious to see what their data is that supports this decision, and they gave us nothing.

To nicely sum up Dode's data. Orcs are never ranked in the top 1/2 of all teams, and are twice ranked in the bottom 1/3 of all teams. That's the oppossite of "top tier."
Last edited by SquirrelDude on 30 October 2015, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Orcacide

Postby Orcacide » 30 October 2015, 17:52

Enarion wrote:It wouldn't slow down the game much with optional skills being optional.

I know it wouldn't, you and I are on the same side of that argument.

My point was a sarcastic poke at all the things they did to slow the game down (seriously, BB2 streams are painful to watch when you're used to CE) while using the "we don't want to slow the game down" excuse for actual legitimate gameplay.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 30 October 2015, 17:54

wdanjou wrote:Thanks so much Dode, you're incredible. I don't have a tabletop background and I'm new to the game in general, I tried googling but couldn't find the answer, can anyone tell me if the NAF tournaments are all the same rule sets like resurrection and skill packages, or none of that, or a mix of everyone doing different rule sets?

You're welcome.

Each tournament will have its own ruleset, but typically they will start at a low TV with a few skills and be resurrection-based, and there may be some managed team progression as the tournament advances. Most tournaments will involve very few games compared with leagues etc.

Return to “General”