Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
RTSD

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby RTSD » 30 October 2015, 19:05

Orcacide wrote:
Enarion wrote:It wouldn't slow down the game much with optional skills being optional.

I know it wouldn't, you and I are on the same side of that argument.

My point was a sarcastic poke at all the things they did to slow the game down (seriously, BB2 streams are painful to watch when you're used to CE) while using the "we don't want to slow the game down" excuse for actual legitimate gameplay.

so tru, it's the decisions when picking and using skills that separate the good from the great coaches and there's no good reason to lose awesome part of BB

Valcurdra wrote:Thanks for taking the direction to streamline the game for a faster and smoother online experience. I appreciate the risk you took to do so, as this decision has not been popular with some of the more vocal table top diehards. I for one do not want to add 5 minutes to every game just for the 1-100 game situation that I might want to deliberately fail a dodge.

The best change is to the pre-match. The old prematch was clunky, slow and confusing. In the old rules it was really irritating to start with 80-90k in petty cash and not be able to buy anything other than a babe. Being able to top up from treasury is much fairer. The new system is not only more streamlined but it acts as a natural balancing system, allowing teams to top up with extra cash from treasury in unfavorable matchups. A very elegant and well thought out change. Well done.

Oh and put out some more dlc asap, I have all this useless money lying around that I would be happy to give you ;)

The game was not slowed down by any significance in CE, that's no excuse to disregard a fantastic aspect of the game especially when the animations throughout BB2 have actually made it slower to get though a game.

The pre-match in BB1 could do everything you praise BB2 for. You could add from you treasury to inducements you simply did not work out how.

And please don't encourage them to sell us more things before they have at least fixed the broken aspects of BB2 and finished adding in all the star players.
Last edited by RTSD on 30 October 2015, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 30 October 2015, 19:52

wdanjou wrote:can anyone tell me if the NAF tournaments are all the same rule sets like resurrection and skill packages, or none of that, or a mix of everyone doing different rule sets?

All sorts, most range from TV100 to TV120, skill packages vary from tournament to tournament, the vast majority are resurrection, but not all, some allow Stars and/or Inducements, some don't.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.

Darkson wrote:Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 30 October 2015, 21:36

Have to say the orc nerf is a bit puzzling, they are obviously working off different data.

It may be that some of the other new rules gave orcs a stealth buff, or the choice of starting teams created a meta where orcs were the strongest.

Really hard to see a need for this change.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 30 October 2015, 21:44

Valcurdra wrote:Have to say the orc nerf is a bit puzzling, they are obviously working off different data.
Then they need to share it. Without doing so it's utterly unjustified.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 30 October 2015, 21:52

dode74 wrote:
Valcurdra wrote:Have to say the orc nerf is a bit puzzling, they are obviously working off different data.
Then they need to share it. Without doing so it's utterly unjustified.

Agreed, even if they don't share the data in its entirety. They could at least explain better.

Strangely I actually see a lot of orc teams in mm, so it doesn't seem to be bothering people who play there.

Personally I am not a fan of orcs so I haven't played them enough to comment on how much difference it makes.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 30 October 2015, 21:56

Valcurdra wrote:Personally I am not a fan of orcs so I haven't played them enough to comment on how much difference it makes.

It's fairly easy to see that it amounts to a slightly harder start and a late game where you are basically 2 skills (1x Claw/MB?) down compared to what you would have been. That will have an impact.

Nîme l'Ancien

Postby Nîme l'Ancien » 30 October 2015, 23:26

Nice, a bunch of guys who know nothing about the game that make a list of bugs and call it a rulebook.

Dudes from cyanide/focus wrote:We made some roster adjustments to balance the game. To do so, we used feedback from BB1 community as well as Blood Bowl tabletop history. We are still listening the ideas of the community and theses adjustment may evolve. We want a living game based on our exchanges with the community. Don’t hesitate to give us your thoughts about it!

That's the part I liked the most. Giving our thoughts is what we did during the 6 months of the closed Beta ...

"No team editor and no Direct IP" : ideas from the community ?
"Mandotory skills" : ideas from the community ?
"Roster changes" : ideas from the community ?
"not all the stars" : ideas from the community ?
"no cards" : ideas from the community ?

That's a joke. Assume your job instead of accusing the "community" to give you bad "mandatory" (that's the first problem ... the none optional changes) ideas to transform BB2 in a "Blood Bowl ersatz".

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 30 October 2015, 23:56

Direct transcript of the AMA

[–]hairypete77 14 points 23 days ago
Will you be posting a PDF of an "official" rulebook that details the rules of BB2?

[–]Focus_NetheosFOCUS HOME COMMUNITY MANAGER[S] 19 points 23 days ago
Hey! We're working on a PDF dealing with the differences between LRB6 and BB2 rules and explaining the reasons behind these changes. It should be coming in the next weeks!

They really think they have now completed the "explaining the reasons behind these changes" promise with the pdf rulebook they delivered?

These are their "reasonings":

TV Change
No reasoning give, though they were nice enough to explain the 150K cash limit. It "give you an opportunity to keep some cash to buy new players".

Inducement Change
make it simpler and smoother

Player Aging
No reasoning given

Marketplace
No reasoning given

Making skills mandatory
No reasoning given

Nerf to Orc
the team is in the top tier

Buff to Human
the team is in the low tier

WTF???

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 30 October 2015, 23:57

They averaged about 6 words per "reasoning"...

Enarion

Postby Enarion » 31 October 2015, 00:28

Took them 2 weeks to write that document(rulebook). Which could have been written in a post, it would take 15 tops 30 min to write that post.

Very unprofessional. And very dissapointing.

Why can't they (the crappy designers, UncleRibs & Syl to be precise) just bloody resign, and give room for someone from the community to take the helm? Clearly, this IP is beyond their intellect.

Return to “General”