As announced in our community Norse update, the patch introducing the Norse team will also bring several features awaited by the community. This includes new Star Players for the current races and numerous bug fixes, along with a new matchmaking system in ladder competitions.
This new matchmaking system is based on the TV++. It's been developed in a way that gives us a lot of options to modify its formula and key parameters. Thanks to these new tools, it will evolve according to your feedback and the data recorded after its release.
- The new matchmaking system works with a draw system. A pool is created with all the team looking for an opponent. Every 2 minutes, the system tries to make the best pair with the team registered in this pool.
- The value used by the system to make these pairs is TV + R * (W - L) with :
- TV : Team Value
- W : Number of win for this specific team
- L : Number of loss for this specific team
- R : 50
- If a player has been waiting for too long (based on a factor * processing time for this competition), this player will have a priority to be paired. This parameter is currently set to 5 since the Undead update (After the second draw, the player has priority).
- There is a maximum TV difference applied to the matchmaking formula (500 since the Undead update). Two teams with a TV difference higher than this cannot be paired.
The processing time (currently 5 minutes), the factor R (50 by default), the priority factor (2 by default) and the maximum TV difference (currently 500 by default) can all be set easily, allowing the system to evolve over time, according to your feedback.
We're still working on refining the algorithm and we'd also like to take into account the TV++ for the inducements in ladder.
Do let the team know what you think!
Have fun on the pitch,
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive