Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
dragonwolf

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Postby dragonwolf » 04 June 2017, 14:06

Anything about skin evolution when players are levelling up ??? :mrgreen: (no I am not stubborn :D)

Even with a DLC or with Cyan I don't care :mrgreen:
It s all about priorities and ressource management. Cosmetic upgrades is not one of them

Skode

Postby Skode » 04 June 2017, 17:05

Will we be getting a trailer for this come E3?

A5tro

Postby A5tro » 04 June 2017, 23:06

Anything about skin evolution when players are levelling up ??? :mrgreen: (no I am not stubborn :D)

It s all about priorities and ressource management. Cosmetic upgrades is not one of them
I don't understand this statement - countless games have proven that cosmetic DLC is a huge money maker with no negative impact on communities if there is a playable base game with reasonable base content. More DLC = More money = More resources = More FreeLC and DLC, its a happy business cycle. There are so many people who would be willing to pay a lot to have a range of armor and helmet options to customise their teams, a great way to make income on the side while they work on bigger content. If for some reason they don't like money and additional resources then at least a workshop for the community to create armor/helmets will be fantastic for the community and keeping more players interested long term so they can sell in other DLC later.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 05 June 2017, 12:32

I don't understand this statement - countless games have proven that cosmetic DLC is a huge money maker with no negative impact on communities if there is a playable base game with reasonable base content. More DLC = More money = More resources = More FreeLC and DLC, its a happy business cycle. There are so many people who would be willing to pay a lot to have a range of armor and helmet options to customise their teams, a great way to make income on the side while they work on bigger content. If for some reason they don't like money and additional resources then at least a workshop for the community to create armor/helmets will be fantastic for the community and keeping more players interested long term so they can sell in other DLC later.
First of all Blood bowl is not like any game> it s a niche market game with a hardcore base . While upgrade have been lost between BB1 and BB2 it does not add anything to the gameply despite cosmetic enhancement. The core of the players want to have more roster and more league management . These are the main request from the player base. I can undestand from a business point of view they try to retain their player base and attract the one that are holding back because they do not have enough races and the league management is not yet flexible enough. A lot of Tabletop league are doing their game online ( via fumble) when they can t make it in person. Having more options is what the game need not more skins . I m not saying they will not do it at some point , i would love it too , but the game need to survive first and in order to do so you need to retain your player base

Nîme l'Ancien

Postby Nîme l'Ancien » 05 June 2017, 18:53

@dragonwolf : agree with your comment. In order :the rosters, well implemented skills, league options ... the cards (maybe some day ?) and the skins. But I think that the skin evolution is not just a cosmetic problem. In BB2. It has been stated that the player are too similar and not recognizable enough. The skin evolution could help for a better readability of who is who on the field.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 06 June 2017, 09:36

@dragonwolf : agree with your comment. In order :the rosters, well implemented skills, league options ... the cards (maybe some day ?) and the skins. But I think that the skin evolution is not just a cosmetic problem. In BB2. It has been stated that the player are too similar and not recognizable enough. The skin evolution could help for a better readability of who is who on the field.
I raise the question with the dev on a different post about creating an open source tool for the community to make their own skins ( balls and characters) and sale them on the marketplace. I thought it would be a good idea for the creative people out there to use their skill and at the same time generating micro transactions ( making the market place relevant ).I even think Cyanide by getting a cut would get some money for more developement. As for other stuff it s not their priority which i understand

VonBlade
Twitter: @VonBlade

Postby VonBlade » 07 June 2017, 17:02

I'd agree if the game hadn't already been out for a year and in development for about three prior to that.

If Cyanide opened up BB2 to modding I bet my first born son that we'd have cheerleader variety, race specific cheerleaders and level specific armour within the first month, and we haven't got the models as a starter.
Through daring and lucky armour rolls, victory!

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 07 June 2017, 23:27

If Cyanide opened up BB2 to modding I bet my first born son that we'd have cheerleader variety, race specific cheerleaders and level specific armour within the first month, and we haven't got the models as a starter.
Don't get your hopes up. Cyanide has been outright hostile toward the idea of 3rd party modding since their first BB offering 9 years ago. At one point they went so far as to encrypt all the model and animation files in response to 3rd party modders creating the Amazon team (prior to them being added to BB1) and using existing model animations for them.

They just want to sell you upgrades, but they want to sell them to you in the year 2047 when they get around to making them.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Gediablo

Postby Gediablo » 15 June 2017, 10:20

Will we be getting a trailer for this come E3?
Seems like Cyanide avoids any chance of hyping this game.

Madfrog

Postby Madfrog » 15 June 2017, 12:44

Yeah, it seems so.
No actual news whatsover.
:(

Return to “General”