Community Update 04/01/17

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Tenkin

Re: Community Update 04/01/17

Postby Tenkin » 26 January 2017, 19:53

- The ability to seed knockout tournament brackets
- Allowing commissioners to manually set match scores, SPP awards, etc
That's on the to-do list.
Good to hear. Thank you!
Saving progress in matches before disconnects so matches can be resumed
That's on the list in singleplayer, but it would be dangerous in multiplayer because it means players having save files stored on their computer, meaning they could alter it and cheat.
Why can't this be saved on your end? I imagine the overall amount of data storage this would require would be small.
if you wanted to do it client side would it be that hard to have it stored on both client systems (updating as he game is played) and have he game compare the two files to validate it for continuation? or at least use this for a "I've got to run can we save this and finish it later" situation

Robmonster

Postby Robmonster » 26 January 2017, 20:33

What happens to your team if you can never get the game recommenced?

Gorthaur

Postby Gorthaur » 27 January 2017, 07:05

I'll definitely be getting these two teams, hopefully next teams we get are amazons and elven union (I love the harlequin cyber elf stuff). That way the elves are finished off for good, and we have a female centered team.

I kind of wish they reskinned the flies/beetles that fly around the mummies to work for the Nurgle team. The warriors and rotbeast should have some flies buzzing around em, flies are always drawn to the decay of Nurgle followers. I don't know if the devs have the time for an aesthetic touch like that, but it would add a lot to the aesthetic of that team.

Gediablo

Postby Gediablo » 30 January 2017, 14:16

We're currently polishing these two teams and we're aiming at a release in a few weeks on consoles & PC/Mac! More details about the exact release date in the coming weeks ;)
Posting the above message in the quote, and not only not having released the two teams 4 weeks later, but not even having announced the release date at that point - that is poor community management in my eyes! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I want to schedule a tournament when these teams are available, but I want to know when I can schedule the tournament start. If the teams are released in April we might as well play another tournament first. The lack of info might result in no tournaments at all in this case. :(

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 30 January 2017, 14:28

There will be a "What's Next" event by Focus on February 1-2, there will be a big announcement made there and I'm sure your question will be answered as well. So get a little bit of patience, it's going to be soon.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 30 January 2017, 14:48

We are aiming at releasing Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri DLCs with the launch of the Champion Ladder season 4, February 15th.

The update is currently going through console certification process. It should go well, but we prefer to have the final approval from Sony and Microsoft before announcing the date on social networks.
Focus Team

Proxi Winther Rex

Postby Proxi Winther Rex » 30 January 2017, 15:51

We are aiming at releasing Chaos Dwarfs and Khemri DLCs with the launch of the Champion Ladder season 4, February 15th.

The update is currently going through console certification process. It should go well, but we prefer to have the final approval from Sony and Microsoft before announcing the date on social networks.
Bless my black soul.... :D
Cyanide has become informative :shock: :shock:

This actually sounds good, but I would like to know, if anybody knows an approximate price for the teams...

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 30 January 2017, 16:02

Bless my black soul.... :D
Cyanide has become informative :shock: :shock:

This actually sounds good, but I would like to know, if anybody knows an approximate price for the teams...
They'll be sold as 2 separated DLCs priced 6.99€ each.
Focus Team

Skode

Postby Skode » 30 January 2017, 20:05

Just a couple of weeks left to go then. Nice one - not even sure which team I'm gonna get stuck into first :D

Gediablo

Postby Gediablo » 30 January 2017, 21:57

Thanks for info - much appreciated!
They'll be sold as 2 separated DLCs priced 6.99€ each.
Do you need to buy these if you already got the game, or are the DLC prices only for those buying the game after the DLC was released (like it was with the other races non-core races)?

Return to “General”