goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
mordrek

Re: goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed

Postby mordrek » 18 January 2017, 07:47

goblinSpy uses cyanide inflictedTackles

BB2Stats seems to use cyanide inflictedTackles as "good" blocks (it has internal calculation of blocks causing armor roll, but that isn't used).
It calculates "bad" blocks based on block dice and skills (so both down is bad unless you have block or wrestle. Checking for jugger also but it shouldn't be checked on unless it's a blitz action).
It calculates "neutral" blocks based on block action that is not bad and does not cause armor roll.

So actual armor roll causing blocks should be ("Good blocks"-"Neutral blocks") then I guess?
In theory yes, but I looked at the stats I counted and BB2stats reports for the one team more neutral blocks than good blocks, and for the dwarve team this would result in 11 knock down, which is not right.
Yes, looks very odd.
Checked another game and there the theory is correct (as far as one can see from the web replay).

Checked the code again and it counts rerolled blocks as neutral (the original dice that was rerolled counts as a single neutral block, and the reroll results counts as good/neutral/bad depending on what is selected).
That is however not enough to account for the strange number here unless all good blocks where instead counted as neutral (but I can't see how that would happen).

Anyway, I'm not gonna spend time debugging this, but perhaps I should remove that stat.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 19 January 2017, 12:54

Anyway, I'm not gonna spend time debugging this, but perhaps I should remove that stat.
I would not remove the stat if I were you, just label it as what cyanide reports, so as neutral + good blocks + turnover blocks from the opponent.

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 19 January 2017, 16:47

Hi, everyone. Does this mean that we can now pull stats for individual players?
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 19 January 2017, 16:58

yes playerstats are grabbed but prioritized after matches and I havent verified the numbers.
Feel free to help check them :)

If database grows too big i might also delete old playerstats

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 19 January 2017, 17:21

yes playerstats are grabbed but prioritized after matches and I havent verified the numbers.
Feel free to help check them :)

If database grows too big i might also delete old playerstats
Awesome! I'll definitely have a look later. Thanks!
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 19 January 2017, 19:21

Just ran a query for the competition "[PS4] MML, S6 - NSC/IL." Unfortunately, the players that are listed for each team are not on those teams...in fact, I'm confident that many, if not all of them are not even in the competition...or even in the MML at all. Also, the races listed correctly match with the team names, but there are mismatches between the player positions and the race. For instance, a Treeman is listed as an orc, etc.

I am very excited about the future of this program, however. Right now, when a team leaves a competition, you can no longer sort his stats by that competition in game; you can either sort by the competition he is currently in or total stats. This has long caused the MMLproblems in trying to reach back and see a player's stats for a particular past season, since each of our seasons is played within its own competition. However, it looks like when your program is fully operational, I will be able to reach back and pull data for an individual player filtered only by games played within a particular comp, right?

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 19 January 2017, 20:45

Just ran a query for the competition "[PS4] MML, S6 - NSC/IL." Unfortunately, the players that are listed for each team are not on those teams...
hm, when looking at the match the first match there it appears the whole orc team is listed as the elf team and vice versa.
All the games I've checked on PC so far seems OK, but the PS4 platform seems to be mixed up.
Will investigate this.

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 19 January 2017, 21:15

Seems to be an issue with the reported matches on platform PS4.
I'll report this and I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.
It will unfortunately only start working for future games when it's done (unless I rebuild stuff, but I don't think it's worth going back in time because it will keep the server busy for so little gain).

Thanks for the bug report!

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 19 January 2017, 21:33

Seems to be an issue with the reported matches on platform PS4.
I'll report this and I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.
It will unfortunately only start working for future games when it's done (unless I rebuild stuff, but I don't think it's worth going back in time because it will keep the server busy for so little gain).

Thanks for the bug report!
ok thx

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 20 January 2017, 15:22

ok thx
Cyanide has fixed the issue now so next collected game should be correct

Return to “General”