Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
VoodooMike

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Postby VoodooMike » 12 February 2017, 18:45

Well, as of this morning the BB2 config file lists the following races:

Amazon
Bretonnia
Chaos
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Elf
Goblin
Halfling
Human
High Elf
Khemri
Kislev
Khorne
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Nurgle
Orgre
Orc
Skaven
Slaanesh
Undead
Underworld
Vampire
Wood Elf

Which includes Khorne and Slaanesh (!?) and most recently added is Kislev. No Pact, to date.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

retr0vertig0

Postby retr0vertig0 » 12 February 2017, 20:05

Is all this L:E only?

For example, you cant mute anyone if you dont purchase this edition?

St. Cloud

Postby St. Cloud » 12 February 2017, 20:12

retr0vertig0 wrote:Is all this L:E only?

For example, you cant mute anyone if you dont purchase this edition?

this is unknown i think. It might be on the list of stuff they add into the vanilla BB2.

TheSpydyr

Postby TheSpydyr » 13 February 2017, 04:03

VoodooMike wrote:Well, as of this morning the BB2 config file lists the following races:

Amazon
Bretonnia
Chaos
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Elf
Goblin
Halfling
Human
High Elf
Khemri
Kislev
Khorne
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Nurgle
Orgre
Orc
Skaven
Slaanesh
Undead
Underworld
Vampire
Wood Elf

Which includes Khorne and Slaanesh (!?) and most recently added is Kislev. No Pact, to date.

I know what the config file shows...and IIRC the Khonre have been there since the release of the game. I am just telling you what I think I remember seeing in an article somewhere. I want to say it was one of the Q&A's with Cyanide pre-release.
Spydyr

The RNG is not broken, you are not "the unluckiest coach in the world" and the computer does not cheat, you just suck.

Twitch
YouTube

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 13 February 2017, 05:15

TheSpydyr wrote:I know what the config file shows...and IIRC the Khonre have been there since the release of the game.

Sure, but some of those were not... which means this isn't some file or even a list that has been stagnant since development - it's something that has been updated as recently as two weeks ago.

In their AMA they said their design team made an original roster in BB1 and again in BB2 with the brets, and are looking forward to doing it again. I'm not sure why they'd retire Khorne... or put it in their config without the intention of introducing it.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Dreamerbg

Postby Dreamerbg » 13 February 2017, 10:58

I have a question, Netheos.
What exactly is what the LE will give to ppl who own BB2 already apart from the races.
I ask this question because I've read somewhere that both "games" will be compatible, so are we actually just going to pay for the races ?
20 euro for all the new races in LE is quite a deal tho and I dont mind it but I just what to get more info on this topic :)

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 13 February 2017, 13:31

Dreamerbg wrote:I have a question, Netheos.
What exactly is what the LE will give to ppl who own BB2 already apart from the races.
I ask this question because I've read somewhere that both "games" will be compatible, so are we actually just going to pay for the races ?
20 euro for all the new races in LE is quite a deal tho and I dont mind it but I just what to get more info on this topic :)

The races and the main features (resurrection mode, swiss format, team editor...) will only be playable with the Official Expansion. Most of the small features (mute chat in game for example) will be for everyone.
Focus Team

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 13 February 2017, 13:36

Well last time Chaos followed Legendary...perhaps they are teeing up the Chaos edition already.

I hope Kislev have cossack clowns, mutated conjoined twin blockers and a knife thrower with the ability to throw stab...

Sid The Coach

Postby Sid The Coach » 13 February 2017, 14:57

Netheos wrote:The races and the main features (resurrection mode, swiss format, team editor...) will only be playable with the Official Expansion. Most of the small features (mute chat in game for example) will be for everyone.

Not being able to join certain competitions with basic BB2 because of those points in bold compromises "full compatibility" between BB2 and BB2 LE (in my opinion).

licker34

Postby licker34 » 13 February 2017, 17:31

VoodooMike wrote:
TheSpydyr wrote:I know what the config file shows...and IIRC the Khonre have been there since the release of the game.

Sure, but some of those were not... which means this isn't some file or even a list that has been stagnant since development - it's something that has been updated as recently as two weeks ago.

And so? Not that I have any idea if Spyders claim is accurate or not, but Khorne being on a list doesn't mean anything either.

VoodooMike wrote:In their AMA they said their design team made an original roster in BB1 and again in BB2 with the brets, and are looking forward to doing it again. I'm not sure why they'd retire Khorne... or put it in their config without the intention of introducing it.

They'd retire Khorne because they listened to me ;)

I don't know why they'd do it either, but I don't know why they do a lot of the things they do. I'm sure they have their reasons, and my guess is that Khorne will show up at some point. Hopefully that point will be when (hope it's a when not an if) they open up the game for workshop content.

Return to “General”