Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
- Karma -

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Rulebook

Postby - Karma - » 29 October 2015, 15:56

You're exactly right ;)
Thanks Netheos - you mention updating the rulebook, I suggest using the exact example you just gave for clarification.

This resolves some of the concern I had about taking DT.

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 16:37

Please just admit your mistake and fix Orc Blitzers to their proper 80k cost.

This one little change would do an enormous amount of good at convincing the player base you really do want to make this game better.

Imploded77

Postby Imploded77 » 29 October 2015, 16:50

I like the changes for Orc team. Orcs used to be better a team than Humans. Now they are more balanced vs each other.

Besides, as I understand, the general consensus about team balanicng was: "Some teams are better than others, there is no aim to make all teams equally strong, just live with it". Now, when Orcs got a very tiny nerf, why question it?

However, I am all for having optional roster sets at private leagues. Call them Classic/Cyanide and that's it.
The one and only Russian Blood Bowl League: RuBBL: http://rubbl.com.ru/

VonBlade
Twitter: @VonBlade

Postby VonBlade » 29 October 2015, 16:52

I don't mind the blitzer price upgrade. Strength is the most dominant stat in BB and the Orcs have Black Orcs and a Troll. *shrugs*

The other stuff though...
Through daring and lucky armour rolls, victory!

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 17:33

Nerfing the Orc roster with 90k Blitzers thus increasing the team value by 40k is certainly not a tiny nerf. Increasing the Troll cost by 10k would be a tiny nerf since that would only increase the team's value by 10k.

Additionally the Juggernaut skill being deliberately broken by making it mandatory is an across the board buff for Chaos and Elf teams since now their players which often take Wrestle cannot be punished by a player with Block + Juggs. Which race currently in the game would normally take Juggs more than any other? Orcs! Yet another terrible and poorly thought out change.

The game went to open beta nearly two months ago and many people have asked for an explanation of the Orc Blitzer change from the very first day. There has still been no explanation that makes any sense (it's a trick, there is none possible).

Also, regarding the Kick skill. This is working in an idiotic manner. That is about as kind as I can put it. You make a number of critical skills mandatory and in some cases breaking them (Juggernaut) as part of a plan to speed up the game but yet you require players to select their Kick player if they want to use it. Hey geniuses, they chose to put the Kick skill on a player and they put that player on the field in a spot eligible to use the skill. It's pretty safe to assume the want to use that player to Kick with.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 17:42

Please just admit your mistake and fix Orc Blitzers to their proper 80k cost.
Who says it was a mistake? You, others on the forum that have opinions on it like you? It doesn't matter that you or others think it was a mistake or not...how many times do we have to have to discussion? I'm fairly certain that Cyanide knows that there are a lot of people out there that don't like this change for whatever reason. Myself, personally, I could care less either way.

Point is, you can certainly express your opinion on WHY you think this change shouldn't have been implemented, but to come out and lay blame like "Please just admit your mistake" is pointless and only makes you look like an asshat. Give constructive thoughts and opinions. There is obviously a reason why they chose to make this change and should they care to share that or not is their choice. But, remember that they are not OBLIGATED to share that reasoning and you, me, or anyone else for that matter do not necessarily need to be included on that information, should they choose to not share it.

Maybe, just maybe if forum users were a little more polite in asking and offered some good views on the matter, they would be more willing to share the info of why. I know I would be way less willing to share, when all I ever see is negative posts, or hateful posts, or posts like above of just admit your mistake.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 29 October 2015, 18:11

I agree with Spydyr that it clearly wasn't a mistake. It was clearly an intentional design decision.

However, I expected more from Cyanide when they said they would give their reasoning. "Orcs are top tier" is the result/conclusion you drew from whatever numbers or discussions you had, not the reasoning informed by them. It's akin to, when asked why I think James Harden should have been the NBA MVP last season, I reply with "well I have some numbers, and they say he's the best." While technically it answers the question, it hardly explains or justifies my reasoning.

I would love to see your numbers by the way. The more data we have on how Blood Bowl is played, the better.

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 18:25

Maybe, just maybe if forum users were a little more polite in asking and offered some good views on the matter, they would be more willing to share the info of why. I know I would be way less willing to share, when all I ever see is negative posts, or hateful posts, or posts like above of just admit your mistake.
Maybe, just maybe more forum users should do what the project manager for BB2 himself (he introduces himself at 3:00) suggested we do at 29:40 of http://www.twitch.tv/focushomeinteractive/v/17244171 which was a live stream on release day where they showed off the game and answered some questions . He literally says, "Just tell us what you want. Just, you know, scream on the forums, send us mails, or whatever." So my feedback is exactly appropriate for what they've asked for (and deserve given their shoddy work).

For a good laugh (and cry) go to 28:52 of that same video where the project manager of BB2 gets asked, "will we be adding stats for individual players?" and replies with a confused, "uh... don't you have that already? Okay, maybe, no you... actually, yeah you have stats for individual players. Yeah, you can find your stats... we have that already." Has anyone found the secret way to access player statistics?

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 29 October 2015, 19:01

For a good laugh (and cry) go to 28:52 of that same video where the project manager of BB2 gets asked, "will we be adding stats for individual players?" and replies with a confused, "uh... don't you have that already? Okay, maybe, no you... actually, yeah you have stats for individual players. Yeah, you can find your stats... we have that already." Has anyone found the secret way to access player statistics?
Yes this is funny for sure and I've often wondered why they touted this version to be more heavily favored for running leagues and it's a well known thing that leagues want access to stats (and yes even individual player stats as well). But you don't see me on here ranting and telling Cyanide how wrong they are about it. It is what it is.

Should they offer us some more info on why they have raised the Orc blitzer value? Sure they most definitely should. Should they cater to every person that comes on ranting about how wrong it was that they raised that value. Who knows, but I don't blame them for not saying anything more on the matter.

The best solution (and I'm sure that most of us agree this most likely won't happen) is to start a sticky thread and ASK for opinions, test data, numbers, stats as to why the price should remain at the original point or stay at the new point. And make it known that the posts should be civil and not flaming rants or any other nonsense like that. It would be nice to have a good debate on this issue and then have them come to a decision based off of the results of that debate.

However, my original thought and post still stands. I don't believe that anything will happen as long as users keep posting things like "just admit you were wrong." That already puts them in a defensive mode.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

PaloLV

Postby PaloLV » 29 October 2015, 19:22

Honestly, at this point given the deliberate decision to break the Juggernaut skill combined with the Orc Blitzer nerf I think it's very likely the person in charge of balancing likes playing Elves and was traumatized one too many times in BB1 by an Orc Blitzer using Juggernaut to kill his Wrestle Elves.

I think the dumbest thing they've done in this game has to be the way they've implemented the Kick skill though. It slows the game down and there's plenty of people who will never figure this out and think it's broken forever unless they happen to visit the forums.

Return to “General”