Time to quit?

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
TargaryenTantrum

Time to quit?

Postby TargaryenTantrum » 03 December 2015, 18:38

People who play Bloodbowl at a good level are always so pragmatic and detached from pixels as its often said, but I guess I wanted to just add my little piece to vent since Im so distraught

Lost a 4 ST 4 AG Blodge Dwarf Runner with Kick Off Return against a Kill Chaos team. He Blitzed me, got a POW into Stun then piled on With MB CLAW and killed him on Turn 2. Dead on the Pile on, apo, reroll into Dead. 6 Levels of awesomness wiped out in a blink of an eye.

I then dropped a fireball on 5 of his players as revenge, ALLof them resisted. Then I went to foul the pile on player and failed the GFI to get there. Quit out of the game.

And I think its time to quit from the game now, as I have now lost the will to play again.. Its been said a million times, but I was so invested in my Dwarf team, it was the only one I played over and over again. Over 85 games on that one team, and that Runner was the heart and soul of the team... 4 ST 4 AG
Last edited by TargaryenTantrum on 03 December 2015, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

selfy_74

Re: Time to quit?

Postby selfy_74 » 03 December 2015, 18:43

Have a word with yourself for fuck sake! Get a grip man. Then stop whinging and carry on.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 03 December 2015, 18:52

Second part of the OPs name says it all.

Add in the fact that CLAW (their caps not mine) didn't make a difference if they used PO to re-roll the Stun.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 03 December 2015, 18:54

People who play Bloodbowl at a good level are always so pragmatic and detached from pixels as its often said, but I guess I wanted to just add my little piece to vent since Im so distraught

Lost a 4 ST 4 AG Blodge Dwarf Runner with Kick Off Return against a Kill Chaos team. He Blitzed me, got a POW into Stun then piled on With MB CLAW and killed him on Turn 2. Dead on the Pile on, apo, reroll into Dead. 6 Levels of awesomness wiped out in a blink of an eye.

I then dropped a fireball on 5 of his players as revenge, ALLof them resisted. Then I went to foul the pile on player and failed the GFI to get there. Quit out of the game.

And I think its time to quit from the game now, as I have now lost the will to play again.. Its been said a million times, but I was so invested in my Dwarf team, it was the only one I played over and over again. Over 85 games on that one team, and that Runner was the heart and soul of the team... 4 ST 4 AG
STR4 AG4 Dwarf runners are the entire reason for casualties and aging. That kind of special player isn't mean to be rostered forever. If it makes you feel any better great players can die from a GFI or failed dodge into empty space as well :lol:

Machurto

Postby Machurto » 03 December 2015, 18:57

You can find solace in the fact that he died doing what he loved, killed by a beastman doing what he loves. Its heart warming, really.

And of course, being a dwarf team, never forget neither forgive. Chase that team and that beastman and play them until its dead body hits the turf.

Or, you know, spend another 80k and try to get a ST5 runner :-)

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 03 December 2015, 19:16

I hate to encourage people to leave the game, but it's probably best if you can no longer deal with "blood bowl" happening... It has happened for and against all of us.
And, I'm not trying to pile on here, but seriously, you should probably leave alone, rather than having you come to the forums and bring others down with you...

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 03 December 2015, 19:20

The truth is, only using 1die-six or even when using 2, coupled with the number of times you are making rolls each turn and each game, ANYTHING can and will happen...

It wasn't someone really dying, it was a character... And having a character like that wouldn't be so special if you always has several of players like that...

MattDakka

Postby MattDakka » 03 December 2015, 19:43

Welcome to Blood Bowl, where your precious players don't live forever.
If you are invested in your team you should not cry for the death of a player, no matter how special he is, and on the bright side your TV is lower now, you are going to play vs less dangerous teams.

Viviansen

Postby Viviansen » 03 December 2015, 19:49

Tamagotchi syndrome ? I've lost 3 Dark Elf Runners, a Lv 4 Witch Elf with Blodge, +1 STR and Sidestep and a few days ago another Lv4 Witch Elf. I've a total of 12 deaths in 26 games with this team. It's not about your players, it's about winning games. You love your players just because they can die. It's a fun part of the game.

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 03 December 2015, 20:03

And, as a Dwarf player, I'm sure sure that you never killed anyone else's really good players, and if you did, you probably felt terrible about it and vowed to never Block another opponent again...

Nobody is going to feel sorry for Dwarf or Chaos players losing players...

Return to “General”