Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Everything dealing with the video game developed by Cyanide!
triperis

Re: Chaos Dwarfs, Khemri & Team Pack

Postby triperis » 02 March 2017, 12:03

Is the fact that I paid a lot more for my PC than I would have paid for a console somehow relevant?
This is relevant only if those money reached Cyanide. I am completely ok with covering some expenses where Sony charges more than Valve, etc. I am ok with Cyanide not providing options which they cannot provide. I am not ok with them using that to overcharge their users to get them pay more. One has data and could lower price point at average to make sure players on both platforms would get roughly similar treatment. You know, it's little decisions like these which make you appreciate devs and buy vanity stuff just to support them.

Or if you want to stay at "my PC costs more" point, please take into account people's expenses at different locales, average wages, etc. Also one should be aware that most likely we have PCs too, which cost as well, and on top of that we have PS4s AND pay to be able to play online ;) We get our value, so do you playing on your PC. Pricing should not really be different aside real development additional costs.

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 02 March 2017, 15:03

I wonder if people complaining about pricing here go to Grocery Stores to complain and expect that Store to change their pricing to match another chain's pricing for that same box of cereal. Or better yet, go to a Convenience Store at a Gas Station and insist that they should be charging the same amount as a Dollar Store. This is a business working with another business that will distribute (and be the playing platform for) their product. I'm sure that their pricing is set for a reason...

Skode

Postby Skode » 03 March 2017, 11:26

I wonder if people complaining about pricing here go to Grocery Stores to complain and expect that Store to change their pricing to match another chain's pricing for that same box of cereal. Or better yet, go to a Convenience Store at a Gas Station and insist that they should be charging the same amount as a Dollar Store. This is a business working with another business that will distribute (and be the playing platform for) their product. I'm sure that their pricing is set for a reason...
Bad example lol - over here stores do price promises to match if not better prices on same product vs other stores.

In regards to dlc i bought it all, didnt grudge it. Did grudge pc player complaints about having to pay for dlc though - many claim to love the game and want more but rage at having to fund it? LE is put up or shut up IMO, consoles pretty much funded the other teams lets be honest as getting all dlc means more or less price of game x3. Team bundle again saves pc master race moaners money... never has a dev had to go to such lengths to pander to the vocal minority for so little in return.

SLHunterUSA

Postby SLHunterUSA » 03 March 2017, 15:28

Not all Grocery Stores will Price-match other Grocery Stores, and certainly a Convenience Store won't Price-match a Grocery Store. As a more direct comparison, there are plenty of games available on PC and console where the pricing is different.

Return to “General”