New Matchmaking System

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
licker34

Re: New Matchmaking System

Postby licker34 » 13 January 2017, 23:52

deadmanreloaded wrote:i wanna know why my new team played its first game against someone 3 games in then my second game against someone 7 games strong with lvled up players that I cannot compete with changes have got to be made plus try getting a decent dice roll generator

You got matched in those games because those were the closest teams to you in the draw pool. You should note that the number of games doesn't matter, what matters are the TVs of the teams. Though yes, more games does correlate with more TV (to a point), one vs. three is largely irrelevant.

The 2 vs. 7 is worse, but the alternative was to have a system where you wait hours to get a 'perfect' game.

If you're concerned about the die roll generator than you should start a petition to get it changed to whatever you think is better.

deadmanreloaded

Postby deadmanreloaded » 03 February 2017, 21:02

there needs to be some sort of update which limits the number of journeyman you can receive I just finished a game against a highly skilled team in my first outing with a new team because teams can just sack there lineman or wait till they get killed and play at lower lvl team values completely stupid

dode74

Postby dode74 » 03 February 2017, 21:23

deadmanreloaded wrote:there needs to be some sort of update which limits the number of journeyman you can receive I just finished a game against a highly skilled team in my first outing with a new team because teams can just sack there lineman or wait till they get killed and play at lower lvl team values completely stupid
Journeymen should count towards TV. We're hoping that will be fixed soon.

Javelin

Postby Javelin » 03 February 2017, 22:26

What do you mean? Journeymen already count towards TV. I've had to play with 7-4 journeyman my last 10 matches because of horrible player attrition, and they certainly count towards my TV. They also suck at everything. I want some journeymen elves!

Hudd

Postby Hudd » 03 February 2017, 22:47

In BB1 there were loads of people min-maxing. This is where you run about 5 super experienced guys and no other players at all. This might give you a TV of 1000 before journeymen are added, and a TV of 1450 after.

Problem was that the software matched you as if you had TV 1000, then gave the other 450 inducements later - which was hardly fair. Rookie teams found themselves up against Claw pombers and multiple blodgers.

I have seen no one doing this on COL/BB2 at all. Are people slow to catch on (unlikely) or is the 6 week season not long enough to min-max to full effect? Or have I just been lucky? Or is this not an issue in BB2? :)

dode74

Postby dode74 » 03 February 2017, 23:19

Javelin wrote:What do you mean? Journeymen already count towards TV. I've had to play with 7-4 journeyman my last 10 matches because of horrible player attrition, and they certainly count towards my TV. They also suck at everything. I want some journeymen elves!
Not for matching purposes they don't.

dtbilek

Postby dtbilek » 04 February 2017, 03:47

They never fixed the journeyman TV bug? I thought they claimed to have done so.

Back to running a 7 man roster I guess?

August590

Postby August590 » 05 February 2017, 19:57

Hi I am thinking about getting the game but I am pretty new to blood bowl. I have one question? How many people are online daily? PS4 is the platform I will be getting it on. Thank you for reading and have a great day.

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 06 February 2017, 03:42

August590 wrote:Hi I am thinking about getting the game but I am pretty new to blood bowl. I have one question? How many people are online daily? PS4 is the platform I will be getting it on. Thank you for reading and have a great day.

Don't know the exact #s, but PS4 has a very active community, both in the Cabalvision league and several private leagues.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 06 February 2017, 10:48

dtbilek wrote:They never fixed the journeyman TV bug? I thought they claimed to have done so.

Journeymen count in the TV but not in the TV taken into account for matchmaking.

It's a bug and will be fixed with the next update (Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri) mid-February.
Focus Team

Return to “General”