Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
VoodooMike

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Postby VoodooMike » 17 February 2017, 14:43

Netheos wrote:Well if you don't want any TV development between rounds, you can set up the TV gained between each to 0. Is that what you mean?

No, I mean I'd like to see both of these as options in exclusion to the other:

• All injuries removed at the end of each match.
  • No SPP, but rather TV-based development after each match.

Right now you're saying it has to be both or neither, but what's the purpose of forcing that link? I'd like to see leagues that are rez but with SPP based development... and I'd like to see leagues that have normal attrition but use TV-based development instead of SPP.

That way people can check BOTH boxes to have exactly what you're saying now, or they can use one or the other if they only want one of the two.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 17 February 2017, 15:07

VoodooMike wrote:
Netheos wrote:Well if you don't want any TV development between rounds, you can set up the TV gained between each to 0. Is that what you mean?

No, I mean I'd like to see both of these as options in exclusion to the other:

• All injuries removed at the end of each match.
  • No SPP, but rather TV-based development after each match.

Right now you're saying it has to be both or neither, but what's the purpose of forcing that link? I'd like to see leagues that are rez but with SPP based development... and I'd like to see leagues that have normal attrition but use TV-based development instead of SPP.

That way people can check BOTH boxes to have exactly what you're saying now, or they can use one or the other if they only want one of the two.

Both features are linked together for now.

Skode wrote:1. With LE coming out will there finally be merit in fully upgrading a stadium? Getting 400k gold is over inflating my TV and spiraling expenses is no fun either. I'm after the achievement and keen to see the visual difference but there is no reward for this long grind as far as I know.

2. On subject perhaps you have ideas to help make this less of a grind if it's going to remain cosmetics only a feature? Maybe a toggle for spiraling expenses solo mode or option to pay up stadium upgrades in instalments?

We're discussing a way to save money for stadium upgrade without getting penalized in TV. But the priority stays the content list announced for Legendary.

Skode wrote:3. Speaking of cosmetic features will LE also give any purpose to sponsors? Even if just for solo mode it'd be nice to have more features in the game matter.

Nothing planned.

Skode wrote:4. Will there be any new cyan purchasable in LE? New balls seems a popular suggestion.

New balls are planned, but they're going to come with the Official Expansion (= legendary upgrade) and not sold in the shop.

Skode wrote:5. As well as new Star players will there be model updates on any currently available star players who are placeholders?

Same.

Skode wrote:6. I love the commentary team esp Bob, with all these new teams and a new solo campaign can we expect new lines of dialogue from them in LE.

As far as I know, there are some new lines for Jim & Bob for every new teams. Even in the DLCs already released.

Skode wrote:7. Finally can we expect any tweaks to the inducement phase? Not a cosmetics question but I've seen no mention of it being looked at though I'm sure it's on the community wish lists no.1 spot for quite some time lol.

Same as for the stadiums, we're discussing about it, but the priority stays the announced content list.
Focus Team

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 17 February 2017, 15:35

Netheos wrote:Both features are linked together for now.

Yeah, I caught that. My point is: you have months before you plan to release, please make that not be the case by then.

Netheos wrote:We're discussing a way to save money for stadium upgrade without getting penalized in TV. But the priority stays the content list announced for Legendary.

Well that's easy... get rid of the bank rule. If you stop counting gold toward TV at any point then treasury is saving gold for stadium upgrades. If you let people liberally add gold to their inducement pool without worrying about adjusting TV then not only have you made the pre-match process much easier, but it'll be consistent with the current BB2016 rules.. though the expensive mistakes rule might help prevent big cash dumps.

The bank rule didn't result in any positive change in the open play environments (not a shock to many of us)... not sure why we'd want to keep it.

Netheos wrote:we're discussing about it, but the priority stays the announced content list.

This sounds dangerously like "we're trying to hype our product but we're completely disinterested in player input". Your players want to be stoked about the update they're being asked to pay for but obviously would rather learn about it from open discussion with the people behind it rather than on stone tablets from an absent deity.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

TheMazilla

Postby TheMazilla » 19 February 2017, 12:33

Simply Wow!
Love the game and can't wait to play more, more more <3

Rifugio

Postby Rifugio » 20 February 2017, 01:28

jackal08 wrote:
Nechiku wrote:Perhaps the next DLC after the LE is with Slaneesh/Khorne ?

like a Chaos Edition .... waits for applause

Would be worth a standing ovation but Tzeentch is watching me...

Chiwy

Postby Chiwy » 20 February 2017, 07:40

I would like there to be a relationship between the level of success and the attendance of fans to the matches, as well as which fans support each team.
Also that would reflect the contribution of the sponsors or that these will be offered according to the level of success of the teams.

Great job
Congratulations

Jeliel

Postby Jeliel » 20 February 2017, 08:26

@Netheos
I implore you to relay the need to fix the bank rule/petty cash/inducement phase or at least add different options.
Different options… not BB2016 rules, which believe it or not, incredibly it’s even worse than Cyanide implementation. :lol:

Danefield

Postby Danefield » 20 February 2017, 14:42

Dear Netheos and the rest of Cyanide

I'm looking forward to buying LE - many good improvements.

Netheos, You wrote, that for now LE would only come with the stated changes, but I hope the following two small changes will be considered.

1) Make it possible to choose the race of the AI teams in a solo league mixed AI/player league.

2) Make it possible to choose the TV of the AI teams in a solo league mixed AI/player league.

On later updates I would like You to consider:

3) The ability to switch of the inducements in a league (When Huddersfield Town plays against Manchester City they are not getting Christiano Ronaldo for free - building a team is part of the challenge).

4) Make it possible to boost AI teams. Fx give the AI team extra money after each match.

5) Make it easier to see the team stats. I would like to see the top 10 running teams, the top 10 passing teams and so on.

6) Make it easier to see the player stats. I would like to see the top 100 running players, the top 100 passing players and so on.

7) Perhaps a different model for calculating expenses and winnings after each game - something like Blood Bowl Companion (a supplement for Blood Bowl 2 printed in 1990)

Yours Danefield

Nîme l'Ancien

Postby Nîme l'Ancien » 22 February 2017, 21:43

Maybe we could get the evolution of the player's skins when players are leveling up ??? (just asking :D ... with cyan maybe ?). Cards ??? (one day with a DLC) :D

I suppose that if the release is in the summer 2017 that the work is almost done but a real add to the game would be more complete stats table. For teams and for players (maybe it's already there ... tell me ... I didn't follow the patch history).

For organised league it's a must have to add fun and roleplay discussion around the games. To make rankings for every thing.

Who is the best scorer amongst players ? The best killer ? The best thrower ? ...

Wich teams got the most caualties ? Wich one is the best fouler teams ? Wich coach make the more aces or six and so on.

It would be a real plus to have that kind of stuff IG. If not, there is statsgrabber of the great mordrek it is not the same thing.

Jorind

Postby Jorind » 25 February 2017, 11:35

I think this second edition is very powerful! thanks for these updates!

Return to “General”