Banned for conceding due to technical issues with camera

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
tyrannosaurus69

Banned for conceding due to technical issues with camera

Postby tyrannosaurus69 » 20 January 2017, 19:17

I've had one of my teams banned for conceding more than 5 times. However, most of these concessions were due to an unresolved technical issue where the camera zooms in and stays stuck, no matter what I do [yes, I've tried everything]. So, when this bug happens, am I supposed to carry on playing even though the game is completely unplayable? It just happened again on a different team BTW. Seems a little unfair.

dode74

Re: Banned for conceding due to technical issues with camera

Postby dode74 » 20 January 2017, 19:20

You can play in Open Ladder until the issue is resolved.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 20 January 2017, 19:52

I've had one of my teams banned for conceding more than 5 times. However, most of these concessions were due to an unresolved technical issue where the camera zooms in and stays stuck, no matter what I do [yes, I've tried everything]. So, when this bug happens, am I supposed to carry on playing even though the game is completely unplayable? It just happened again on a different team BTW. Seems a little unfair.
The problem is there is not really a way to verify your claim. So the admins have to stick to the 5 concede rule.

tyrannosaurus69

Postby tyrannosaurus69 » 20 January 2017, 21:26

The problem is there is not really a way to verify your claim. So the admins have to stick to the 5 concede rule.
Other than the fact I posted a month ago with the camera problem? My two other teams have just been booted from the Champ Ladder, silly of me to post a problem on here and expect a resolution really.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 20 January 2017, 22:10

There may well be some kind of bug but according to your thread
no one else seems to have shared it to your extent which is strange.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=8238

So you've hit Esc & nothing happens?
You're on Win 10 & it runs ok?
You've reinstalled & no joy?
You've tried with an alternate mouse & keyboard?

If all these come up with nothing you must contact the QA guys directly.
PM Focus_GuillaumeQA & he'll help with further checks & request more info.

If it was happening to me i'd be mad too, but you can't discount that it may well
be a problem on your end.
In the meantime you'll have to accept that it's certainly unfair on your opponents
in a competition - I hope you can appreciate why we need to keep you out of CCL for now.

fluffyburrito

Postby fluffyburrito » 20 January 2017, 23:32

I've had your bug before where the camera freezes super close and doesn't go away but I've always managed to work around it.

Sometimes I wait 45-seconds to a minute and it fixes itself.

The other times this happens I will type in that I have to restart the game due to the bug and alt-tab, close the game, then re-launch and re-connect.

tyrannosaurus69

Postby tyrannosaurus69 » 20 January 2017, 23:48

I've had your bug before where the camera freezes super close and doesn't go away but I've always managed to work around it.

Sometimes I wait 45-seconds to a minute and it fixes itself.

The other times this happens I will type in that I have to restart the game due to the bug and alt-tab, close the game, then re-launch and re-connect.
Good for you; it never sorted itself out for me, and I assumed that if I disconnected it would concede the game automatically. I've posted on here and on the Steam forums about the problem. A shame you didn't take the time to respond to my post where I asked for solutions to this problem.

Also, it doesn't really help the fact that I have been banned from a competition due to a technical issue.

Mercy Flush

Postby Mercy Flush » 20 January 2017, 23:58

Don't get annoyed with coaches who are trying to help, it just makes you look like a prima donna.
If you actually want this to be resolved, please try again what everyone on this & the other thread suggest.
If you just want to cry & moan, carry on.

tyrannosaurus69

Postby tyrannosaurus69 » 21 January 2017, 00:49

Don't get annoyed with coaches who are trying to help, it just makes you look like a prima donna.
If you actually want this to be resolved, please try again what everyone on this & the other thread suggest.
If you just want to cry & moan, carry on.
I want to be re-instated, as it wasn't my fault I had to concede. Try to be less condescending with your posts and you might find people get less annoyed. I've tried everything that has been suggested to fix the problem and it still happens, as I said in my OP. Move along.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 January 2017, 01:02

You won't be reinstated as the ruling applies regardless of fault. I suggest you follow the advice given and get in touch with Focus_Guillaume to try and sort the issue out.

Return to “General”