Tie breaker system

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Koadah

Re: Tie breaker system

Postby Koadah » 19 January 2016, 00:56

I think the agi teams are streakier, but the data from MM doesn't point to that scoring potential leading to TD difference advantages. I'll try to do the same with OCC data soon (TM).
If you are mainly after wins rather than growth then there is not much advantage in going after big scores.

2-1 win is still a win and there is no end of season tie breaker to worry about. Once the win is in the bag protect your tea. There is no point risking injuries pressing for unneeded scores.
CaRBB

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 19 January 2016, 19:20

I think the agi teams are streakier, but the data from MM doesn't point to that scoring potential leading to TD difference advantages. I'll try to do the same with OCC data soon (TM).
If you are mainly after wins rather than growth then there is not much advantage in going after big scores.

2-1 win is still a win and there is no end of season tie breaker to worry about. Once the win is in the bag protect your tea. There is no point risking injuries pressing for unneeded scores.
In a league that only has a limited number of games (like the OCC 9 game season), tie breakers come up quite often to determine the league winner. In that case there is an advantage to trying to score more. It's always a balance between protecting your current lead and trying to increase it.

SlyAnimal

Postby SlyAnimal » 07 November 2016, 09:06

What is the tie breaking system in a round robin for when there is a 3 way draw on points?

e.g. A round robin with 4x players, with 3x players tied on 2-0-1 (And 1x player on 0-0-3)

Does it just default to random positions? As it seems like the front page only has a solution for a 2 way tie, not a 3 way tie.

Return to “General”