The missing star players

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
PIngwin

The missing star players

Postby PIngwin » 19 January 2016, 11:08

Does anyone know if Cyanide have any plans to release the missing star players?

I'm sure it would make a lot of players happier if they were to have the full complement of star players, especially for teams like skaven that tend to have low TVs and rely on their star players. And there's nothing like a chainsaw to level the playing field a bit against a well developed chaos or orc team.

twitch/the_sage_bb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theSagebb/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/the_Sage_BB

Re: The missing star players

Postby twitch/the_sage_bb » 19 January 2016, 12:32

Well, skaven are fine: their go-to inducements are a wizard and the babes (and with the big price drop, glart isn't half bad either). Sure, fezglitch would be nice, but they don't really need him to have effective inducements. I think orcs are the real victims here: 40k TV nerf AND no access to their top inducement: the chainsaw (and a ladder which favors concession-built clawpomb chaos to boot)? Poor, poor greenskins. :cry: Someone at cyanide really doesn't like orcs.
Content: Twitch / Youtube ; Updates: Facebook / Twitter
(because people with big banners are just compensating)

rinku

Postby rinku » 19 January 2016, 20:59

What, exactly, does an underdog Orc team need a chainsaw for? They're a high strength side with a balanced roster.

Cyanide appear to be releasing star players with expansion teams, so that each new team has some. That means some of the ones you may want now are going to have to wait. I for one would rather they get on with adding more teams (which they are) than having them put that on hold to fill out the star player roster.

I expect we will see Nobbla and the other Goblin secret weapons with the Goblin team, whenever that comes out.

RTSD

Postby RTSD » 20 January 2016, 01:21

What, exactly, does an underdog Orc team need a chainsaw for? They're a high strength side with a balanced roster.

Cyanide appear to be releasing star players with expansion teams, so that each new team has some. That means some of the ones you may want now are going to have to wait. I for one would rather they get on with adding more teams (which they are) than having them put that on hold to fill out the star player roster.

I expect we will see Nobbla and the other Goblin secret weapons with the Goblin team, whenever that comes out.
it's no excuse, they haven't finished the races they have released. Nuff said.

Darkson

Postby Darkson » 20 January 2016, 06:06

You answered your own question there - because they're the underdog.
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Home of the ARBBL
TalkFantasyFootball admin - PM me if you need help.
Nope, I was talking about a 0TTD on a Blitz! using TTM.

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 22 January 2016, 14:52

Chainsaws are great fouling pieces, and are really good for getting in early damage. This is especially important against clawpomb teams that like to leave their kill pieces on the ground.

sjaugust1

Postby sjaugust1 » 22 January 2016, 16:39

Wait cyanide has a plan?

PIngwin

Postby PIngwin » 23 January 2016, 14:12

Whether or not a particular star player is essential to a team is besides the point really.

I agree that getting more teams released should be a priority (behind fixing broken skills and the dodgy inducement system) but it would be nice to know if we will ever see the missing star players or if we are stuck with the few that we have already. If BB2 had all of the star players available then that would be a significant advantage of BB2 over BBCE.

Hoping that when goblins come out, we might see all of the secret weapon star players appear. Probably wishful thinking though.

Return to “General”