Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
licker34

Re: Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition Announcement

Postby licker34 » 04 April 2017, 15:02

It didn't change. We're still discussing about it but since we're not forced to introduce any of the BB2016 changes in BB2, we take our time to see what's liked on the long term.
What's liked where?

I mean looking at what a small group of TT players like is completely irrelevant to COL for example.

So... if you're looking where they have already implemented (most of) the rule changes good I guess :)
The potential addition of the new TT rules has been discussed on forums, reddit, Steam Hub... We're reading what is said about them (PO change, MVP change...) to feed our thinking about their implementation in BB2.
Just to be clear, what is being said about them is not the same as what is actually happening in environments which are actually applying them.

Again, I'm not talking about TT leagues because TT leagues should be completely irrelevant to decisions made about open perpetual ladders. (this is more an argument for more league options to allow people to customize private leagues better to suit their desires)

Now there still is some decent discussion about *potential* effects, but there is even better information available, or there will be after a couple more months of games played using these systems.

And now a personal opinion :)

I do think it is of some importance to try to keep all BB platforms 'mostly' consistent with the current rule set, even if I don't like certain aspects of said rule set. I have no idea what Cyanides position on that idea is though, and certainly some leeway was already granted (or taken) in terms of tweaking CRP rules, for good and bad.

A 'wait and see' attitude is completely justified, I'm just curious about what exactly you guys are looking at to base your decisions from.

SirIronclad
Twitter: @SirIronclad

Postby SirIronclad » 04 April 2017, 21:18

The potential addition of the new TT rules has been discussed on forums, reddit, Steam Hub... We're reading what is said about them (PO change, MVP change...) to feed our thinking about their implementation in BB2.
The MVP rule would be a huge boon for coaches, making team development much more consistent and less frustrating.

Niessuh

Postby Niessuh » 05 April 2017, 08:27

MVP rule would benefit some teams much more, like Lizards or Norse

mtgip

Postby mtgip » 05 April 2017, 13:26

I do think it is of some importance to try to keep all BB platforms 'mostly' consistent with the current rule set...
+1
A 'wait and see' attitude is completely justified, I'm just curious about what exactly you guys are looking at to base your decisions from.
IMHO they said: "We are very busy with Legendary Edition, we'll make the changes to the ruleset after the release"

dode74

Postby dode74 » 05 April 2017, 14:44

IMHO they said: "We are very busy with Legendary Edition, we'll make the changes to the ruleset after the release"
I'd make that "look at making changes". I don't think they've committed to anything.

licker34

Postby licker34 » 05 April 2017, 15:14

I'd make that "look at making changes". I don't think they've committed to anything.
No they have not committed to anything, they have simply said they are looking at what people are saying they like and don't like about the new rules. Which is completely a completely fair thing to do. I am only concerned (as much as my concern matters) about where they are looking and whom they are listening to.

Because there are really two separate though related issues that will crop up.

The first lies in how well LE (and future updates) provides additional options for private leagues to customize the rule set that league wants to play in.

The second lies in what the decision is for rule implementation in the Cyanide run leagues (COL and CCL for now).

Clearly there will be (and already are) differing opinions on what would be 'best' for open perpetual ladder environments, but there is also some actual data to be looked at from an existing open perpetual ladder environment. So it doesn't just have to be that some one thinks the PO removal is 'great' because it suits their opinion of what removal should be, you can actually look at the removal rates in those leagues using the new rules to see what the new removal rate is, and then base a decision using that actual data.

Of course, someone still has to make the ultimate decision of what the 'appropriate' removal rate should be, but you won't have to actually speculate about what it will be depending on what option is chosen. And you can look at the effects of the other rule changes on how inducements are being spent, and what impact EM has, and if fouling is buffed with argue the call, and other things as well.

And beyond all of that, there should be some consideration of keeping major Blood Bowl platforms 'true' to the current rule set. Though that one is a bit more tricky I think when you start trying to figure out how to apply seasons to open perpetual leagues.

VoodooMike

Postby VoodooMike » 05 April 2017, 15:43

We're still discussing about it but since we're not forced to introduce any of the BB2016 changes in BB2, we take our time to see what's liked on the long term.
So... just long enough to fail to capitalize on any renewed interest that the re-release of the board game with a new ruleset generates?

People dealt with the changes that y'all made arbitrarily to the game already (weird bank version, stadium upgrades, etc) so I think they'd handle the official changes that GW has made to the game. If you ask people what they like before you implement it they'll say "nothing".. this community hates change on principle, but adapts to change very, very quickly and moves on with their lives.

Plus, y'know, it'd be the first set of changes they couldn't blame you for if anything goes wrong. Win-win.
Friendly Reminder: Correlation does not equal Causation - tattoo it on the inside of your eyelids if it'll help.

Blumpkinbowl

Postby Blumpkinbowl » 06 April 2017, 20:14

So I'm just a little confused about the pricing and whats going to come with all this stuff.

I just got the game for the ps4 for the first time and I love it. I really want to have access to all the races but I don't know if the upgrade will give them all to me, or if I need to buy the team pack, AND the upgrade.

Also, what is the price going to be for the upgrade vs the full legendary edition?

If there was a way to pre-order the legendary upgrade and have access to all the races that are available right now I would do it instantly, but I don't really want to buy the team upgrade right now if I'll be getting it all in the legendary upgrade later on.

And with the price of the team pack, and whatever the upgrade cost is, if I have to have both as a current owner of the base game, am I going to end up spending more money than just buying the stand alone edition?

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 07 April 2017, 10:09

So I'm just a little confused about the pricing and whats going to come with all this stuff.

I just got the game for the ps4 for the first time and I love it. I really want to have access to all the races but I don't know if the upgrade will give them all to me, or if I need to buy the team pack, AND the upgrade.

Also, what is the price going to be for the upgrade vs the full legendary edition?

If there was a way to pre-order the legendary upgrade and have access to all the races that are available right now I would do it instantly, but I don't really want to buy the team upgrade right now if I'll be getting it all in the legendary upgrade later on.

And with the price of the team pack, and whatever the upgrade cost is, if I have to have both as a current owner of the base game, am I going to end up spending more money than just buying the stand alone edition?
The Official Expansion (="Legendary Upgrade") won't feature the races from the team pack and will cost approximately €20.

The Legendary Edition contains the base game + Team Pack + Official Expansion for the price of a full game.

Given that you already bought the base game, buying the Legendary Edition at its release will cost you more than buying the Team Pack right now (or maybe wait for a sale, it's up to you) + the Official Expansion at its release.
Focus Team

Sephiroth

Postby Sephiroth » 07 April 2017, 11:19

Any news about the possibility of current owners of PS4 physical copies being able to upgrade to legendary edition without paying the full price?

Return to “General”