The Legendary Edition of Blood Bowl 2 has been announced at Le What's Next de Focus, our press event last week. We're pleased to finally unveil all the info about this new edition!
2017 – we’re aiming at this summer but depending on how the tests go, it may be a bit delayed. We have some complicated features on the list (rez mode for example) and we want to implement them correctly. We'd prefer a slight delay than a messy launch.
PC/Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- For new players: the Legendary Edition with ALL the content of Blood Bowl 2 at the price of a full game. Contains BB2 base game + Team Pack (Wood Elf/Lizardmen/Nurgle/Norse/Necromantic/Undead/Chaos Dwarfs/Khemri) + Official Expansion.
- For existing owners of BB2: the Official Expansion content for the price of a big DLC.
Full compatibility between the 2 versions. Most small features and quality of life changes will be available to all BB2 players, even those who didn't purchase the Official Expansion.
Content of the Official Expansion
- 8 new races
- Pro Elves
- Kislev (based on the rules of Slanns)
- For a total of 24 races (the current 14 + Chaos Dwarfs + Khemri + 8 new)
- Swiss system competition
- Resurrection Mode
- No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.
- Team Editor
- Choose a race and get unlimited gold, as well as the option to add any skill/stat/injury.
- These teams get a tag “custom team” which can be banned from a league.
- Our goal with the combo “team editor + resurrection mode + Swiss system” is to give the opportunity to players to experience the rules played on tabletop.
- New solo campaign mode
- Any race.
- Perpetual campaign.
- You have a map where you can go from a competition to another.
- Less cinematics/story and more freedom.
- A brand new stadium based on the “Khemri” theme
- Mercenary teams
- Teams composed of players picked from different races.
- Several groups of teams you can pick your players from (i.e “Elf team” = Pro Elf, WE, HE, DE).
- These teams will also have a specific tag – they won’t be allowed in Champion Ladder for example.
- Star Player team
- Teams composed of 16 Starplayers.
- These teams will have a specific tag as well.
- New chat tab in a league
- Accessible by all coaches with a team registered in the league.
- Post-match chat
- You can discuss with your opponent even after the end of the game, as long as you stay on the “end of the match” screen.
- Manual seeding in competitions.
- Possibility to play a league with a mix of human players and AI teams.
- AI enhancement
- The AI will now takes into account the current turn of the game (and not cross the pitch with dwarfs at turn 16).
- Optional skills
- It’s been discussed a lot with the community – more skills will be optional (Kick, Pass, Grab, Side Step, Dodge, Tackle, Fend, Tentacles, Stand Firm, Break Tackle).
- Free Camera Mode
- Save during a singleplayer match.
- Option to deactivate ageing in solo.
- Enhanced Competition Administration
- Possibility to admin a match in details (to decide TDs, injuries, SPP…)
- A pause system in multiplayer
- 3 pauses per player per game.
- No time limit to a pause.
- Any player can unpause at anytime during a pause (even 5 seconds after a player paused).
- Players can use the chat during the pause.
- FAME displayed during a match
- New cheerleader models (not one per team, but a bit more diversity).
- Cheerleaders will have the same colors as the team they're supporting.
- Option to display the tooltip in dices probability (“2+” instead of “83%”).
- A lot more Starplayers
- We aim at 50 Starplayers total.
- They won't all have a "premium skin" but we want to make them all available gameplay-wise.
- Option to mute chat in match
- Option to ban players from a competition in-game.
- A lot of other small things – mainly “quality of life” improvements.
A few screenshots to ease your wait! The bear is Kislev's big guy
Have fun on the pitch,