Season 3 ranking update

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
CalciumCas
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CalciumBB/

Re: Season 3 ranking update

Postby CalciumCas » 08 January 2017, 01:06

The new formula looks great...

I haven't got a bloody clue what the hell you're on about to be fair, and my 4-0-0 chaos are like 'WTF dude' but I'm loving the seasons as opposed to the perpetual league, and loving the concession penalties....Now if my PS4 would stop crashing....
The most dangerous coach in BB history and PS4 great white shark https://www.twitch.tv/calciumcas
Season VII bluescreen tally : 2 (1 in a finals game!)

Reneg8d

Postby Reneg8d » 15 January 2017, 02:16

Now I have 10 -4-3 and the batter team have 10 -3-4 ,are you sure this is ok?
Attachments
ok ok.jpg
ok ok.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 15 January 2017, 06:39

You're just seeing the problem with valuing concession wins as less than full wins without the display showing the difference. It means more of your 10 wins were from concession than the other guy's, so your record is worse even though it looks better.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 15 January 2017, 10:58

You're just seeing the problem with valuing concession wins as less than full wins without the display showing the difference. It means more of your 10 wins were from concession than the other guy's, so your record is worse even though it looks better.
The S3 ranking system is not supposed to value concession wins differently from full-game wins. There was a glitch when the S3 system was implemented, however. Some teams' full records weren't showing on the leaderboard. Just speculating here, but maybe the 10-3-4 team actually has a better record that is influencing the rankings but not being fully displayed?
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 15 January 2017, 11:15

The S3 ranking system is not supposed to value concession wins differently from full-game wins.
It is supposed to factor in concession by way of penalizing you for concession losses, rather. It remains the same - the formula is not exclusively based on raw W/D/L, but it does not display some of the information the ranking is based on, so you'll run into things like this where the records, eyeballed, don't make sense.

If team ranked 64 has concession losses while the team ranked 63 does not, it's entirely possible to have a higher viewable W/D/L record for 64 than 63.
There was a glitch when the S3 system was implemented, however.
Every season in an ongoing glitch. Learn to live and love the comedy of errors.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 15 January 2017, 11:41

First, I don't think the concessions part of the NonConcedeBonus is implemented and that it simply adds 0.02 per match whether you conceded or not.

Second, the score for 10-4-3 is 57.8 and for 10-3-4 is 55.43. Even if all 3 losses from the first record were concessions and didn't have the 0.02 per match added it should be higher in the rankings than the second.

I'll get in touch with Cyanide to see what the issue is.

Reneg8d

Postby Reneg8d » 15 January 2017, 12:16

Second, the score for 10-4-3 is 57.8 and for 10-3-4 is 55.43. Even if all 3 losses from the first record were concessions and didn't have the 0.02 per match added it should be higher in the rankings than the second.
This 3 losses from the first record, weren't from concessions. :roll:

dode74

Postby dode74 » 15 January 2017, 12:17

This 3 losses from the first record, weren't from concessions. :roll:
I wasn't suggesting that they were, simply saying that even if they were it wouldn't explain the discrepancy.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 15 January 2017, 12:41

My suspicion is that the coach did what many coaches naturally do & checked the leaderboard immediately
after his last match - saw the discrepancy, took a PrtSc & came on here to post the query - i find that the
leaderboard takes several seconds to update the rankings after a game even if the updated team record is
up to date. It's worth checking out just to be sure but we've had it before where a simple screen refresh
usually does the trick.

EDIT: - looks like both teams have played since, so i can't demonstrate the above :?

Retrocausality

Postby Retrocausality » 06 March 2017, 15:40

Is this formula still in use?

I've been trying to work out why new teams that have only played (and won) a single game (i.e a W-D-L record of 1-0-0) would be above my elf team that have played 10 and won half of them ( W-D-L record of 5-2-3 ).

I've tried inputting the above numbers into Windows Calculator but I guess I must be doing something wrong because the final numbers I get would put my elves above the new teams.

According to my calculations...

WDL of 1-0-0 equates to 0.4 league points (roughly)
WDL of 5-2-3 equates to 1.3 league points (roughly)

It's a complex formula to try to program into Calc, so I'm fully aware that I've almost certainly programmed it wrongly.

Could someone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “General”