goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Miraskadu

Re: goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed

Postby Miraskadu » 15 January 2017, 02:34

Is there a way to check what race is/was the most popular in a league/competition?
How do you define popular? Most teams made? Most games played?

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 15 January 2017, 08:11

I guess I'm looking for the total amount of matches played by each race.

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 15 January 2017, 09:06

I guess I'm looking for the total amount of matches played by each race.
Racewins query. look at the second table.
The secong GP is Total Games Played for the race as one participant.

Or query League Standings top/race.
The Count at the end is number of teams of that race.

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 15 January 2017, 10:06

Ah, nice! Didn't realize there was a total summy refering to that. Good stuff.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 17 January 2017, 16:42

Hi mordrek,

short question which data line do you use for you block calculation in the statgrabber, so for the three number successful blocks, neutral blocks, and failed blocks.

The successful blocks, seems to be the number that cyanide reports back at the end of the game and is listed team.X.inflictedtackles.

What I noticed when literally going through a replay by hand and counting the blocks, this number seems to come from all block dice to not result in a turnover, so knock-down block plus neutral blocks, and the failed blocks from the opposition, which resulted in a turn-over.

The other two numbers i can find after I had a look through the data.

cheers,

Miraskadu

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 17 January 2017, 17:06

Hi mordrek,

short question which data line do you use for you block calculation in the statgrabber, so for the three number successful blocks, neutral blocks, and failed blocks.

The successful blocks, seems to be the number that cyanide reports back at the end of the game and is listed team.X.inflictedtackles.

What I noticed when literally going through a replay by hand and counting the blocks, this number seems to come from all block dice to not result in a turnover, so knock-down block plus neutral blocks, and the failed blocks from the opposition, which resulted in a turn-over.

The other two numbers i can find after I had a look through the data.

cheers,

Miraskadu

Hi. wow you figured out that number given by cyanide! :) I didnt see where that number came from so i just kept it since it seemed almost correct.
successful and failed ones are calculated by going through the replay and checking if a block is followed by an armor roll (and if so for what player). im sure im missing some corner cases there (replay file is a bit confusing at times) but i think the accuracy is pretty ok at least

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 17 January 2017, 17:11

hm. i got unsure here. it might be that i checked block dices made and compared skills. :/ on my phone so cant check

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 17 January 2017, 17:18

hm. i got unsure here. it might be that i checked block dices made and compared skills. :/ on my phone so cant check
Ok, no worries. Yeah, the number of cyanide was always the thing bugging me. Just have a look at it when you come home.

mordrek

Postby mordrek » 17 January 2017, 21:01

Ok, no worries. Yeah, the number of cyanide was always the thing bugging me. Just have a look at it when you come home.
goblinSpy uses cyanide inflictedTackles

BB2Stats seems to use cyanide inflictedTackles as "good" blocks (it has internal calculation of blocks causing armor roll, but that isn't used).
It calculates "bad" blocks based on block dice and skills (so both down is bad unless you have block or wrestle. Checking for jugger also but it shouldn't be checked on unless it's a blitz action).
It calculates "neutral" blocks based on block action that is not bad and does not cause armor roll.

So actual armor roll causing blocks should be ("Good blocks"-"Neutral blocks") then I guess?

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 17 January 2017, 23:12

goblinSpy uses cyanide inflictedTackles

BB2Stats seems to use cyanide inflictedTackles as "good" blocks (it has internal calculation of blocks causing armor roll, but that isn't used).
It calculates "bad" blocks based on block dice and skills (so both down is bad unless you have block or wrestle. Checking for jugger also but it shouldn't be checked on unless it's a blitz action).
It calculates "neutral" blocks based on block action that is not bad and does not cause armor roll.

So actual armor roll causing blocks should be ("Good blocks"-"Neutral blocks") then I guess?
In theory yes, but I looked at the stats I counted and BB2stats reports for the one team more neutral blocks than good blocks, and for the dwarve team this would result in 11 knock down, which is not right.

Return to “General”