Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Skode

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Postby Skode » 10 February 2017, 03:55

Kislev (based on the rules of the slann) ...I'm a little lost here. Does this mean a bunch of frozen horse riders are going to behave like frogs?

Otherwise good job.
They're acrobats so I'm assuming circus theme especially as the big guy is a circus bear - I'm assuming theyre human (long legged humans? Lol).

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 10 February 2017, 06:57

I am very pumped for the LE!

Netheos, are the following features on the list to be added for LE?

1. Ability to view the history of the team's transactions, not just the games played. I'll give you an example of what I mean: In the MML, we run our Transfer Market in a separate League because when you start the TM, you can't continue to run your regular ladder, and it kicks all of the teams out of the ladder, so you have to re-invite them after you close the TM. When a team leaves the MML League to go to our transfer market league, we have coaches screenshot their rosters before they leave the MML so that we can track whether any additional transfers were made in any other leagues before the team comes back into the MML. This way, coaches can't sneak players in from other leagues. As you can imagine, this is a lot of work and time-consuming. It would be great if we could just look at a tab that shows all transfers made to and from a team.

2. Ability to sort players' individual stats by any competition in which they have ever played? Currently, when you click on an individual players, you can sort his stats by total or those that he has accumulated in the current competition that he is in. It would be great if we could filter the player's stats for a particular competition, even if he is no longer in that competition. Would be even greater if you could reach back to particular games and see the individual player's stats for that game, but I dont' want to get greedy :)
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

MurlocJoe

Postby MurlocJoe » 10 February 2017, 07:04

Many thanks taking the time to do this Netheos.
However, in future announcements could you please post the information on official forums/means first? Getting second hand knowledge, or making people watch a twitch streamer struggle through the information isn't great and alienates a lot of players.
Struggle through the information? I hope you're not talking about Sage's video. In just 8 minutes de guy explains everything listed here. Low and gratuitous attack, not cool.
Well I did put a lot of work into that vid but I came to the live part pretty poorly prepared, in part due to having to move my stream setup to a different floor, and due to a late birthday evening the night before. So my live part wasn't that great, I have to agree with Ommadon there.

Thanks for the kind words though, Lembocha; I'm glad I didn't make some 30 min vid out of it. ;)
I also don't see why letting streamers have a reveal the day before is a bad thing, it's not like anyone forces you to watch the streams or youtube vids.
That being said tho, I'm glad someone decided to put a bit more effort into a vid and go a bit more in dept in what Legendary Edition is about, rather than mumbling through a list of highlights, and then taking a wild guesses at steam workshop at the end of it :)

Confucius44

Postby Confucius44 » 10 February 2017, 15:38

Great news! I look forward to seeing the campaign map (3D?) and improved AI!

The new models look lovely, but shadows and lighting still need some work. It would help a lot just to shadows more bluish in outdoor arenas and perhaps add a bit of bloom?

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 10 February 2017, 15:47

1. Ability to view the history of the team's transactions, not just the games played. I'll give you an example of what I mean: In the MML, we run our Transfer Market in a separate League because when you start the TM, you can't continue to run your regular ladder, and it kicks all of the teams out of the ladder, so you have to re-invite them after you close the TM. When a team leaves the MML League to go to our transfer market league, we have coaches screenshot their rosters before they leave the MML so that we can track whether any additional transfers were made in any other leagues before the team comes back into the MML. This way, coaches can't sneak players in from other leagues. As you can imagine, this is a lot of work and time-consuming. It would be great if we could just look at a tab that shows all transfers made to and from a team.

2. Ability to sort players' individual stats by any competition in which they have ever played? Currently, when you click on an individual players, you can sort his stats by total or those that he has accumulated in the current competition that he is in. It would be great if we could filter the player's stats for a particular competition, even if he is no longer in that competition. Would be even greater if you could reach back to particular games and see the individual player's stats for that game, but I dont' want to get greedy :)
They're both interesting features but given how busy our schedule is with the content list presented in the initial post, I don't think we'll have time to add that in Legendary. But it's noted for later!
Focus Team

booncabal76

Postby booncabal76 » 10 February 2017, 21:23

Elephant in the room.....Khorne?

Skode

Postby Skode » 11 February 2017, 01:19

Elephant in the room.....Khorne?
Most consider Chaos Pact the bigger elephant to be honest though it's strange to see neither but hey ho I'd buy them as DLC should they consider that. Slaanesh were also in tiles according to the sage, I don't think we're done yet :D

seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 11 February 2017, 01:48

They're both interesting features but given how busy our schedule is with the content list presented in the initial post, I don't think we'll have time to add that in Legendary. But it's noted for later!
Ok thx
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

Rogue

Postby Rogue » 11 February 2017, 04:50

Any word on cross-platform play? ie Xbox & PS4 players being able to play against PC players? It was one of the key reasons I purchased the Xbox copy, only to find out later it wasn't included because it was too hard.

Given so many other games today are capable of cross-platform interaction, it's clearly achievable. It would also go a long way to increasing the size of the player base for leagues and competitions.

Valcurdra

Postby Valcurdra » 12 February 2017, 04:04

Any word on cross-platform play? ie Xbox & PS4 players being able to play against PC players? It was one of the key reasons I purchased the Xbox copy, only to find out later it wasn't included because it was too hard.

Given so many other games today are capable of cross-platform interaction, it's clearly achievable. It would also go a long way to increasing the size of the player base for leagues and competitions.
Good point, this is probably the only disappointing omission from the announcement.

A real shame this has not been done yet, I have 4-5 friends on ps3 but I cant play them.

Return to “General”