Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
dragonwolf

Re: Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Postby dragonwolf » 22 February 2017, 21:18

*On PC*
Fair enough, but then the question is why they could not do the same for console? Was it because of the platform ? Because of BigSoft or mylittlePONY? Or did they deliberatly chose to single out the console users ? Before you start shooting at Cyanide may be you should ask and get the full picture. Being on PC i can only talk about my platform. That being said i would support any move to get a cross platform patch to settle these nonsense Console vs PC rivalry on the pitch once and for all

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 22 February 2017, 22:12

Would it have affected Console players in any way if they had not offered those races for free on the PC? No, not really. I guess, if anything, you could argue that them giving the content away for free on the PC tightened their budget and possibly reduced their staff and slowed the development of the additional content. Other than that, though, what does it matter what's happening in the other platform?

The cost of living is cheaper here in Texas than it is in Li's Angeles or New York. There are other factors at play that determine the difference is Price. French Fries are going cost more at a restaurant than they would at McDonalds, even if they are the exact same fries... It's quite common to see a Console game be more expensive than a game on Steam. Quit complaining so much because it's not going to change anything; if you think that the Price is unreasonable, then don't buy it at full price (or ever).

I've paid for the game twice now, first on the XBox1 and then on the PC. I've bought all the DLC for both Platforms except for the 2 newest races on the XB1 (which I'll be picking-up when they release the Team Pack for it, assuming that it's as good of a deal as it was on the PC). Would I have like to have only bought everything once and has the ability to play cross-platform? Absolutely! I've asked for it regularly on the Suggestions Forum and stated why I thought it was important to combine the community on a smaller game like this. It seems like there are a lot more factors at play that make it difficult; Ok, so that's disappointing, but it happens... I then had a choice, stick with just our great XB1 community (FABBL) and still have plenty of fun with the game or to spend some more money to get the game on PC and enjoy the leagues in FABBL as well as have the ability to play Champions Ladder and in some of these even bigger leagues on PC. I chose to spend the money, but obviously didn't *have to* to continue enjoying Blood Bowl, I chose to; the same goes for the DLC...

Netheos
Administrateur

Postby Netheos » 23 February 2017, 10:46

I've paid for the game twice now, first on the XBox1 and then on the PC. I've bought all the DLC for both Platforms except for the 2 newest races on the XB1 (which I'll be picking-up when they release the Team Pack for it, assuming that it's as good of a deal as it was on the PC).
I can already tell you that there won't be any "completion system" on consoles for the Team Pack (= paying only for your missing teams). It's an option only available on Steam :|
Focus Team

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 23 February 2017, 15:28

OK, thanks for the heads-up.

Thebeerbear

Postby Thebeerbear » 23 February 2017, 21:30

[quote assuming that it's as good of a deal as it was on the PC)/quote]

Haha, thanks for proving our point.

Now if you will excuse me I'm off to work out where my team is in the champ ladder after both the bug that meant wins were not recorded and the second bug that caused people to blue screen have left the ps4 ladder in an unreadable mess.

Worse prices, worse service. Totally not shafted.

Miraskadu

Postby Miraskadu » 24 February 2017, 00:49

What part of an option only available on steam went over your head? It is an option they cannot offer on console since they don't have an option on how to. So take your anger to Sony or Microsoft. ;)

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 24 February 2017, 01:07

That's it! We demand a refund right now for how much we pay to have a Champions Ladder! And while they're at it, they should cut the pay of those who are spending their time Moderating it. They are clearly being overpaid and that money should go to those who play the game all the time and are occasionally inconvenienced... Until those demands are met, I'm going to keep playing in protest!

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 24 February 2017, 01:19

[quote assuming that it's as good of a deal as it was on the PC)/quote]

Haha, thanks for proving our point.

Now if you will excuse me I'm off to work out where my team is in the champ ladder after both the bug that meant wins were not recorded and the second bug that caused people to blue screen have left the ps4 ladder in an unreadable mess.

? What does that prove? That now I have the decision to buy them individually at regular price, buy them on sale, or not buy them at all...? For now, I don't think that I'll ever buy them regular price on XB1, since I've got them on PC (and have only actually played 1 game with Khemri and none with Chaos Dwarves). I may choose to buy them on Sale, but I'm thinking of holding off because I just don't see the "need" and my "want level" isn't high enough. So, I'm likely to just pass on getting them on the XB1 at this point, but possibly might change my mind in the future...

On second thought,.... Wwaaaaaaaahhhh! That may help...

dode74

Postby dode74 » 24 February 2017, 07:21

Is the fact that I paid a lot more for my PC than I would have paid for a console somehow relevant?

Thebeerbear

Postby Thebeerbear » 25 February 2017, 00:48

That depends dode, did you pay more for a pc than console because you were under the assumption that you would get dlc cheaper and with better content? Then yes. Did you pay more for a pc because it is a higher spec? Then no.

I love bloodbowl. I will play it no matter what. However, with the constant problems that each update is having on the ps4, coupled with every dlc or deal being more expensive than pc, its rather hard to feel the love back. There is a tangible sense of greivence on the ps4 cladder group.

Return to “General”