Community Update Norse

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Netheos
Administrateur

Community Update Norse

Postby Netheos » 07 March 2016, 14:02

Hey Coaches!

We've been super busy lately, so we thought it time to update you on what we have coming!

February was packed, with the last updates on consoles and launching the Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2016!

We're excited to announce that over 3000 unique players have registered for our World Cup. The community leagues have now started, along with the World Cup ladder which gives the opportunity for numerous players to showcase their skills. On the forum, you can find the current leaderboard for season 1.

Our next focus is on the Norse team, as well as several key features requested by the community.

With regards to the Norse team, as we’ve announced on other networks we are currently aiming at a release in the coming weeks.

The models and animations are ready, and the team is now undergoing numerous tests for polish. Check out this screenshot by the QA team working on our beloved Norse!

The other announced teams are coming in the following months. Don't expect one team each month, but we’re aiming for it to not take as long as the Norse have.

Our primary goal after release was to iron out the game according to community feedback. A lot has changed, with several major updates, and we'll now focus on the additional races (although we are still working on community feedback!).

Concerning the awaited features, we’re also pleased to announce a new matchmaking system based on the TV++, along with new Starplayers for the current races and numerous bug fixes, which will be implemented with the Norse update.

Developed with the help of several deeply-involved players in the community, such as Dode and Enarion, the new matchmaking system should have a positive impact on the ladder environments, especially on the Cabalvision Official League. We'll be writing up a more detailed post in the coming days regarding its functionality.

Have fun on the pitch,
Focus Home Interactive & Cyanide Studio
Focus Team

SquirrelDude

Re: Community Update Norse

Postby SquirrelDude » 07 March 2016, 14:31

Can we get details on which star players will be coming to the game? I'm not expecting chainsaws or bombers because that would require new mechanics, but some info on which star players will be joining the game would be nice.
we’re also pleased to announce a new matchmaking system based on the TV++

dode74

Postby dode74 » 07 March 2016, 14:33

Hehe - it's not just TV++. There's a little more to it than that. If it releases as it has been explained to me then it's not exactly how I would choose to do it, but it will be an improvement. I'll leave details until the announcement so I'm not spreading disinformation.

- Karma -

Postby - Karma - » 07 March 2016, 14:46

Can we get details on which star players will be coming to the game? I'm not expecting chainsaws or bombers because that would require new mechanics, but some info on which star players will be joining the game would be nice.
Frankly Chainsaws and Bombers are exactly what should be coming out IMO - at least Chainsaws, give a little something more for all those ridiculous TV Chaos teams to fear :D And Bombers? Well, just too much fun :lol:

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 07 March 2016, 14:57

Frankly Chainsaws and Bombers are exactly what should be coming out IMO - at least Chainsaws, give a little something more for all those ridiculous TV Chaos teams to fear :D And Bombers? Well, just too much fun :lol:
While probably true, I'm not going to hold my breath. Same thing for ball&chain pieces like Fezglitch.

There are plenty of stars missing for teams in the game that don't require those new mechanics.

Brets
- Any unique stars would be good here. Otherwise just missing human stars that are missing.
Chaos
- Lewdgrip Whiparm
- Lord Borak
Dorfs
- Zara the Slayer
Dark Elves
- Ithaca Benoin
High Elves
- Zara the Slayer
Humans
- Puggy Bacon Breath
- Zara the Slayer
Lizardmen
- Lottabottol
- Quetzal Leap
Orcs
- Everything remaining is secret weapons or pogo gobbos.
Skaven
- Skitter Stab-Stab
Wood Elves
- Willow Rosebark
- Zara the Slayer

Puggy, Lottabottol, and Quetzal are probably off the table due to requiring halfling or slann (hahahaha) models, but they wouldn't require new mechanics to be coded into the game.
Last edited by SquirrelDude on 07 March 2016, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

leksarius

Postby leksarius » 07 March 2016, 15:13

hairy men in shorts? this is the Nors? I was expecting a little more pathos

Dreamerbg

Postby Dreamerbg » 07 March 2016, 15:21

For a MM system I personally (as a new to the BB in general) would like to be something that 1st measures TVs and then coach level*

By coach LVL I mean (since I dont think there is reliable way to see which player is newbie and which isnt) to match teams with similar games. This means that 10 - 0 - 0 and 30 - 20 - 0 wont be matched at all. New teams and similar TV will face each other and OLD developed teams will do the same between them.

In addition you may have a hiden MMR for each team for easier implementation in MM system. Cuz coach with 10 wins in a row and coach with 3 wins 2 draws and 5 loses are clearly not the same then you may create a different multipliers for those stats to create the MMR.
Like - wins give 100 MMR points, Draws give 75 points and Loses 50 points (it may or may not have the same for concedes.

So lets say I have a team 1100 TV at 7 games with record 4-2-1. ( 600 MMR)
You can do the MM system to search for same games and MMR and same TV 1st then it spreads the TV to +/- 50 then the MMR to +/- 50 and so on until I am finally get an opponent who can be like 1140TV with record 3 - 3 - 1 (575MMR) or 1140TV with record 5 -2 -1 (700MMR). I guess at this point you already got what I mean - close as possible TVs and then if possible a coach with similar number of games and record (at his current team).

Apart from MM system and all the doubts in it I saw already I personally am super excited about Norse :) CANT WAIT to play them, get them new jursies and stuff :P

Lewise
Twitter: twitter.com/Lewpac22

Postby Lewise » 07 March 2016, 15:26

Great news Netheos thanks for the update!

Hopefully the new MM system will be monitored and if it turns out to need tweaking i'm sure it can be done rapidly.
Livestreaming bloodbowl 2 @ twitch.tv/lewpac22

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 07 March 2016, 15:27

New Starplayers:
- Ithaca Benoin
- Lewdgrip Whiparm
- Lottabottol
- Quetzal Leap
- Skitter Stab-Stab
- Willow Rosebark

For the Norse team:
- Icepelt Hammerblow
- Wilhelm Chaney
High Elves
- Prince Moranion

Dark Elves
- Hubris Rakarth
These two starplayers are already available in Blood Bowl 2.
Focus Team

SquirrelDude

Postby SquirrelDude » 07 March 2016, 15:31

These two starplayers are already available in Blood Bowl 2.
Must have missed them. I was working from memory and don't play Delves or High elves that often.
- Ithaca Benoin
- Lewdgrip Whiparm
- Lottabottol
- Quetzal Leap
- Skitter Stab-Stab
- Willow Rosebark

For the Norse team:
- Icepelt Hammerblow
- Wilhelm Chaney
Too bad that we still aren't getting Lord Borak for Chaos or Zara for a bunch of teams, but the surprise of getting SLANN :o star players in the game easily balances that out. Can't wait to see what the new models look like.

Thanks for the update.
Last edited by SquirrelDude on 07 March 2016, 17:21, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “General”