Let's add some "silly" teams next!

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Mr Suplex

Let's add some "silly" teams next!

Postby Mr Suplex » 05 January 2017, 20:34

I was really happy to see that Blood Bowl 2 is being supported beyond the initial promise of the Undead, Necromantic, and Nurgle teams. Thank you for that!

Is it possible for the next round of teams to be some of the "silly" teams like Goblins, Vampires, Halflings, and Ogres? I really think that is a key type of team that is missing right now, and adding 1-2 teams like this would probably add the greatest value to the game at this point.

PatGhostwalker

Re: Let's add some "silly" teams next!

Postby PatGhostwalker » 07 January 2017, 16:43

+1 to this. Amazons would be good as well.

Skode

Postby Skode » 08 January 2017, 01:15

+1 to this. Amazons would be good as well.
Not sure I'd group the Amazon's with the bottom tier maddies as they're a good team - the others the OP listed have clear and blatant flaws. They are my most desired team to be added though. I'd maybe also consider Chaos Pact a silly team, they're bloody deadly developers but not for the faint hearted coaches to try and master that's for sure.

The question again though which is maybe swaying decisions is "would you pay for them?". Halflings are great for a laugh but how many would pay good money for a team with low real competitive prospects.

Nevking638

Postby Nevking638 » 08 January 2017, 07:42

I would definitely pay for halfings..

Sephiroth

Postby Sephiroth » 08 January 2017, 18:36

They could bundle Halflings and Ogres for the price of one race.
They already have Treeman and Ogre models and animations, so it's less work to be done.
And it's cheaper for the players to pay for non-competitive teams.

Skode

Postby Skode » 09 January 2017, 04:07

They could bundle Halflings and Ogres for the price of one race.
They already have Treeman and Ogre models and animations, so it's less work to be done.
And it's cheaper for the players to pay for non-competitive teams.
You could have said that for a few of the dlc teams yet consoles got no discount. I guess full price is fair thinking about it like that - PC players have had to pay squat so if they want the lower tier teams they should cough up for then or lose out till a sale. The pc community needs to start supporting the devs at some point.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 09 January 2017, 05:46

I would say that since the silly teams will probably sell less, we will unfortunately need to wait till last.

In the meantime at least the next 2 teams have ag2 ball carriers, thats at least a little bit silly.

Really cant wait for vamps though!

Sephiroth

Postby Sephiroth » 09 January 2017, 09:27

I would say that since the silly teams will probably sell less, we will unfortunately need to wait till last.

In the meantime at least the next 2 teams have ag2 ball carriers, thats at least a little bit silly.

Really cant wait for vamps though!

You don't need to carry the ball with a centaur if you don't want to, lol.

plasmoid

Postby plasmoid » 09 January 2017, 10:47

It has been stated before on these forums that 5 more teams were already coded into Cyanides files:
Khemri, CDs, Ogres, Vamps and Khorne.
They just released 2 of those.
If that is a hint of what is to come, than we'll be getting silly teams soon enough :D

Skode

Postby Skode » 09 January 2017, 18:27

It has been stated before on these forums that 5 more teams were already coded into Cyanides files:
Khemri, CDs, Ogres, Vamps and Khorne.
They just released 2 of those.
If that is a hint of what is to come, than we'll be getting silly teams soon enough :D
Do you have a source? I believe you but I'd only heard previously of CD and Khemri being in there and both are now near ready for release.

Return to “General”