End of Champion Ladder Season 3

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
seriousjest
Facebook: seriousjest
Twitter: seriousjest

Re: End of Champion Ladder Season 3

Postby seriousjest » 15 February 2017, 16:27

triperis wrote:And makes you realize people sitting on records, rerolling and such is not because they are dirty people, but they look at rules and see that they are meant to play so by design.

Please believe when I say I was not trying to imply anyone is a "dirty person," especially not Dymntd. Despite how much passion it inspires in us, it is just a game in the end. I think that people are trying their hardest to win, and they are sometimes trying to use everything that they can find in the rules to their advantage. But sometimes unforeseen circumstances come up, and the refs have to make hard calls.

My long post was about trying to convey our thought process about what our priorities are when we are forced to make these calls. It wasn't intended to condemn anyone.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

Dymntd

Postby Dymntd » 15 February 2017, 17:56

Making the best of a bad situation isnt easy. You folks are doing the best you can. Hopefully the issues raised here can be taken into consideration when forming the cladder rules/regulations for future seasons. In the meanwhile, I look forward to playing a functional blood bowl. :)

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 15 February 2017, 20:08

Dymntd wrote:Making the best of a bad situation isnt easy. You folks are doing the best you can. Hopefully the issues raised here can be taken into consideration when forming the cladder rules/regulations for future seasons. In the meanwhile, I look forward to playing a functional blood bowl. :)

Thanks for understanding, buddy, and being a gentleman, as always. I hope I conveyed my thoughts accurately, and that nothing I said was taken as a personal attack, because, like I said, I consider you one of the best coaches in the world and a good sportsman. I was just trying to articulate our logic for the decision.

I also understand your points, and sometimes you gotta argue your position to the ref. Unfortunately, like trip said, people are going to get screwed no matter what we do. We're just trying to minimize the damage, or at least find the "fairest" way to allocate it.
PS4 Champion Cup co-admin, co-host of "Live from the ManCave!!!," and your favorite Blood Bowl coach's favorite Blood Bowl coach

samt2806

Postby samt2806 » 15 February 2017, 22:58

Just want to emphasize on this :

Netheos wrote:We're discussing about a way to handle the impact of the blue screen issue on the ranking on PS4

seriousjest wrote:
First, let me say this: Cyanide/Focus was set to go forward with ending S3 as scheduled despite the blue screen issue. After discussing the issue amongst ourselves, the PS4 admins requested that we extend the S3 for PS4 and catch up to PC in S4 with a shortened season. Netheos and company granted our request, because we made the case that it was in the best interest of the PS4 Champion Ladder as a whole, as well as critical to preserving the integrity of the Champion Cup on PS4. So, to everyone, you can direct your gripes at the PS4 admins.

So, please guys, just hold on until the fix is released and that we announce how we will handle the issue. Your claims about you're out/in of the playoffs and/or that's its unfair we extended doesn't take account of many ways we could fix rankings to be the "fairest" possible.

Just wait :D
Blood & Tears Perpetual Co-founder
PS4 CCL Admin
Your 6 concedes were disconnects and crashes?! Yeah right :mrgreen: "

Dymntd

Postby Dymntd » 16 February 2017, 02:53

Aye, we wait with baited breath. I trust the judgement of both samt and seriousjest, I merely wanted to get out an opinion (right or wrong) to contribute towards cleaning up this mess. All the fuss will likely for naught as the playoff spots currently held will most likely stay as they except possibly mellogo1d's though thats only my opinion.

gasolemall

Postby gasolemall » 16 February 2017, 10:12

Seriousjest, I think that every PS4 user appreciates what you and Samt do for the community, because you provide a lot of organization and entertainment to it. Undoubtedly, every coach will have his point of view of this controversial situation, and at the end you will have to decide and every coach has to respect that. So, what I was trying to say is that I think that these situations can happen and I just wanted to encourage you and Samt to keep on doing what you dou because you are doing a great job. Don't let the fun stop! :D

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 16 February 2017, 11:14

gasolemall wrote:Seriousjest, I think that every PS4 user appreciates what you and Samt do for the community, because you provide a lot of organization and entertainment to it. Undoubtedly, every coach will have his point of view of this controversial situation, and at the end you will have to decide and every coach has to respect that. So, what I was trying to say is that I think that these situations can happen and I just wanted to encourage you and Samt to keep on doing what you dou because you are doing a great job. Don't let the fun stop! :D

We appreciate your support. These situations and decisions are not easy to make.

seriousjest

Postby seriousjest » 18 February 2017, 12:29

Hello, everyone. I've posted a new thread here: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=8498

It explains how we will be concluding S3 for the PS4 Champion Ladder.

Stuntmandidi

Postby Stuntmandidi » 18 February 2017, 20:03

CYANIDE, That bug plus the one from last year are just unbearable! Offer a team to prove you care about your customers!!

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » 23 February 2017, 04:39

I support the idea of opening it up to at least 2 teams per race, and making it a 32-team field, for the same reasons as mentioned earlier in the thread. It will cut down on everyone rerolling their teams so quickly because theres that one beastmode team running away at the top of the ladder, and just generally make more races more interesting to play as we get deeper into the season.

Understood about not wanting the playoffs to go on too long, but I feel like maximizing the excitement and engagement of the season should be the top priority, and a bigger playoff field does that. Keeps it from just being the people who have time to grind away at the game until they get a superteam that gets on a roll (not at all criticizing the people who are consistently on the leaderboard, just saying not everyone has as much time to try and keep up with those guys).

Return to “General”