Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
Thebeerbear

Re: Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Postby Thebeerbear » 19 February 2017, 10:14

How have we not been shafted!?
Go to a restuarant, eat your food, pay your bill, then find out that everyone there apart from you paid less or got it for free. I'm sure you'd rush back to that place.
So because we are a minority we should be ok with being treated worse than pc gamers!? We should sit quietly and be thankful that we are included at all.

triperis

Postby triperis » 20 February 2017, 13:20

PS4 is not as much as minority as you think. Depending on how you set queries on the database, you could see that the ratio between PC and PS4 is roughly 2:1 if you exclude people who did not even play 10 games. That's minority, but not that small. Given that half of DLCs were free for PC, I'd assume we are paying as much if not more as subcommunity.

It's not like cyanide is not trying to please their communities, they try. However if one side gets everything, and another gets nothing all the time, and even gets an untested game breaking patch. It begs question how long just trying will do?.. Is the smaller playerbase of PS4 is the reason, or result of the treatment? You can check that leading modable games, such as GTAs, Elder Scorlls, Fallouts are still better selling on consoles. The market itself has all the potential to have equal sales to PC. It's how much effort you get in to tap those pockets :) .

dode74

Postby dode74 » 20 February 2017, 14:43

Depending on how you set queries on the database, you could see that the ratio between PC and PS4 is roughly 2:1
A little more detail, please. What database? Which queries?

triperis

Postby triperis » 21 February 2017, 07:39

Depending on how you set queries on the database, you could see that the ratio between PC and PS4 is roughly 2:1
A little more detail, please. What database? Which queries?
http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/goblinSpy.html

under edit select team standings only
where platform = pc (change to ps4 afterwards) and games played >= 10 (try other numbers to perhaps discern distribution better)
group by coach name
display from 1 to 20000 (any stupidly high number)

under these settings as of now it shows 4684 PC players with 10 games or more, 379 on PS4.
if games are set to >= 1, then 15301 and 2357 respectively.

I apologize, I had a bit of a brainfart. My memory failed me and numbers were actually quite similar back when I checked last time. It's not 2:1, but closer to 10:1. Actually they were 4616 and 371.

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 February 2017, 09:18

It's not 2:1, but closer to 10:1. Actually they were 4616 and 371.
Thanks - that's the numbers I have and I use the same source as mordrek does.

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 21 February 2017, 19:29

You guys are getting off the main point of the original gripe, though. I don't think that the decision on the DLC was based off player population between the 3 platforms at all. The content was likely designed to be paid DLC for all of the platforms from the beginning. They later realized that there weren't enough people making the transition to BB2 from BB1 (and FUMBBL), so they wanted to give some additional incentive to those on the fence or those who weren't planning on making the switch at that time, and sweetened the deal at their own "expense" (although it's still obviously to their benefit as well in the long run). It is absolutely ridiculous that people are complaining about them making moves that are designed to build and strengthen OUR player pools, so we can have even more people to play this game with. That decision benefits US much more than them (unless you are strictly looking at the fact that they are actually still making some money in the process). Needless to say, I certainly assume that the fact that they were giving so much away (and discounting the price of the core game several times) played strongly into why it took so long to release several of the DLC races; which, of course, people complained about as well...

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 21 February 2017, 19:35

Don't get me wrong... They are a business and are likely making decisions to best ensure that they will make as much money as they can from this game in the long run. Regardless, their decisions to discount the core game and DLC, as well as the free DLC with Founders Incentive, greatly benefited those of us who already owned the game...

dode74

Postby dode74 » 21 February 2017, 19:54

You guys are getting off the main point of the original gripe, though.
Yes, and I apologise for that. I wanted to be clear on that particular detail since it appeared to be relevant to triperis' argument.

dragonwolf

Postby dragonwolf » 22 February 2017, 16:09

Don't get me wrong... They are a business and are likely making decisions to best ensure that they will make as much money as they can from this game in the long run. Regardless, their decisions to discount the core game and DLC, as well as the free DLC with Founders Incentive, greatly benefited those of us who already owned the game...

It greatly benefited the one who supported the game from the start. No matter how low the number of races were or how buggy the game was. It s a fair reward from that point of view

Skode

Postby Skode » 22 February 2017, 20:31

It greatly benefited the one who supported the game from the start. No matter how low the number of races were or how buggy the game was. It s a fair reward from that point of view
*On PC*

Return to “General”