Advice against Lizardmen

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
TonberryFeye

Advice against Lizardmen

Postby TonberryFeye » 30 November 2015, 17:48

I've been having a lot of trouble handling Lizardmen opponents, both as my Dwarfs and my new Dark Elf team.

It seems no matter how I play it, things go south very fast and they're scoring left and right. The DE just get smacked down by the Saurus and Krogixor, and Skinks are ruining my day time and again.

I just can't see the trick to breaking these guys. Can anyone shed some light on this?
"Blood Bowl is Latin for frustrating." -Wheezer44

PSN ID: TonberryFeye. Feel free to add me, just message where you're adding me from!

TheSpydyr

Re: Advice against Lizardmen

Postby TheSpydyr » 30 November 2015, 18:31

Depends on what race you playing against them at any given point. But the main theory is take the skinks out first and foremost. They can't score reliably at that point.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

VonBlade
Twitter: @VonBlade

Postby VonBlade » 30 November 2015, 23:29

As a DE player they are a little more bashy than most other Elf teams, yet with the capability to do the annoying dodging git stuff too. The runner's having 3 ST rather than the 2 ST of other Elf team catchers helps giving 2DBs against Skinks even if left near your own endzone. So, it's definitely worth giving a few tackle.

You'll never take on a bash team head to head, so you might as well make sure you can whoop Elves/Skinks/Skaven rather than try and skill up to survive against Chaos/Orc/etc teams. Tackle negates some of the stunty dodging hatred that is Skinks. Dodging away from the LOS leaves the Krox/Sauros with only a single blitz and, as said above, once the Skinks are dead the Lizzies aren't a scoring threat barring a complete miracle and you can do the Elf dodgy thing. They are the worst matchup (alongside Black Orcs) for Naggaroth's finest, but playing on the counter where your tackle zones/tackle skill can murder the Skinks and stay out of range of their ST4 guys, followed by being an Elf team and going over the top/behind them, really helps squeak out a few tight wins.
Through daring and lucky armour rolls, victory!

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 01 December 2015, 02:08

The runner's having 3 ST rather than the 2 ST of other Elf team catchers
Actually Wood Elves are the only Elf team with ST 2 Catchers.

SuperGnu

Postby SuperGnu » 02 December 2015, 02:32

my DE team was up against a Lizard team the other day and i just stayed out of his way and blocked him so he had to blitz to catch me. But then again we both did the TD polay and i belive the game endded 3-4 or 2-3 something like that to my favour. Was a weird game. If they play the box game they are really tough to beat as a dark elf as they tend to hide the skinks in a super box. All you can hope for is maybe get a shot at a skink or slow them so they can not advance more than a step at a time.

ghmongo

Postby ghmongo » 04 December 2015, 03:25

For Dwarves: Pray? Lizards is one of the worst matchups for Dorf out of the box and the matchup goes from bad (I'd say 3/7) to worse (almost 1/9) almost immediately once Sauri start getting skills. They run faster and hit harder. The only way I can see it working to your advantage is to get them to play the lame "clump-bash-repeat" game that Dorf is so good at playing. They can't afford to commit their entire team to playing the bash game the way Orcs and Chaos can, and your early to mid development advantage in Guard should play dividends if you manage to grind their tempo to a halt. Otherwise it's going to be a steep uphill climb.

For Dark Elf: Believe it or not, Dark Elf is a pretty bad matchup for Lizards. DE has access to four Blitzers (i.e. four players with AV8, MA7 and Block); Skinks don't like Blitzers, especially Blitzers that start with AG4 and can get Blodge by level 2. AV8 AG4 Linemen also make their Sauri work to get casualties (especially if the first skill they take is Fend). Dark Elves have more scoring options on offense, so it makes defending the entire pitch difficult for their players when any old lineman can catch a pass and run down the sideline for a score.

Don't be afraid to dodge away from an unfavorable situation - Sauri rely on being able to tie up your players and deliver 2D blocks repeatedly to create holes in the defense for their Skinks to scurry through. And don't be afraid to put immediate pressure on the ball; Skinks can't deal with Tackle Zones around loose balls (base AG3 doesn't play well in traffic).

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 04 December 2015, 05:24

2 skills, tackle and dodge.

Tackle murders skins, prevents stunty from being effective and increases cas rate on hits. You need at least 2 players with tackle.

Dodge is at its highest effectiveness against lizards, almost impossible to see a krog or skink with it. You will probably see some saurus take it but they are easy to out position as they have only ag1.

With dwarves spread out the longbeards so you always have a tackler nearby. With elves stack blodge and win.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 04 December 2015, 15:41

Tackle murders skins, prevents stunty from being effective and increases cas rate on hits. You need at least 2 players with tackle.
Tackle does nothing to Stunty. It only affects Dodge.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 04 December 2015, 23:33

Tackle does nothing to Stunty. It only affects Dodge.
Which prevents stunty from being effective.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 04 December 2015, 23:34

Which prevents stunty from being effective.
How so? You still ignore TZs with stunty.

Return to “General”